Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2016

Post by sn26567 »

The SN Tomorrowland flight to MUC (SN1941 A330-300 OO-SFV) is precisely scheduled to depart during that time frame, at 14:30. Well, I guess it will be delayed by a few minutes...
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote:The SN Tomorrowland flight to MUC (SN1941 A330-300 OO-SFV) is precisely scheduled to depart during that time frame, at 14:30. Well, I guess it will be delayed by a few minutes...
flight will be on the OO-SFN as this one has the stickers ..
Citybird
The flying dream

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:You work for a competitor airline, and that is probably (and once again) the reason for your sarcastic reply about Brussels Airlines. May I remind you that one of your B777's returned home last week after six hours flying, also for a minor technical problem as The Aviation Herald reported: "The airline reported a minor technical fault prompted the return" - see http://avherald.com/h?article=49ae8a9c&opt=0
There is much more to that story.You will need to contact the BA press office for that.
I don't have to contact the BA press office: The Aviation Herald did that. And BA said to them, and I quote again: "a minor technical fault prompted the return". Off course we all know that is not true. You don't return for a minor technical fault when you have flown six hours already. You then continue to destination, or you land on the nearest airport. The Aviation Herald also wrote this: "A passenger reported the crew announced a wrong flight plan had been filed". So maybe AvHerald.com reader Lisa was right indeed with her comment there: "A problem with the flight plan not being accepted by Russian ATC. Entry was blocked by Russia. Aircraft was on hold for 10mins. Not enough fuel for HND so turned back to Helsinki. Technical problem enroute to HEL, ETOPS issue. So decision to return to LHR."

Anyway, if you really want to know why SN3591 did not land in Lyon but returned to BRU, you will have to contact the Brussels Airlines press office. I'm pretty sure that the nose gear problem was serious enough not to land at Lyon. Because sending a few mechanics to Lyon with the spare parts would have costed less then sending a replacement aircraft.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Passenger wrote:he Aviation Herald also wrote this: "A passenger reported the crew announced a wrong flight plan had been filed". So maybe AvHerald.com reader Lisa was right indeed with her comment there: "A problem with the flight plan not being accepted by Russian ATC. Entry was blocked by Russia. Aircraft was on hold for 10mins. Not enough fuel for HND so turned back to Helsinki. Technical problem enroute to HEL, ETOPS issue. So decision to return to LHR."

Anyway, if you really want to know why SN3591 did not land in Lyon but returned to BRU, you will have to contact the Brussels Airlines press office. I'm pretty sure that the nose gear problem was serious enough not to land at Lyon. Because sending a few mechanics to Lyon with the spare parts would have costed less then sending a replacement aircraft.
I just spat my tea out reading this:
-ETOPS between Russia and Helsinki
-Not landing on one of the longest runways in Europe because of a gear problem.
:roll: :lol:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Poiu wrote:
Passenger wrote:The Aviation Herald also wrote this: "A passenger reported the crew announced a wrong flight plan had been filed". So maybe AvHerald.com reader Lisa was right indeed with her comment there: "A problem with the flight plan not being accepted by Russian ATC. Entry was blocked by Russia. Aircraft was on hold for 10mins. Not enough fuel for HND so turned back to Helsinki. Technical problem enroute to HEL, ETOPS issue. So decision to return to LHR."

-Not landing on one of the longest runways in Europe because of a gear problem
That remark on AvHerald.com from a certain Lisa didn't mention "ETOPS between Russia and Helsinki", but just a short "ETOPS issue".

Me thinks the tea spat was caused because you constantly have to change nicknames. Why don't you keep just one profile here Sean, just like everybody else?

By the way, the nose gear problem was confirmed here:
Atco EBBR wrote:Nose gear problems. Landed 25R 20 min ago, had to be towed to the stand (but was able to vacate the runway without assistance).

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
Poiu wrote:
Passenger wrote:The Aviation Herald also wrote this: "A passenger reported the crew announced a wrong flight plan had been filed". So maybe AvHerald.com reader Lisa was right indeed with her comment there: "A problem with the flight plan not being accepted by Russian ATC. Entry was blocked by Russia. Aircraft was on hold for 10mins. Not enough fuel for HND so turned back to Helsinki. Technical problem enroute to HEL, ETOPS issue. So decision to return to LHR."

-Not landing on one of the longest runways in Europe because of a gear problem
That remark on AvHerald.com from a certain Lisa didn't mention "ETOPS between Russia and Helsinki", but just a short "ETOPS issue".

Me thinks the tea spat was caused because you constantly have to change nicknames. Why don't you keep just one profile here Sean, just like everybody else?

By the way, the nose gear problem was confirmed here:
Atco EBBR wrote:Nose gear problems. Landed 25R 20 min ago, had to be towed to the stand (but was able to vacate the runway without assistance).
Funny how you think that just because someone actually tends to agree more with me than with you, it must be me under a different nickname. Quite the ego you have :) Can the mods please confirm that the IP adresses are different so we can get this repeated insult out of the way please?

The issue was a combination of technical and flightplan/ATC .... Being on approach at destination, going around and flying back to point of departure is far from good customer service and indeed is, as you rightly pointed out, cheap.

stragke

Post by stragke »

TB5734 from punta delgada frist to BRU then to ANR and now it looks like it's OST
it appeared that for whatever reason the landing had to be aborted and the runways checked while this happend TB5734 possibly had run fuel critical and decided not to wait much longer and set course to land at OST, a couple other flights were also affected but after holding landed at BRU
Attachments
night restriction at bru.PNG
night restriction at bru.PNG (880.98 KiB) Viewed 4422 times

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

What could be the reasons for a company as SN to cancel a flight ( 285 yesterday to ABJ and COTONOU in code share with LH HU AC and UA ) and to fly SN 1285 to the same destination without code share at the same time ?

The same today of course with a canceled arrival for SN 286 but a real arrival for SN 1286...with 15 minutes delay.

Thx a lot !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

stragke wrote:TB5734 from punta delgada frist to BRU then to ANR and now it looks like it's OST
it appeared that for whatever reason the landing had to be aborted and the runways checked while this happend TB5734 possibly had run fuel critical and decided not to wait much longer and set course to land at OST, a couple other flights were also affected but after holding landed at BRU
I've combined Flightradar24 with LiveATC.net, and there was no fuel critial call.

During approach, heavy rain and low visibility were announced. They were on final approach and on ILS at 1.250 ft when Tower told them that a runway inspection had to be done to check brake conditions. When they were in holding, Tower added "we now have lightnings" to the initial heavy rain. So they went into a holding pattern above Antwerpen (where they were able to see Tomorrowland, I guess).

After 15 minutes in holding, Tower asked them how much more they could wait. "15 minutes before we have to divert". Just five minutes later, Tower advised them that the thunderstorms above the aerodrome would remain for about half an hour. Reply from the crew: OK, we'll then divert to OST now.

They flew for 45 minutes from the moment of the aborted approach to BRU till landing at OST.

Hue

Post by Hue »

Passenger wrote: During approach, heavy rain and low visibility were announced. They were on final approach and on ILS at 1.250 ft when Tower told them that a runway inspection had to be done to check brake conditions. When they were in holding, Tower added "we now have lightnings" to the initial heavy rain.
After 15 minutes in holding, Tower asked them how much more they could wait. "15 minutes before we have to divert". Just five minutes later, Tower advised them that the thunderstorms above the aerodrome would remain for about half an hour.
Tower did NOT speak to this aircraft at all, Brussels Approach did. Braking action 25R was reported medium by previous crew. After friction test even poor to medium. Lightning procedures for about 40' + acft holding. 25L was then used for landings (braking action good, normally 25R single runway on friday night). Including the traffic above, 2 missed approaches and 2 diversions (1 RYR to Liege).

convair

Post by convair »

nordikcam wrote:What could be the reasons for a company as SN to cancel a flight ( 285 yesterday to ABJ and COTONOU in code share with LH HU AC and UA ) and to fly SN 1285 to the same destination without code share at the same time ?

The same today of course with a canceled arrival for SN 286 but a real arrival for SN 1286...with 15 minutes delay.

Thx a lot !
Good question! I've seen that many times, mostly when a flight has a long delay (several hours), which is not unusual (!) but which was not the case here.
I see 2 possibilities: changing the order of the 2 destinations or make it a triangular flight; in the latter case they would normally keep SN 1285 (i.s.o. SN 1286) for the "return" leg to BRU.
And ,btw, another question is: why do they have 2 different flight numbers (241 and 243) for their flghts to Freetown-Monrovia, with same route, same schedule?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Today's United Airlines' UA-972 / UA-973 is cancelled: Washington-Brussels-Washington.

Apparently a last minute decision, as N712UA = a Boeing 777-200ER was planned:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n217ua

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Passenger wrote:Today's United Airlines' UA-972 / UA-973 is cancelled: Washington-Brussels-Washington.

Apparently a last minute decision, as N712UA = a Boeing 777-200ER was planned:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n217ua
The canceled flight is ORD - BRU - IAD ;)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

JAF-7361 / TB7361 Liège-Nador took off towards Charleroi, but seems to divert to BRU now.

00-TUK 737-800

https://www.flightradar24.com/JAF7361/a72da2c

(edited : flight number)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

An unexpected visitor at BRU this evening: EI-DYX, Ryanair 737-800, FR-3131 Stansted-Paphos:

Twitter: "Passengers on FR-3131 report loud noise and sudden sharp descent on board. Passengers told something caught fire in the hold"
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FR3131?src=hash

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 31#a7270c6

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote:An unexpected visitor at BRU this evening: EI-DYX, Ryanair 737-800, FR-3131 Stansted-Paphos:

Twitter: "Passengers on FR-3131 report loud noise and sudden sharp descent on board. Passengers told something caught fire in the hold"
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FR3131?src=hash

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 31#a7270c6
Wheel well fire indication when flying at FL350 above Nivelles and Namur:
http://avherald.com/h?article=49ba1970&opt=0

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Passenger wrote:JAF-7361 / TB7361 Liège-Nador took off towards Charleroi, but seems to divert to BRU now.

00-TUK 737-800

(edited : flight number)
Medical diversion

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Kapitein wrote:
Passenger wrote:JAF-7361 / TB7361 Liège-Nador took off towards Charleroi, but seems to divert to BRU now.
00-TUK 737-800
Medical diversion
Thus excellent job by Jetairfly: the return flight NDR-LGG (OO-TUK) landed in Liège with a delay of just 50 minutes this morning (04h40 -> 05h28).

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Wizz Air W6-7865 Debrecen-Charleroi diverted to Beauvais this morning. ETA in CRL was 08h55.

A320 - HA-LYG

Seems however they never intented to go to CRL:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 65#a8713d9

Return flight to Debrecen also took off from Beuvais:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ha-lyg

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Jetairfly had an issue yesterday with OO-JVA between the arrival of Split-Antwerp and the departure of Antwerp-Ibiza: the scheduled 40 minutes relay became 2h45min. The ERJ-190 therefore was unable to arrive in ANR before the night curfew (though it should have been allowed because the arrival was planned for 22h30). Anyway, OO-JVA IBZ-ANR diverted to BRU yesterday late night, arriving there at 00h10.

So this morning, the bird few BRU-ANR as positioning flight JAF-93/TB-93:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... a/#a95097f