BRU-MAN with SN 14 September 2015

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

BRU-MAN with SN 14 September 2015

Post by Comet »

I checked in online the day before using my iPad from the reception area in the hotel in Oostende. We had been given seats 4E and 4F - the very front rows of economy.

On 14th September we caught the train from Oostende to Antwerp to have some chips at Frituur Centraal, and then caught the train from Antwerp to BRU - we weren't expecting the Dutch train to the airport!

On arrival at BRU we printed our boarding passes at the self service machine, and used the self service machine to label our luggage. Then we bought some jenever and peket in the duty free.

Etihad A330 at the gate.

Close view of Qatar Dreamliner. I do like the shape of the nose - more elegant than other Boeings.

The Qatar Dreamliner.

Our flight was to depart from gate B15 - the scheduled time was 16:55 but then it was put back by 20 minutes for some unknown reason.

Our aircraft - A319 OO-SSG at the gate.

The boarding call was made at 16:51, and we made our way onto what was to be a very full flight. People with large pieces of hand luggage were blocking the overhead bins and there wasn't enough room to store everyone's luggage.

The view from seat 4F - it was very cloudy then it started to rain.

The open door and our neighbour - Aer Lingus A320.

The crew consisted of a female purser, two female flight attendants, a male Captain and a female first officer - who made the initial announcement. Turbulence was expected and the flight was goi9ng to take 55 minutes.

We pushed back at 17:28 and took off at 17:41. It was raining.

Climbing away from BRU. It was turbulent in the climb. There was a loud noise followed by a white flash, like a camera flash going off. I thought no more about it, only later in the flight did the Captain announce the aircraft had been struck by lightning as we climbed away from BRU.

Entering cloud.

Slightly thinner cloud.

Somewhere over Belgium.

Our course took us over Oostende and towards the south of England. Our cruising altitude was 36000 feet and a speed of 462 knots as we passed Southend on Sea in Essex.

Clearer view.

Some cloud again.

Inflight.

It was less turbulent at cruising altitude.

I can't imagine that loved ones would be too happy if you wrapped their presents in an airline sick bag!

At altitude.

Looking towards Business Class. The divider curtains weren't drawn on this flight.

Approaching MAN. It was a slightly turbulent descent with cloud.

Touchdown! We landed in MAN at 17:36.

On the taxiway.

Crossing the runway to get to the terminal - after a Thomas Cook aircraft had taken off.

Reaching the terminal at MAN.

My opinions of the flight were positive. I enjoy flying on Brussels Airlines and I hope to fly with them again next year :mrgreen:

The video of the flight:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avroflyer

Re: BRU-MAN with SN 14 September 2015

Post by Avroflyer »

Nice report and video!

I'm glad you enjoyed your flight!

Thx for sharing :)

Comet

Re: BRU-MAN with SN 14 September 2015

Post by Comet »

Thanks Avroflyer :-)
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise