Airbus to launch A321NEO-LR with 3900NM TATL range

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn-remember

Re: Airbus to launch A321NEO-LR with 3900NM TATL range

Post by sn-remember »

Never say never ..
We will see of course what the real managers will decide (a truism) ;)
BTW, as I already mentioned FWIW, I would also tend to believe sn's priorities for the l/r network lies with the w/b.
If we want to discuss sn strategy further, we should open a thread for it ...
Of course the neolr version may bring an interesting addition to many existing A320 family fleet worldwide.
I am not a smart enough armchair ceo to say for sure if sn or qr or ey or tk or ... will fly this bird one day or not, we shall see.
Discussing the costs of this a/c, trying to understand to what extend it could become a "game changer" is part of the discussion .. Many ceos around the world are studying these questions with -hopefully- sophisticated tools. And in particular comparing it with current and future w/b's ..
I am sure many posters in different aviation forums also humbly venture to this exercise ...
Last edited by sn-remember on 27 Oct 2014, 01:01, edited 4 times in total.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn-remember wrote:If we want to discuss sn strategy further, we should open a thread for it ...
Actually, that topic already exists:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45737&start=980

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Thank you :)
I just reworded my post slightly though

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

sn-remember wrote: As for the A321, the longest route would be according to wiki hel-dxb.
Finnair’s configuration for A321 Sharklet on this route is 209 seats in all-Economy class cabin, replacing Boeing 757.
SN could try operating the same equipment to AFI if they wished (although I'm sure they would want to offer a 2 class cabin), possibly subject to load restriction though. Dkr and bjl would be ok.
HEL (60°19'02"N 24°57'48"E) DXB (25°15'10"N 55°21'52"E) 135.5° (SE) 2450 nm
Let's precise AY obviously needs 2 additional center tanks to achieve this range with full passenger payload. Meaning little cargo room left.
The neo can achieve the same with no ACT, thus offering 4.6T additional cargo uplift and the lr version will be natl capable again thanks to 3 ACT's.
It is assumed that 1 ACT shifts the operational range by roughly 500 nm.
The lr version will also feature a enhanced MTOW to 97T (iof 93.5 for the neo)
Passenger wrote:And why has, so far, no one here looked deeper into the A321neo versus B757-200?
So the main differences between the B757 and the A321-neo-lr are :
1. significant cargo revenue for the former, less to none for the latter.
2. Around 166 pax at long range for the neolr iof roughly 220 for the 757.
3. Last but not least : 25% less fuel thirsty for the neolr.
Some points airlines will certainly consider before commiting.