Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 »

White Light wrote:Arrogant and pathetic, dear Sean, as most of the time.
All companies try to lower taxes and maximize profits, but the vast majority do it without resorting to tax havens like FR (one of the big ones that can afford to pay national taxes or cannot they ? would that mean the disappearance of FR ?)
Posting something without personally insulting seems to be beyond your capabilities. Anyway, as a company Ryanair pays millions of euro's of taxes to Ireland every year, just not for its aircraft purchases.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

As far as is known at present, Ryanair has done nothing unlawful.
If a country lacks some taxes as a consequence of the deal, it's Ireland. None of our business here in Belgium.
Unethical ? That is a matter for personal judgement.
As for me, I leave it to be judged by the appropriate courts (if deemed relevant) and in the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy their low fares, sans vergogne.
If Ryanair buy their aircraft at a favourable price, it'll reflect on the ticket prices, and that is a good thing (in my view).
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

MD-11forever

Post by MD-11forever »

White Light wrote:All companies try to lower taxes and maximize profits, but the vast majority do it without resorting to tax havens like FR (one of the big ones that can afford to pay national taxes or cannot they ? would that mean the disappearance of FR ?)
Well, not really. You would be surprised to see how many companies are located in a country purely for fiscal reasons.
For instance, why do you think that companies like Apple, Facebook, Pfizer, Cisco, IBM etc are located in Ireland? I guess not only for the beautiful countryside ;)
By the way, basically every country has measures in place to attract companies. For instance, the Notional Interest Deduction (notioniële intrestaftrek) in Belgium attracted quite some companies as well.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (20 Nov) announced it will carry over 3.5m customers between 20th December and 6th January, an increase of 500,000 customers over 2013, as record numbers of people fly home for the holiday season on the lowest fares.
Extra Christmas flights to Poland and the UK are booking up fast, while more families than ever are booking Christmas sun holidays on Ryanair flights to the Algarve and Canaries, and winter breaks to Brussels and Lisbon also proving very popular.
Ryanair will operate flights up to 16.40hrs (GMT) on Christmas Eve, resuming flights at 07.40hrs (GMT) on St Stephen’s Day, to ensure everyone gets home for Christmas. - See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... OggR2.dpuf

Stij

Post by Stij »

Which schm*ck changed the FR BRU-TSF schedule from a convenient evening rotation to an horrible early morning rotation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Cheers,

Stij

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Ryanair: Europe's most profitable airline "not cheap and nasty". FY target raised after strong 2Q

Ryanair has again achieved double digit growth in net profits in 2QFY2015. This was the result of revenue per seat growth outpacing cost per seat growth. After Ryanair's dip in profits in FY2014, it has now reported two quarters of earnings growth and reconfirmed its position as Europe's most profitable airline. It has again raised its FY2015 net profit guidance and expects a result that is around 45% higher than last year.

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/r ... -2q-194608

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (24 Nov) announced a new partnership with Booking.com, the world leader in online hotel and accommodation booking. This will now allow Ryanair customers to book the widest range of accommodation at the best prices, directly on the Ryanair.com website.
See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... HiV4K.dpuf

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary was speaking at the Deloitte Enterprise Ireland CEO Forum.
He said Ryanair will double in size in the next ten years and is already the world's biggest international airline with 71 bases, 183 airports, 1,600 routes and 2,000 flights a day.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary was speaking at the Deloitte Enterprise Ireland CEO Forum.
He said Ryanair will double in size in the next ten years and is already the world's biggest international airline with 71 bases, 183 airports, 1,600 routes and 2,000 flights a day.
In terms of international routes yes, but in the industry airlines are usually compared through other factors such as ASK, RPK or revenue. In terms of RPK for example they are not in the top-10, which is normal as they only have intra-European flights and large global airlines like Emirates, Lufthansa, Air France and British Airways are besides the big American and Chinese carriers in the top-10 in this category. This is usually used to look how large international airlines are, as it represents both the amount of passengers and the kilometers flown (which makes clear if they have a large global network or a concentrated one like Ryanair).

But yes in terms of internationla routes and bases it's easy for FR to claim that 'title'. Although many non-European people actually see the EU as a domestic market (and in fact the Schengen market indeed is a sort of domestic market). So outside Europe, no one will see Ryanair as the largest international airline in the world.
People compare FR with Southwest, both large LCC's operating large networks form a high range of bases on a mainly 'domestic' network.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

A total of 99.93% of shareholders who voted at a Ryanair EGM today have approved an order for 100 Boeing 737 Max aircraft with 100 options.
When finalised the deal will be valued at more than $22 billion at current list prices if all options are taken up.
The new Boeing planes feature 197 seats (eight more than Ryanair’s existing 737-800s), more leg room, new interiors and new engines.
According to Ryanair, this will help reduce fuel consumption by up to 18% and reduce noise emissions by 40%.

"Ryanair is proud and honoured to become the lead operator of Boeing’s 737 "gamechanger" aircraft," commented the airline's chief executive Michael O'Leary.
"This order will expand our fleet to approximately 520 aircraft by 2024 while allowing us to grow our traffic to over 150 million per annum," he added.

UAE777

Post by UAE777 »

airazurxtror wrote: He said Ryanair will double in size in the next ten years and is already the world's biggest international airline with 71 bases, 183 airports, 1,600 routes and 2,000 flights a day.
What a joker!
He's nowhere near the biggest airline!
Ryanair is just a regional airline, operating a fleet of a couple of hundred 737s. :lol:

I suggest he comes over here and checks out DXB and Emirates.
We transport more passengers than him on LONG HAUL flights, with widebody planes only, and with a superb service on top and guess what, our CASM is lower than his!
If Emirates were to be given 5th freedom rights in the EU, our A380s would simply trash his OCMW outlet in a second! ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:A total of 99.93% of shareholders who voted at a Ryanair EGM today have approved an order for 100 Boeing 737 Max aircraft with 100 options.
Full article here: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... order-egm/

Who were the 0.07% who dared to vote against? Why did they vote against? Will they be sent to the goulag?
André
ex Sabena #26567

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

sn26567 wrote:Who were the 0.07% who dared to vote against? Why did they vote against? Will they be sent to the goulag?
It surely must be a MOL ! ! !
Last edited by sn26567 on 29 Nov 2014, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected BBCode

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

UAE777 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote: He said Ryanair will double in size in the next ten years and is already the world's biggest international airline with 71 bases, 183 airports, 1,600 routes and 2,000 flights a day.
What a joker!
Ryanair is just a regional airline, operating a fleet of a couple of hundred 737s. :lol:

We transport more passengers than him on LONG HAUL flights, with widebody planes only, and with a superb service on top and guess what, our CASM is lower than his!
If Emirates were to be given 5th freedom rights in the EU, our A380s would simply trash his OCMW outlet in a second! ;)
looks like your ego is doing just fine :D

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

UAE777 wrote:
What a joker!

No just boasting, give your numbers : how many bases, airports, routes, flights/day and pax/year at your exotic outfit ?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Please, not another 'mine is bigger than yours' discussion?
We all know Emirates is in a completely different league than Ryanair, UAE777, but that's not the topic discussed here.

To airazurxtror, do you really not know Emirates?
I mean: they have hundreds of A380s and 777s on order, so surely you must have read a bit about them too, or do you only read about 1 single airline?

Somehow UAE777 is right, compared to Emirates outstanding orders, ryanair' order is just small beer of course, but then you can't really compare apples to oranges either, UAE777.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

This here topic is on "Ryanair in 2014". Please stay on topic.
I don't go polluting the "Emirates" topic (if any), just be so good as doing the same for Ryanair.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:A total of 99.93% of shareholders who voted at a Ryanair EGM today have approved an order for 100 Boeing 737 Max aircraft with 100 options.
Who were the 0.07% who dared to vote against? Why did they vote against? Will they be sent to the goulag?
Held in the airline's headquarters in Swords, north Dublin, the meeting was called to seek shareholder approval for what is the biggest order ever placed by an Irish company.
Just three external shareholders turned up, outnumbered by the board.
Non-executive director James Osborne called the meeting to order, and said there was no need to read the resolution regarding the order.
Mr Osborne asked Ryanair chief executive Michael O'Leary if he wanted to say a few words.
He declined, and the meeting was closed. The room was quickly vacated as cabin crew were about to undergo training.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 83212.html

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair launched Electronic Flight Bags (EFB) for all pilots, across its entire fleet of 300 Boeing 737-800 aircraft, which will see Ryanair pilots using iPads in place of traditional flight manuals.
Ryanair pilots now have full electronic use of Boeing’s Onboard Performance Tool (OPT), which includes take-off performance calculations, as well as instant access to the most up to date electronic flight manuals, which will further improve time management and productivity, reducing dependency on paper products.
These two applications are the first in a suite of products that Ryanair is preparing to roll out over the coming months, including electronic charts and load sheets, subject to testing and approval from the Irish Aviation Authority.
Over the coming months, Ryanair plans to remove paper from the flight deck, eliminating 15kgs of manuals from each cockpit, and with Ryanair operating over 550,000 flights annually, creating fuel savings, while also eliminating more than 10 million pages of paper documentation.

- See more at: http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/art ... vd1HX.dpuf

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ryanair's chief commercial Officer talks in the irish independent on FR's future plans. These are trans-atlantic services, new cabin interiors, package holidays and the projection of half of the companies growth at primary airports. This would be in line of what we are hearing for growth plans in BRU for example.

http://m.independent.ie/life/travel/tra ... 79802.html