3rd season of Airline starts next monday (31/05/'04) on TV1

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
OO-VEX

3rd season of Airline starts next monday (31/05/'04) on TV1

Post by OO-VEX »

Hello,

from next monday on TV1 will broadcast the third season of Airline, a British docusoap about easyJet. The program starts between 2040 and 2100 and runs from monday till saturday.

:dance:

OO-VEX

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I'll watch it, just like I did last year and with the aiport series. But there is one thing that bothers me, the 'programmablad' sais that it's about easyjet A CHARTERairline. I always thought EZY wasn't a Charter airline...

Captain

Post by Captain »

Good show which gives you a good idea of many unknown aspects of operating an airline.

It is more based on check-in staff and there is not that much footage on the planes but you do get some behind the scenes reporting.

Good programme but can be repetitive in the long run (i.e. people constantly missing their flight and being angry at check-in staff, a drunk passenger refused to go on board, etc.)

Captain

Comet

Post by Comet »

Captain wrote:Good show which gives you a good idea of many unknown aspects of operating an airline.

It is more based on check-in staff and there is not that much footage on the planes but you do get some behind the scenes reporting.

Good programme but can be repetitive in the long run (i.e. people constantly missing their flight and being angry at check-in staff, a drunk passenger refused to go on board, etc.)

Captain
I got sick of watching that series long ago - sick of that whingeing dispatcher from Liverpool, those bimbos on the check in, the bimbos in the ticket sales - that's pretty much all that was on that programme, it was bloody repetitive.

The original "Airline" series was better - it featured Britannia and there was alot about a pilot, a steward, a check in supervisor and a group of cabin crew trainees, so there was a good mix and alot of variety. Then we had "Holiday Airline" which has never been shown in its entirety. This was about Monarch, and featured the same kind of things as the Britannia one - namely crews, aircraft, cabin crew trainees and very occasionally check in and ticketing.

I find the EasyJet series totally unbearable :evil:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Jense

Post by Jense »

Louise,

Can you just cool down a little bit? It's not because you don't like airline or the airline that is focussing in that programme that you need to be so 'agressive' :!: :?

I'm already happy that there's something about airlines and planes on TV, wich is so strange these days :!: :roll:

greettzzz

Comet

Post by Comet »

I'm not being aggressive! I am just saying that the other "Airline" series were better than the EasyJet one, which they were because they featured alot more about the aircraft and the people who work on the aircraft and less of the people who work on the check in and ticket sales.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like the airline featured, if I saw a programme about SNBA and it only featured ticket sales and check in, I would find it boring, I like to see more about the aircraft and less about the sales staff when I watch a series about an Airline.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'll certainly watch it from time to time. I don't really like all the check in stories etc... because it's always the same, but on the otherhand you might see some nice planes on TV ;)
sab319 wrote:But there is one thing that bothers me, the 'programmablad' sais that it's about easyjet A CHARTERairline. I always thought EZY wasn't a Charter airline...
One more fact that tells not to trust the media (not always).

Greetz
Chris

Allnipponairways

Post by Allnipponairways »

have to tape this , am flying all week , thanks for the information

greets

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I can't watch this week:evil:
Could someone keep me tuned?

I liked the series, but i prefered 'het leven zoals het is - luchthaven' about BRU!!! Pitty that they don't start a new serie like that!

greetz

tom

Avro

Post by Avro »

teddybAIR wrote: I liked the series, but i prefered 'het leven zoals het is - luchthaven' about BRU!!! Pitty that they don't start a new serie like that!
That's right. "Het leven zoals het is" was the best one. I hope that vrt will do one with VEX, TCB, SNBA and TUI in the future. :P

Greetz
Chris
8)

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

I agree with Comet. The other series of 'Airline', with Britannia airways and 'holiday airline' with Monarch, are better, in my opinion. I've seen so many series about the EasyJet episodes, and in a particular way I don't like them so much. You see very often chaotic scenes about yelling ground-staff and mad people, that I get the impression by watching that serie that EasyJet is a bad airline, but she isn't. And also about subjects wich aren't aviation-related, are beginning to irritate. But I'm absolutely not against 'Airline', my point is just that the serie is going backwards. ;)