flight rescheduled, my rights?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airtrotter

flight rescheduled, my rights?

Post by airtrotter »

I booked a ticket in April for a flight NCE-BRU with SN in November. At the time of booking the schedule was:
NCE BRU 1615 1755

2 weeks ago I got an email from SN, the flight was rescheduled to:

NCE BRU 2140 2315

that's more than 5 hours!
What are the passenger's rights in such a situation?

Sai

Re: flight rescheduled, my rights?

Post by Sai »

You'll have to check the 'General conditions of Carriage' on the bottom of the site (in Dutch: 'Algemene Vervoersvoorwaarden').
From the moment you book a ticket you'll have to check a box you agree with the conditions otherwise it's not possible to book a ticket. A quick look tells me it is paragraph 9.1. and maybe 10.2 wich is probably applicable for you.
Passenger Rights (European Comission): http://ec.europa.eu/transport/passenger ... 3-air.html . But they don't include changes of schedules prior to the flight. Only delays, cancellations, etc...that's not the same as in your case...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Try a re-routing via FRA/MUC with LH .. via their call-center..
Sometimes they do .. sometimes they don't ...
Good-luck ..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

You have the right to a refund, that's all... They can reschedule or cancel your flight up to 6 weeks before.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I think what charlie roy has said is about right: if it no longer fits your own schedule, you can cancel and look elsewhere.

Mind you, all this is a consequence of your choice to book flights more than half a year ahead of date.

Book closer to date if you want to avoid all this, but then be willing to accept the price too, of course.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Inquirer wrote:Mind you, all this is a consequence of your choice to book flights more than half a year ahead of date.

Book closer to date if you want to avoid all this, but then be willing to accept the price too, of course.
That's absolutely wrong. He could have booked his ticket two weeks and a day before and receive a notification on the following day...

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

airtrainer wrote:
Inquirer wrote:Mind you, all this is a consequence of your choice to book flights more than half a year ahead of date.

That's absolutely wrong. He could have booked his ticket two weeks and a day before and receive a notification on the following day...
Correct, but the more time there is between booking and actual flying, the more chance for a change there is, especially if you book a flight for next IATA season. That is always somewhat of a risk, as schedule changes are quite common then.

Happens all the time to me: I got no less than 4 mails this week concerning schedule changes to my business trips planned in November, only one of which was with Brussels Airlines.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Seems that schedule changes happen more and more often. Got several notifications from Ryanair this year, and the winner is with no doubt Volotea, with a flight "rescheduled" TWO DAYS later :evil: