Jetairfly goes Embraer

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JAF737

Jetairfly goes Embraer

Post by JAF737 »

Jetairfly has ordered 2 Embraer 190, seating 112 passengers, which should be joining the fleet in February and March 2013. These two new aircrafts will be flying the short flights of the B737's within Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece...).

In 2013, Jetairfly will operate a fleet of 19 Boeings and 2 Embraers.

Kind regards
Last edited by JAF737 on 06 Aug 2012, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Re: Jetairfly goes Embraer

Post by sn26567 »

The first E-Jets on the Belgian registry, if I am not mistaken.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sai

Post by Sai »

JAF737 wrote:Jetairfly has ordered 2 Embraer 195, seating 112 passengers, which should be joining the fleet in February and March 2013.
The E 195 has a capacity of 108-125 according to Embraer's website, so with only 112 seats, seatpitch would be bigger than on their Boeings? Or am I mistaken?
JAF737 wrote: In 2013, Jetairfly will operate a fleet of 19 Boeings and 2 Embraers.
According to wikipedia there are, besides the 2 Embraers, 5 new Boeings on order (3 737-800 and 2 787) for 2013, And now they operate 20 Boeings. So if my calculation is correct (20 - 6= 14 + 5 new= 19 Boeings). Then this means 6 Boeings they currently operate will dissapear.
Which ones, which types?
Thanks

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

The OO-JAT (B735) and OO-JAM (B734) will leave the fleet at the end of this year. Don't forget the PH-TFF (B738) is only in lease until the end of the summer season, same case for the Thomson B738, although they both fly under the Jetairfly AOC for the moment. The 2nd B787 is only scheduled to arrive in 2015, not in 2013. No other aircraft is scheduled to leave the fleet.

cnc

Post by cnc »

will these be based in LGG then?

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Still unclear (no communication) but it would be CRL & BRU. Rumours though, that's not confirmed yet.

cnc

Post by cnc »

imo this doesn't make much sense.
the F100 left the fleet because it was too small and didn't fit in with the rest of the boeing fleet. and now some years after 2 E195 would come in.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

The F100 didn't leave the fleet because it was too small, but because the leasing contract hasn't been extended due to higher prices requested... it wouldn't have made sense as the B735 was cheaper in the Jetairfly case...

What makes sense is that they need those small(er) aircrafts, and I'm sure they will fit perfectly!

cnc

Post by cnc »

hm OO-TUF returned to BRU the last months of its service in belgium. did it actually fly any route where the 737's had too much capacity?

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Speaking out of experience... We hardly ever perform flights with less than 70% load factors.
If there was no place for them in our fleet, they would not be coming our way.
Thomas

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Jetairfly operates a lot of triangle flights while customers value direct point-to-point connections far higher than triangle flights. Moreover, triangle flights are probably less efficient and economical to perform provided that the direct flights reach sufficient load factors. My educated guess is that JAF will use the Embraers to reduce the amount of triangle flights and offer a more customer friendly product to tourists.

Just my 2 cents, though

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

But an EMB195 for charter ops... from a loading point of view that doesn't seem a wise descision. Small compartments, limited structural weights vs. a lot of large and heavy bags. And what about the cabin bags, they seem a bit larger on charter flights most of the time :)

I do not dislike the EMB's but it doesn't seem suitable for charter ops in my opinion.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

RCMike wrote:But an EMB195 for charter ops... from a loading point of view that doesn't seem a wise descision. Small compartments, limited structural weights vs. a lot of large and heavy bags. And what about the cabin bags, they seem a bit larger on charter flights most of the time :)

I do not dislike the EMB's but it doesn't seem suitable for charter ops in my opinion.
The E-170-E195 range is actually more a mini airliner then a regional jet. I've flew with several E-jets with United on trips in the USA and the amount of space available is quite impressive. When you board an E-Jet it's like stepping into a small Airbus for example, it's roomy, plenty of space available (yes, even the overhead bins are quite roomy). And AFAIK there are higher weight variants available, so I don't think that loads will be a problem.

I actually like the E-jet quite a lot, especially when you have a layout like United has (Y+ and F) :mrgreen:

cnc

Post by cnc »

RCMike wrote:But an EMB195 for charter ops... from a loading point of view that doesn't seem a wise descision. Small compartments, limited structural weights vs. a lot of large and heavy bags. And what about the cabin bags, they seem a bit larger on charter flights most of the time :)

if i remember the LOT EMB's well belly space is just a little less then 73W and the doors open up outwards so that is less of a problem

SNam

Post by SNam »

Well, belly space on an Embraer 170 to 195 is definitely less then a 73W, if i remember well the aft holds are very small. The height is terrible and it is very difficult to place the luggage decent enough for getting everything in.

Embraers are very suitable for companies like LOT, Lufhtansa, etc. but not for companies like JAF.

Charter luggage is most of the time bigger(heavier), you have the strollers, i don't know the size of the overhead compartments but i suppose they are smaller then the 73W. So if you have to add the cabin luggage in the hold on a full Embraer, it sounds like fun. And from my knowledge, weight and balance on an Embraer could be a mess.

But then again money wins over efficiency and practical operations.

Kind regards,

cnc

Post by cnc »

SNam wrote: Charter luggage is most of the time bigger(heavier), you have the strollers, i don't know the size of the overhead compartments but i suppose they are smaller then the 73W. So if you have to add the cabin luggage in the hold on a full Embraer, it sounds like fun. And from my knowledge, weight and balance on an Embraer could be a mess.
have you ever worked with the F100? :)
i remember the F100 being out of trim when empty for a P flight BRU - OST

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

Some B737-800s are even out of trim when going on ferry flight and crew is 2/0 ;)
I think the load compartments of F100 are slightly greater than those of EMB.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Jetairfly seems to be an intelligently managed airline - not losing time in moaning about level or unlevel playing fields, not wishing to get rid of a concurrent - but steadily going ahead on its own.
Seems to have found the way to manage bases both at BRU and CRL, too.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

JAF 737 wrote: Still unclear (no communication) but it would be CRL & BRU. Rumours though, that's not confirmed yet.
JAF is also considering to base a second plane at OST. imo the E-jet could be well suited to serve from OST some destinations such as BCN,PMI,AGP,FCO, CTA GLA ,..year-round..

Grtz

SN1203

Post by SN1203 »

airazurxtror wrote:Jetairfly seems to be an intelligently managed airline - not losing time in moaning about level or unlevel playing fields, not wishing to get rid of a concurrent - but steadily going ahead on its own.
Ummm... well, they actually don't have to lose time on the existing unlevel playing field in this country as other airlines are sorting the mess for them :roll: