Brussels Airlines future and financial perspective

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: Brussels Airlines future and financial perspective

Post by nordikcam »

How much Avro are staying right now ? 8 + 1 ( from WDL ) ?
How much Dash8 ? 2 ?
How much Embraer from BM ? Airfleet says 1 but I guess it's 2 no ?
Thx.

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

skumfiduse wrote: If Cityjet's plan is to support Brussels Airlines, I'd say we could see up to 10 SSJ's in Brussels. This as a replacement for Avro & expiring wet-lease aircraft, capacity for additional frequencies to existing destinations and launching new destinations.
Let's start with about 5 ;) That's the number they always talk about regarding the wet-leased 100-seaters (or was it 4?).[/quote]

If SN will keep wet-lease Dash-8 and Embraer 145, then I agree with a plan of 5 SSJ's. I wrote 'up to 10' which means SN/WX could start with a base of 5 and grow to 10 in a positive growth scenario :)

Konus

Post by Konus »

nordikcam wrote:How much Avro are staying right now ? 8 + 1 ( from WDL ) ?
How much Dash8 ? 2 ?
How much Embraer from BM ? Airfleet says 1 but I guess it's 2 no ?
Thx.
RJ100: currently 8 aircraft (WDL left fleet at the end of the summer season)
DHC-8: currently 2 aircraft
E145: currently 4 aircraft (1 a/c in fleet SN and 3 a/c in fleet BM)

Rgds

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Konus wrote: RJ100: currently 8 aircraft (WDL left fleet at the end of the summer season)

Rgds
Clear ! :-) Thx a lot !

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Still no news regarding the discussions under process between LH & SN shareholders... I find this "silence" a little bit strange...
But anyway, let's think "no news, good news!"...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Still no news regarding the discussions under process between LH & SN shareholders... I find this "silence" a little bit strange...
Negotiations are still going on...in the right direction and should be finished before the end of the year.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

nordikcam wrote:
Konus wrote: RJ100: currently 8 aircraft (WDL left fleet at the end of the summer season)

Rgds
I hope they increase the BMI operated flights. Always top notch crew and nice that you get a lotus cookie with 1 drink for free! Which routes do they currently operate for SN?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Shengenzone wrote:
nordikcam wrote:

Rgds
I hope they increase the BMI operated flights. Always top notch crew and nice that you get a lotus cookie with 1 drink for free! Which routes do they currently operate for SN?
They fly Newcastle, East Midlands, Birmingham ( some flights but not all ), Bristol, Edimbourgh ( some too ), Nantes, Brême, Nuremberg and Turin I guess. Saw them on Strasbourg sometimes too !

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:But anyway, let's think "no news, good news!"...
Like Airbuske said, negotiations are moving in the right direction, SN shareholders haven't backed away from LH and the SN management is confident that a good deal will be reached before the end of this year.

I do not expect to hear much before all parties have reached an agreement, the last time Carsten Spohr did some interviews in the Belgian press, it turned out to be a small catastrophe. Lesson learned.

brusselsairlinesfan

airbuske wrote:
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Still no news regarding the discussions under process between LH & SN shareholders... I find this "silence" a little bit strange...
Negotiations are still going on...in the right direction and should be finished before the end of the year.
If "right direction" does mean "in SN interest"... then, good news!

brusselsairlinesfan

DeltaWiskey wrote:
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:But anyway, let's think "no news, good news!"...
Like Airbuske said, negotiations are moving in the right direction, SN shareholders haven't backed away from LH and the SN management is confident that a good deal will be reached before the end of this year.

I do not expect to hear much before all parties have reached an agreement, the last time Carsten Spohr did some interviews in the Belgian press, it turned out to be a small catastrophe. Lesson learned.
Thanks for your explanation!

brusselsairlinesfan

What can we expect regarding brussels airlines in 2017, especially regarding the LH/Eurowings Group integration?

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

The largest headline will probably be the announcement of the long haul fleet renewal. It will be announced in the next few months (replacement aircraft have already been selected).

I wouldn't expect any big announcements about the integration in the EW/LH Group. The latest I heard was that EW and SN have a year to perform (so basically the whole year of 2017) and that further decisions will be taken on this performance. Iow, the big decisions will only be taken in 2018, not in 2017. Anyway, this is just the rumor mill talking, it can always turn out very different...

brusselsairlinesfan

Still... can't we start a "brussels airlines 2017" topic?

ostair

Post by ostair »

Perhaps the board of Brussels airlines should show the video of reizen Waes to their German bosses.
Brussels airlines is a trademark which in Africa means very good quality.
As shown in the video everything from Belgium is good merchandise:

https://www.een.be/reizen-waes

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Today, there will be the first SNAH board meeting as a full Lufthansa member, one of the topics is the financial result of 2016 and I heard the numbers will be black, despite a rough March/April :) The impact of the attacks were around 100 mio euro.
Other topics include A330 replacement, further integration in LH Group and some other business aspects.

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 07 Feb 2017, 08:50 Today, there will be the first SNAH board meeting as a full Lufthansa member, one of the topics is the financial result of 2016 and I heard the numbers will be black, despite a rough March/April :) The impact of the attacks were around 100 mio euro.
Other topics include A330 replacement, further integration in LH Group and some other business aspects.
Profit ? That would be a miracle! The 22/03 attacks must have costed a fortune !

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello! :)

Any news from this first board meeting (or decisions taken)?

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

Congratulations to the management and staff members of Brussels Airlines for the performance in 2016! The business plan of our company is definitively the good model for EW!

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

At the same time SN reported a 20 million operational profit, Eurowings announced a loss of €91 mio, with half of it being attributed to start-up (one time) costs. As far as I understood, SN is showing EW the way to go.

The best source about the financial impact of the attacks I could find is on http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/binnenland/1.2919808

Incurred costs of attacks: 105 million; covered by insurance as of today: 46 million (and still counting).