Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Atlantis »

convair wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 22:30
Atlantis wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 22:12
TimTam wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 22:01 Reopening the Satellite for aircraft and dis&embarking pax could be done in two ways imho. Either a minor renovation and dedicate it to low cost carriers ? Or a stylish renovation for full service airlines. Hey, Mr CEO ! Think of the return on investment from the rentals of the shops and food outlets in the corridor and the Satellite itself ;-)
LCC will not have their own pier.

The Satellite could be a perfect solution for the holiday flights. From them you have a lot and we have many different leisure companies flying on BRU.
This could free up space at the A pier which starts to be very crowded during the morning.

It could make sense bcs terminal 2, the smaller holiday terminal lays in the direction of the Satellite. On this way you partially split leisure pax from business pax. But I said partially.
Interesting suggestion; a travelator should be installed to reduce passengers' inconvenience though.
Could the security area be fitted within the basement of the Deloitte building?
I would do that even before, somewhere at the Sky hall. This is a huge space but for the security check you don't need that much space. For the Satellite are 3 lines more than enough.

I remember from the past that there was a long corridor with view over the tarmac and was connecting the previous very old C pier and the Satellite

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Polish24 wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 20:37 Hello, I would say that BRU is really ok at the moment with the existing infrastructure. Pier A and Connector are very good standard, Pier B is ok comparing to other european airports, what needs improvement in my eyes is the terminal building itself "vertrekhal" as its small and outdated. I understand from Atlantis post, that this investment will still go through and the terminal building will be expanded in the direction of the currecct drop off zone? Regarding the future it's a shame that (at the moment I understand) the piers will not be expanded as in the peak hours it is pretty busy indeed. IMHO such investments should be done before the airport will reach its full capacity but it looks like they want to wait until after 2030 to decide?
600 million euro is ready for the current investments. This money has to be taken/reserved before the end of this year.

I agree with you that the decision has to be taken years before. We know how long the bureaucracy is here.

More will be known when the plans of this Africa hub will be released. It will give an impression on the impact

longwings

Post by longwings »

Conti764 wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 22:05 In the meantime, limit LCC as much as possible. Respectfuly decline Transavia and reserve capacity for higher end airlines, contributing to the hub function of BRU.
You can't turn down an airline because it does not meet the airport's strategic goals. Any airline that is willing to pay the airport fees must be accepted (and no,you can't have a Transavia-only rate card).

oscartango

Post by oscartango »

Does anyone know what BRU plans with the unused parts of the Connector: the second floor above the shops (at the Kuifje/Tintin-rocket) and the whole part on the right before you enter the baggage claim (when arriving from A-pier)?

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Today disruptions & delays again due to a "technical issue" with the luggage sorting system within the airport :roll:

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Baggage handling (in all its aspects) remains a major weak point of BRU...

How many baggage system breakdowns we have a year? 2, 3, 4?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Boavida wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 12:21 Baggage handling (in all its aspects) remains a major weak point of BRU...

How many baggage system breakdowns we have a year? 2, 3, 4?
Issue is already solved