Boarding with Ryanair

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Boarding with Ryanair

Post by Conti764 »

In two weeks I will be flying Ryanair from Charleroi to Madrid (and back ofcourse ;) )

I know that with Ryanair you can't select your seats in advance like with a regular airline, but how does it work? I did not order priority check-in and the boarding passes only mention 'sequences'. I, and my two fellow travelers have 31-32-33 on the outgoing flight and 21-22-23 on the return flight.

What does this sequence mean? Is this the order in which passengers can board the plane or is it just 'get on the plane and fight for your seat?'

Thank you for the answers :)

airazurxtror

Re: Boarding with Ryanair

Post by airazurxtror »

It's just your position on the passengers list. There is no seat allocation on Ryanair flights.
If you don't have bought the priority boarding and wish to have the best choice of seats, you have to manage and stand not too far from the head of the "other Q", by being amongst the first to go at the gate.

skydreamer

Post by skydreamer »

hello,
the sequence number is the order in which passengers have check-in on line, you are the 31 checked-in for this flight.
just board in the plane and fight for you seat ;) .
if you stand in the line before the plane land from madrid ABOUT 30-45min before departure,
you will be in the first passengers to board after the priority passengers.
you will see passengers are already queueing when the aircraft is not yet a the gate.
hope that i answered at your questions.
Have a nice flight.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Pfffff i always board one of the last ones of the normal line and i almost always have my (spacious) emergency exit. Even when we're a party of three...

Cheers,

Stij

SpottairBRU

Post by SpottairBRU »

And if you haven't the luck of Stij, what I would suggest is boarding through the rear door (when possible), while the other passengers are struggling to enter via the front door. Always got my window seat and plenty of space in the bins for my carry-on :)
Fabien
Flown: AA5 / A300-310-318-319-320-321-330-340-380 / ATR42 / B717-737-747-757-777 / Bae146 / C130H / CRJ700-900 / Dash8-Q400 / E145-195 / Fokker 50 / HS748 / MD81 / RJ85-100 / Robin DR400

MIVB-reiziger

Post by MIVB-reiziger »

Don't know how it works in Madrid, but priority boarding in Charleroi works quite well. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll board the plane first, but you'll pass the boarding gate first and will be among the first people in the queue waiting for the aircraft to be released. Unless you're really slow, you'll be one of the first people arriving at the plane. In all their 737-800 there are 18 seats with extra legroom (the yellow and green ones on Seatguru, http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ryanai ... 37-800.php). Just keep in mind that you'll be one of the last passengers getting of the plane if you're talking the seats in the middle of the plane...

Stij

Post by Stij »

SpottairBRU wrote:And if you haven't the luck of Stij, what I would suggest is boarding through the rear door (when possible), while the other passengers are struggling to enter via the front door. Always got my window seat and plenty of space in the bins for my carry-on :)
Oh, but I take the rear door as well, if you try by the front door, it won't work!

Anyhow good luck! A few more advices from a guy with more then 70 FR flights on his name: Don't argue to much with the Carolo security staff, don't mind the cattle that tries to board before you, don't let you stress out by the steward that "asks" you to stow your luggage and get in your seat faster then light, bring earplugs for all the "cabin announcements" at 6:30 in the morning when you try to catch up some sleep about scratch cards, bus tickets, calenders and overpriced "bargain" drinks and food, don't worry to much about the landing gear after another Irish-smash-kiss-landing, listen to the cattle's applause after that "touch-down" and finally, enjoy the taratataaaaa punctual-arrival-music (even when they're 15 minutes late). Just go into Zen-mode and think about that nice Cava you'll drink a couple of hours later on a sunny terrace from the money you save by flying Ryanair. That's what keeps me sane. ;-)

Propwash

Post by Propwash »

Actually, it's quite simple ;)

1. Get in
2. Strap In
3. Don't Touch Anything and;
4. Shut the F*ck Up

:mrgreen:

SpottairBRU

Post by SpottairBRU »

Anyway, Conti, besides that, we wish you a very pleasant flight! ;)
Fabien
Flown: AA5 / A300-310-318-319-320-321-330-340-380 / ATR42 / B717-737-747-757-777 / Bae146 / C130H / CRJ700-900 / Dash8-Q400 / E145-195 / Fokker 50 / HS748 / MD81 / RJ85-100 / Robin DR400

regi

Post by regi »

Stij wrote:
SpottairBRU wrote:And if you haven't the luck of Stij, what I would suggest is boarding through the rear door (when possible), while the other passengers are struggling to enter via the front door. Always got my window seat and plenty of space in the bins for my carry-on :)
Oh, but I take the rear door as well, if you try by the front door, it won't work!

Anyhow good luck! A few more advices from a guy with more then 70 FR flights on his name: Don't argue to much with the Carolo security staff, don't mind the cattle that tries to board before you, don't let you stress out by the steward that "asks" you to stow your luggage and get in your seat faster then light, bring earplugs for all the "cabin announcements" at 6:30 in the morning when you try to catch up some sleep about scratch cards, bus tickets, calenders and overpriced "bargain" drinks and food, don't worry to much about the landing gear after another Irish-smash-kiss-landing, listen to the cattle's applause after that "touch-down" and finally, enjoy the taratataaaaa punctual-arrival-music (even when they're 15 minutes late). Just go into Zen-mode and think about that nice Cava you'll drink a couple of hours later on a sunny terrace from the money you save by flying Ryanair. That's what keeps me sane. ;-)
It is almost as I would have written it, including the ZEN attitude ( you stole this from me Stijn ! :) ) . Except of the 70 FR flights. Just 4 so far, and I would like to keep it that way after a terrible 4 hour delay :twisted:

Stij

Post by Stij »

regi wrote:It is almost as I would have written it, including the ZEN attitude ( you stole this from me Stijn ! :) ) . Except of the 70 FR flights. Just 4 so far, and I would like to keep it that way after a terrible 4 hour delay :twisted:
Well, the little buggers tend to fly where my business takes me a lot: Toscana, Lazio and Veneto and BruAir's notoriously good schedule to Firenze and Venice plus the very fluent Tangeziale around Rome, make that it's not just a money thing, but also a convenience... how funny that may seem...

Cheers,

Stij

earthman

Post by earthman »

Those are not the worst places for business to take you to..

Stij

Post by Stij »

earthman wrote:Those are not the worst places for business to take you to..
Well, I can't complain, but I only see industrial estates. I admit dinners are always fun!

Cheers,

Stij

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Thank you for all your replies :)

So the most important message: be on time at CRL and MAD ;)

I'll let you guys know how FR was for me.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

And don't forget the traffic jams in CRL until sep 20 !

ticketbuyer

Post by ticketbuyer »

Ryanair usually depart from a cattle shed on the edge of the terminal and use busses to get pax to the plane.
(I cant remember what happens at CRL and MAD).
Ride on the bus next to the door and sprint to the rear door of the plane.
Try to get in front of slow older pax and those with children.
Shout and swear if you want to
Just think how BOL would get on one of his planes

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Busses to get FR pax ? No you have to run ! Busses are to expensive !

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Very interesting to hear of you guys - who value yourselves too high to stoop so low as to fly with Ryanair.
For me, an humble fare-paying customer (as opposed to all those whose fare is paid for by somenone else), the two happiest days in my life, aviationwise, were : the day Ryanair came to CRL and - still more - the day Sabena collapsed.
Cheers.

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

airazurxtror wrote:the two happiest days in my life, aviationwise, were : the day Ryanair came to CRL and - still more - the day Sabena collapsed.
Cheers.
I can understand the first one, I've flown FR a few times and they are ok while some of their fares are unbeatable, so I chose them.
Now, the second one...I have a hard time trying to understand, esp. since we're all aviation enthousiasts...maybe you care to elaborate on that one?

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

airazurxtror wrote:Very interesting to hear of you guys - who value yourselves too high to stoop so low as to fly with Ryanair.
For me, an humble fare-paying customer (as opposed to all those whose fare is paid for by somenone else), the two happiest days in my life, aviationwise, were : the day Ryanair came to CRL and - still more - the day Sabena collapsed.
Cheers.
I have no intention to value myself !
I travel with my own money with FR, SN and many others !
It's an opportunity question ! FR for 1 or 2 destinations near my house and my holiday vacation. For the rest, no rule !
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 15 Aug 2010, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.