Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

CTBke

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke »

OO-ITR wrote:also just noticed that DWL is doing a flight 9901...destination unknown...

https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/oo-dwl
it's a ferry flight to PMO to replace the A319 (OO-SSA) which arrived in the morning and no return flight to be recorded on Flightradar..
Citybird
The flying dream

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

SFV is on route from Abu Dhabi to Brussels : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... v/#9baff54. I presume that the new livery is the classic SN livery?

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

I've heard that SFV will be just repainted, so no classic livery. And if they would do a retro livery, you could be sure that SN themselve would have said that there is coming a special livery...

convair

Post by convair »

Is SN opening a base in Ostrava? ;)

After SSJ and SSS, SSX (formely Frontier) arrived there on the 18 from TPA, all apparently to receive their SN paint.

(source: skyliner)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Brussels Airlines will start replacing the oldest A330s by the end of 2018.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Nice news... by A330Neo/older SQ A333? or something different ?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

avroflyer_1

Post by avroflyer_1 »

cathay belgium wrote:Hi,

Nice news... by A330Neo/older SQ A333? or something different ?

CXB
Everything is possible for the fleet renewal of the LH fleet, stay tuned! ;)

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Indeed, as soon as the remaining RJ fleet is rolled over in A32F (by the end of 2017), the replacement of our A330 fleet will start. Just as with the RJ to A32F upgrade, the opportunity will be used to redesign and expand our long haul network too. Expect another round of eyepopping expansion. ;)

Stij

Post by Stij »

Great to hear the confidence in the future is back / never left!

Cheers,

Stij

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Already now you can see the difference: flying on an RJ is getting increasingly rare these days.

About their plans for 2018 and further, tolipanebas: do we have to read that as 'bigger planes' or 'more planes'? Both would lead to the same outcome (i.e. expansion), so some more clarification by an insider would be appropriate.

I don't think the confidence ever left Stij, other than maybe here were a few outspoken people were clearly a bit too eager to finally be able to declare them dead. The fundamentals (both their own as well as external ones) haven't changed because of what happened end of March, something also evidenced by the continued optimism and accelerating growth of our wider national economy. Tourism is about the only sector suffering at the moment in Belgium and that will end too; it's just a matter of time.

I'm very curious as to what they will look like by 2020.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Inquirer wrote:Already now you can see the difference: flying on an RJ is getting increasingly rare these days.

About their plans for 2018 and further, tolipanebas: do we have to read that as 'bigger planes' or 'more planes'? Both would lead to the same outcome (i.e. expansion), so some more clarification by an insider would be appropriate.

I don't think the confidence ever left Stij, other than maybe here were a few outspoken people were clearly a bit too eager to finally be able to declare them dead. The fundamentals (both their own as well as external ones) haven't changed because of what happened end of March, something also evidenced by the continued optimism and accelerating growth of our wider national economy. Tourism is about the only sector suffering at the moment in Belgium and that will end too; it's just a matter of time.

I'm very curious as to what they will look like by 2020.
A350 would be nice for long haul :D

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Inquirer wrote:Already now you can see the difference: flying on an RJ is getting increasingly rare these days.
Just want till autumn next year: all will be gone then and replaced by more than 30 BRU-based A32F.
Inquirer wrote:About their plans for 2018 and further, tolipanebas: do we have to read that as 'bigger planes' or 'more planes'? Both would lead to the same outcome (i.e. expansion), so some more clarification by an insider would be appropriate.
Read it as "more capable" planes, because we want to fly significantly more longhaul passengers to an increasing number of AFI, NA and 'other' destinations and for that we not only need more planes, we need more available seats, more cargo capability and a lot more range: the current 10 A330s won't suffice as India shoudn't become our farthest market forever. ;)
Inquirer wrote:I'm very curious as to what they will look like by 2020.
More than twice as big as in 2013, when some Irish bigmouth came over to announce we'd only shrink from then on. :lol:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

tolipanebas wrote:
More than twice as big as in 2013, when some Irish bigmouth came over to announce we'd only shrink from then on. :lol:
And you're not? :D lmfao

I wish everyone the best with this bold expansion (and hope fuel prices stay low for a long time)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

tolipanebas wrote:
Just want till autumn next year: all will be gone then and replaced by more than 30 BRU-based A32F.
Inquirer wrote:About their plans for 2018 and further, tolipanebas: do we have to read that as 'bigger planes' or 'more planes'? Both would lead to the same outcome (i.e. expansion), so some more clarification by an insider would be appropriate.
Read it as "more capable" planes, because we want to fly significantly more longhaul passengers to an increasing number of AFI, NA and 'other' destinations and for that we not only need more planes, we need more available seats, more cargo capability and a lot more range: the current 10 A330s won't suffice as India shoudn't become our farthest market forever. ;)
haha amazing how you get some on here all worked up with your posts...love it.
Curious about the fleet expansion plan. Maybe something will be announced around September... 8-)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Far from all worked up ;) I actually have respect for fellow aircrew regardless which company they work for. I also know that doesnt apply for SN ;)

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

The game, not the man, gentlemen...
Thomas

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

I thought O'leary said that brussels airlines had to stay competitive:
http://www.rtl.be/belrtl/video/542812.aspx

Which Brussels airlines clearly did. They changed from "the extra service" to "the extra smile".
Went for a harmonised fleet, installed more seats in the same aircraft (from 168 to 180) so they now offer the same legroom. Gave the option of cabin bag only. And i think Bruair management realised that belgians (well not even targeted at belgians with a single city as your name) just care about cost and that they are not brandloyal at all.
And Installed a low-fare calender.
Went from a lowest fare of 99 euro (before competition) to a lowest fare of 69 euro.

This competition of mister Bigmouth as you call him has pushed Brussels airlines to change strategy and become a hybrid airline which has resulted in extremely positive results. (So good job for realising this and making all this changes employees of Brussels airlines.)

PS: Personally very excited about this new expansion plan !
Last edited by Shengenzone on 26 May 2016, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:I actually have respect for fellow aircrew regardless which company they work for.
oh so you mean that all your sarcastic comments about SN are meant in a good way? I'm impressed ;)

Anyway let's discuss the important news here. Replacement of the long haul fleet.

The 330 will still be part of the future LH group fleet
http://centreforaviation.com/images/sto ... _fleet.png

But since this is the smallest widebody aircraft (used for thinner routes) and tolipanebas suggested SN will need larger aircraft, does it mean they will operate another type (A350?) or a mixed widebody fleet(A330/A350).
A330 used for thinner (african) routes and A350 for bigger routes?

What is the commonality between A330 and A350? any experts?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
sean1982 wrote:I actually have respect for fellow aircrew regardless which company they work for.
oh so you mean that all your sarcastic comments about SN are meant in a good way? I'm impressed
Because I dont jump up and down Verhofstadt style every time that a press conference is being held by SN doesnt mean I dont have respect for it or its crew. My sarcastic comments are geared towards SOME members of this forum more then anything else

330/350 have a common type rating btw, your welcome :)
Last edited by sean1982 on 27 May 2016, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Yuqu12 wrote:
A350 would be nice for long haul :D

I'm dreaming of a press release saying SN is getting 15 shiny factory new A350s... 8-)