Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote:
Avroflyer wrote:Don't know where exactly to post it but SN has just announced a next logo jet on their fb page: OO-SNH will become a Magritte logo jet !
Including the famous "Sky bird" on the tail I hope!
The Sky Bird is property of Sabena. Not sure Brussels Airlines is allowed to use it (although personally I use it as avatar! ;) )
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

sn26567 wrote:
convair wrote:
Avroflyer wrote:Don't know where exactly to post it but SN has just announced a next logo jet on their fb page: OO-SNH will become a Magritte logo jet !
Including the famous "Sky bird" on the tail I hope!
The Sky Bird is property of Sabena. Not sure Brussels Airlines is allowed to use it (although personally I use it as avatar! ;) )
the preview on the fb page did show the Sky Bird painted on the rear section of the plane so I guess they are allowed to use it.
image.png

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

The part of this Magritte livery looks really nice! :) 8-)

Any plans for a Atomium livery or a kind of Brussels scenery (like Air Malta did for Valletta)? ;)

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

That looks really nice!
Is this how it will look in real, or just an example?
Also, is there something special going on with Magritte this year for this to happen?
That Belgian icons marketing concept of theirs sure gives us some nice lovelies to look forward too.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote: The Sky Bird is property of Sabena. Not sure Brussels Airlines is allowed to use it (although personally I use it as avatar! ;) )
I'm sure there are ways for SN to be able to use it. If you can arrange something with Moulinsart for TinTin, you can also do it for others :P
But is the Sky Bird still property of Sabena? As far as I know their complete art collection has been sold (of which the Sky Bird for several millions). Or do they still have some kind of 'special right' to use it?

brabel

Post by brabel »

I think a Smurfs plane would be nice...
Known worldwide, playful, cute, ...
Maybe it can be a next livery?

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Very good idea

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

RoMax wrote:
sn26567 wrote: The Sky Bird is property of Sabena. Not sure Brussels Airlines is allowed to use it (although personally I use it as avatar! ;) )
I'm sure there are ways for SN to be able to use it. If you can arrange something with Moulinsart for TinTin, you can also do it for others :P
But is the Sky Bird still property of Sabena? As far as I know their complete art collection has been sold (of which the Sky Bird for several millions). Or do they still have some kind of 'special right' to use it?
You are right: L'Oiseau du Ciel has been sold in 2003 for 3.4 million euros. I don't know whether Sabena has kept some rights on the utilisation of its reproduction.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Maybe this is a teaser/hint towards the future name change to Sabena! *dream* ;)

Freken

Post by Freken »

Boavida wrote:Maybe this is a teaser/hint towards the future name change to Sabena! *dream* ;)
EuroWings/BrusselsWings seems to be more likely these days, but let's hope it won't come that far. :roll:

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

sn26567 wrote: You are right: L'Oiseau du Ciel has been sold in 2003 for 3.4 million euros. I don't know whether Sabena has kept some rights on the utilisation of its reproduction.
If it was part of the Sabena brand then SN Airholding NV already owns the rights (as owner of the Sabena brand), if not they just need to obtain the rights from the René Magritte foundation who ownes all rights.

I guess the Sky bird rights were not part of the Sabena brand and thus were obtained from the René Magritte foundation, virtually the same deal as with Moulinsart and Tintin.

I'm wondering if it's just the Sky Bird which will be used or that other images will be featured on the fuselage. I guess there will be other images also. If not and the Sky Bird is the sole image then it's a small step to make the jump toward Sabena in the future but I doubt it ;)

EDIT: It seems that l'Oiseau du Ciel was commissioned by Sabena in 1965 and thus was part of the Sabena brand, since SN Airholding is owner of the Sabena brand it seems they can use it as they see fit.
Last edited by Bralo20 on 09 Feb 2016, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Boavida wrote:Maybe this is a teaser/hint towards the future name change to Sabena! *dream* ;)
Unfortunately dreams rarely come true :evil: :mrgreen:

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Bralo20 wrote:
Unfortunately dreams rarely come true :evil: :mrgreen:
Fortunately in that case

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

crew1990 wrote: Fortunately in that case
No, not really, I think it would be cool to see the Sabena brand in the sky again. :mrgreen:

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Let me give you my recent experience as a Passenger.

I recently made a trip to Colombia and Mexico.

Had the chance to fly:
TAP Old A330 rating 2/5

AVIANCA : Brand new A320's : rating 5/5 the plane for SN to expand: comfortable, plenty of space

SATENA : ATR 72 : also brand new: extremely silent propellers, also the smell of a new plane, plenty of space: the plane for SN for short distances (AMS LUX DUS BREMEN EDH ..) 5/5 rating

COPA AIRLINES BOG to CUN : EMBRAER 190 another top plane :space, quite, silent,.. great for TLS NTS British destinations 5/5

Finally: Dreamliner JAF from CUN to BRU : the TOP. even in charter execution and with the not extremely friendly crew, this flight was excellent (and fast with the rear wind) rating 10/5
lot of French & Dutch PAX on board. Fantastic plane to fly to USA, CDN and Caribean. (why would SN not fly MEX, HAVANA..) Colombia is also a booming country. Maybe the best place in Latin Am.

Let us hope (dream ??) our SN will make good choices.
And think about the PAX, the customers.

teach

Post by teach »

JOVAN wrote: Had the chance to fly:
TAP Old A330 rating 2/5
Why?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

JOVAN wrote:Finally: Dreamliner JAF from CUN to BRU : the TOP. even in charter execution and with the not extremely friendly crew, this flight was excellent (and fast with the rear wind) rating 10/5
lot of French & Dutch PAX on board. Fantastic plane to fly to USA, CDN and Caribean. (why would SN not fly MEX, HAVANA..)
If you were in Comfort Class, it might indeed have been top, but a 3-3-3 configuration in economy is certainly not TOP!
André
ex Sabena #26567

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

teach wrote:
JOVAN wrote: Had the chance to fly:
TAP Old A330 rating 2/5
Why?

Old , used seats.
Cannot be reclined far enough.
Plane probably over 20 years old. It showed its age.

Inflight entertainment system obsolete.

You know, people like new planes. TAP is a bit like SN, not a top airline . It seems their new owners will invest in new fleet, mainly Airbusses.
Let us hope the same for SN.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

sn26567 wrote:
JOVAN wrote:Finally: Dreamliner JAF from CUN to BRU : the TOP. even in charter execution and with the not extremely friendly crew, this flight was excellent (and fast with the rear wind) rating 10/5
lot of French & Dutch PAX on board. Fantastic plane to fly to USA, CDN and Caribean. (why would SN not fly MEX, HAVANA..)
If you were in Comfort Class, it might indeed have been top, but a 3-3-3 configuration in economy is certainly not TOP!
No, I was in Economy.
3-3-3 was quite OK.
Easy seats.
enough leg room, really.

Very soft take off and landing (despite the heavy winds in BRU).
Silent plane.

RTM

Post by RTM »

Sorry, but state and layout of a cabin, and the quality of the IFE have nothing to do with the age of the aircraft...