A300 "Zero G"

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Avro

A300 "Zero G"

Post by Avro »

The Airbus A300 "Zero G" F-BUAD used for parabolic flights will land at EBBR on the 22.07.2003 at approximately 13h. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it great to be able to spot such a nice plane???

Greetz
Chris :jumpy:

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

why will it come? Still, their's a long time to go to 22 july.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well, every year the ESA organizes a parabolic flight campaign for university students coming from all over europe. The diffrent teams (4 students) try to perform scientific experiences in micro gravity (like if they were in space).
But in addition to this event, the belgian government wants to increase the number of scientist in our country. Therefore, during this years campaign, they are giving, several belgian students (16-18 yaers old), the opportunity to perform such a parabolic flight. Now, because of this, the A300 will land at BRU to make an even greater advertising campaign for science in Belgium.

I hope this answers your question.

I'll give you more infomations about the slots as soon as I'll get them. :wink:

Greetz
Chris
:drink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

It is now confirmed that the A300 Zero-G will land at BRU on tuseday the 22d of july between 13:00 - 14:00. But be aware the flight could have some delay.

My guess is that it'll land on 25R (if 25R/L are in use) because I suppose the aircraft will park at Abelag or on the military apron. It would be great if any body can confirm or complete the info.

Greetz
Chris
:wink:

Glider

Post by Glider »

And this is just the day that I'm not working that specific week... :( :cry:

No, I cannot come and spot it, have to stay home... It's my mother's birthday... :x

But when will it leave? The 23th, I start working at 5AM, so maybe I'll see it then :?:

Avro

Post by Avro »

But when will it leave? The 23th, I start working at 5AM, so maybe I'll see it then
Well, I have good news for you Glider. The A300 Zero-G will leave the 23th. I don't know the exact departure time yet but I suppose it'll leave at approximately 10:00.

Greetz
Chris

Glider

Post by Glider »

Allright! Thx Avro for the info!
Where will it be parked during it's visit?

Avro

Post by Avro »

Where will it be parked during it's visit?
I don't know that :cry: , but maybe one of you guys could know it. It's a special flight and some politics will be there. I guess it'll park on Abelag or at Melsbroek or maybe (but I don't really think so) near Sabena technics.

Greetz
Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

The aircraft lands in BRU tomorrow at approximately 13:00, as I said a few weeks ago.
Maybe one of you guys could find the real arrival time tomorrow morning on biacs system. That would be great.

Ciao
Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

Man what a day :!:

This morning I got an SMS saying that the pilot thinks he would land on 25L. So in place of going to 25R I went to 25L. In the meantime my camera had a problem and wasn't working, so I had to take an old digital camera with only 600.000 pixels :cry:.
Well, finally I arrived at 25L and then at 13:30 I had to whitness how the A300 made a beautiful turn to land on 25R :evil: :evil:.
Well, after that I went to the military apron, where there was a press conferance with Dirk Frimout and Frank de Winne. I was alowed to take part of that because my brother was on that flight. :lol:
After the conferance we went on the tarmac to have a look inside the aircraft :lol: :lol:
I made some pictures of it. I'll sent them to Bart, so that he can put them on the website.

For those who want to see him take off, it'll be at 10:00 tomorrow morning. The aircraft is now standing on the military apron.

Tonight there will be many reports of it on all TV stations, so don't forget to watch it :)

Greetz
Chris

P.S. I would like to thank the friendly pilot and especially my brother, because without him this wouldn't have been possible. :wink:

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

I had to be in Leuven this afternoon for a meeting and on my way back to the Kempen decided to take the Kortenberg-route.

After some minutes of "spotting" at 25 L (I never knew that a Fokker 50 could make so much noise by the way !!!), I hit the road again in order to join the highway at Melsbroek.

While passing at the military apron I noticed the A300 Zero G .... What a spectacular plane !!!!!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

check the VRT news at 19.00! It will be on television! Tell me how it was because I will be at the 'Gentse Feesten' drinking mojito's!! Cheers!

Avro

Post by Avro »

I've seen it on television and I was able to see my brother far in the background :lol:

But I'am a bit dissapointed. They are always taking about the schools who participated for fun at the experiment. They never say anything about the university students that came from all of europe to do real scientific research (like the belgian group with my brother) :evil:
Greetz
Chris
Last edited by Avro on 23 Jul 2003, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Ok I've sent the pics to Bart, so they will soon be online.
luchtzak wrote:I will be at the 'Gentse Feesten' drinking mojito's!! Cheers!
Cheers Bart :drink: , but don't drink to much :wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I've seen the RTBF report. Quite good: they had a camera crew on board and they've shown some of the experiments. Very interesting!

Also some interviews with the Belgian students who made the trip from Bordeaux to BRU. They were 31 times in zero gravity.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Today the A300 had some techincal problems, that's why it only left at 14:00 and not at 10:00. Does someone know what the technical problem was :?:

Greetz
Chris[/url]

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:Does someone know what the technical problem was :?:
Zero gravity :?: :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

SAB-OM

Post by SAB-OM »

Voor diegene die het helaas gemist hebben (we stonden met 4 spotters aan de 25R ..)

For people who missed it..... (only 4 spotters at 25R)
everybody else was waiting at 25L apparently

Filip
Last edited by SAB-OM on 24 Apr 2004, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Zero gravity :?: :wink:
That would be cool. No the I've just received the information. The aircraft had a problem with one of its radios and one of the blackboxes also had a problem.
SAB-OM wrote:Voor diegene die het helaas gemist hebben (we stonden met 4 spotters aan de 25R ..)
Nice pic Filip. Thanks a lot :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Nice picture Filip, too bad the luchtzak.be-webspace is full and my provider isn't there to add an extra 10 mbs of webspace :( Because I have some very nice pictures of the Zero-G waiting.

ciao,

Bart
:rock: