Where to buy a 2" adaptor

Planespotting in the upper atmosphere! All pictures, reports or whatever question about upper level traffic come here

Moderator: Plane spotting team

fanie747

Where to buy a 2" adaptor

Post by fanie747 »

Hi all, i need a bit of help here, does anyone have links to sites where i can buy a 2" adaptor, it should be a site that ship overseas as im in South Africa. I already have the scope and T-ring but after about 5 months now waiting for a local shop to get me the adaptor i have decided to rather buy one online. Another thing im using a Canon dslr, will any adaptor fit onto the ring that i already have or do i need to order a new one with the adaptor?

cheers
Fanie

contrailwatcherUK

Re: Where to buy a 2" adaptor

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

Hey there, Is this what you're looking for? http://www.pulsar-optical.co.uk/prod/as ... aptor.html

You could send them an email and they will tell you if they can post to South Africa.

Hope this helps,
ContrailwatcherUK

fanie747

Post by fanie747 »

Hi, yes i think that is the one im looking for. I did mail them but still havent got a reply. I search a bit on the web and found this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 ... l#features

Is this the right one also, or does that "prime focus" part means something?

cheers

contrailwatcherUK

Yeah you could use this, but bear in mind it will probably need to be low profile, i.e to make the camera as close to the mirror as possible. otherwise you won't be able to reach the focus. It depends what size scope you have, a large scope such as 10" or 12" dobsonian will probably need a low profile focuser like in the product I suggested. If you have a smaller scope you can get away with the larger t-adapter.

fanie747

Post by fanie747 »

I have a 10" dobsonian. Question, what does the low profile means?

contrailwatcherUK

Yeah if you have a 10" then I would buy the product I Suggested. Low profile is a shorter tube, which allows the camera to get closer to the mirrors.