plane trajectory(s)

Planespotting in the upper atmosphere! All pictures, reports or whatever question about upper level traffic come here

Moderator: Plane spotting team

dreten

plane trajectory(s)

Post by dreten »

Hello folks
Each day the Emirates EK002 flies slantingly above our house. If the sky is clear, I often photograph its passage. I know also Singapore and the Quantas have regular flights on LHR. The scheduled times I know already, but is there someone who can help me with flight plans of these flights so that I can look at if they come also in our surroundings?
Thanks in advance

Skystef

Re: plane trajectory(s)

Post by Skystef »

Hi D,

Best is just have a look on the live mode of Heathrow arrivals or departures via this link
Alternatively you might also check this link and do a search via the flightnumber. The view delay is 5 minutes.

dreten

Post by dreten »

Skystef wrote:Hi D,

Best is just have a look on the live mode of Heathrow arrivals or departures via this link
Alternatively you might also check this link and do a search via the flightnumber. The view delay is 5 minutes.
I wil give it a try

if others have alternative info, don't be affraid :P
Someone who knows if the "Singapore Airlines" and the "Quantas" allso passing above Belgium (coast region) on their way from/to their destination

Thanks ;)

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

dreten wrote:Someone who knows if the "Singapore Airlines" and the "Quantas" allso passing above Belgium (coast region) on their way from/to their destinationThanks ;)
Often A380's of EK, SQ & QF pass Belgium on their eastbound track (from LHR) on UL607 via Koksijde. Near Brussels, I saw them more than a dozen times by now. Sometimes EK passes Belgium westbound (to LHR or JFK) via UL608, but this is never the case with SQ & QF as these follow a more northern track via Amsterdam.

If you ever need a regi of an overflyer, I can sort them out, just gimme a mail via my web.

dreten

Post by dreten »

Someone who can help me to find on the internet flight-routemaps and their codenaming.
So that I kan find out where to search planes on their way on "UL 607", "UL608" and so on...

Thanks

Benighted

Post by Benighted »

Think on the forum you can find an European picture of the airroutes. Have been looking for it, but haven't found it yet.

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

dreten wrote:Someone who can help me to find on the internet flight-routemaps and their codenaming.
So that I kan find out where to search planes on their way on "UL 607", "UL608" and so on...
To be found on my web ;) .

CG117

Post by CG117 »

hello
My house is in the city of "De Panne (B)near Koksijde VOR-",just under the UL607
Sunday i have see around 14h with a clear sky this "Singapour A380" climbing from LHR at FL 240----320
The informations to be on time in my garden was first , coming from the Heathrow web page;Flight number,schedule and live flight tracking( passenger call,taxi, in flight ...)
But the best is the ATC BOX : a Nederlands site ;the radar of the flight over europe and specialy our belgium/nederland sky with all info;flight number/company/speed/FL etc..
you have no direct acces to the radar ,is just diffrent live screen of the computer of the webmaster
It'i also possible to listening the ATC (Schipol - eurocontrol-etc..)
It's really amazing to see with detail what is now flying over my house

(i am a french speaking ,sorry for my bad english writing)

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

To be found on my web ;) .
big thanks! very interesting

dreten

Post by dreten »

many thanks to everyone.
"with a little help from (my) friends"...you can make a lot of progress ;)
thanks once again!

dreten

Post by dreten »

CG117 wrote:hello
My house is in the city of "De Panne (B)near Koksijde VOR-",just under the UL607
Sunday i have see around 14h with a clear sky this "Singapour A380" climbing from LHR at FL 240----320
The informations to be on time in my garden was first , coming from the Heathrow web page;Flight number,schedule and live flight tracking( passenger call,taxi, in flight ...)
But the best is the ATC BOX : a Nederlands site ;the radar of the flight over europe and specialy our belgium/nederland sky with all info;flight number/company/speed/FL etc..
you have no direct acces to the radar ,is just diffrent live screen of the computer of the webmaster
It'i also possible to listening the ATC (Schipol - eurocontrol-etc..)
It's really amazing to see with detail what is now flying over my house

(i am a french speaking ,sorry for my bad english writing)

I have found the ATC-BOX site you speaking of, but I cannot figure out exactly what you mean wit the "live radar"
So, could you please post the exact links to these interesting things ;)

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

@ dreten
http://www.atcbox.com/modules.php?name=html-radar-en

here you can download a little program to watch the radar screens and listen to ATC...but first you have to become a 'goldmember', otherwise you won't have access. To gain goldmember status, one has to donate at least 10€.

fly up!

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

i think it's something similar like this
http://www.heathrowcam.net/liveradar.html -> airspace above England.
though this has only 1 screen, refreshed every 30 seconds.
I reckon ATCbox has more features and the ability to browse between screens (not sure, haven't tried it yet)

Nice extra: pictures of planes on final for 27R/L http://www.heathrowcam.net/ :)

dreten

Post by dreten »

Someone interested in this (For those who did not know it yet ;) ):
http://radar.vlieghinder.nl/
With this link, you automaticly install a plugin in Google-Earth.
You simply follow the instructions and within a few minuts you can see the approaches and leavings of Schiphol.
The only thing needed is a recent version of Google-Earth.
here you can see a screenshot of the plugin
http://www.pictureparking.com/pic.php?mode=O&pid=92915

enjoy