NH soon to be seen at Brussels ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

itami

NH soon to be seen at Brussels ?

Post by itami »

In the topic Nippon Cargo Airlines invests in Cargo B
NCB wrote:On the the pax side I see NH and SN working together through STAR and NH sending a daily 777 to BRU very soon.
I really don't see that happen. NH already operates direct flights to FRA + LHR + CDG and several codeshares with other European carriers. Belgium might only be able to restore its former direct air link with Japan by SN flying on own metal (in codeshare with NH).
In my opinion within Oneworld there would have been a bigger chance to see JL dropping AMS in favour of BRU.

Conti764

Re: NH soon to be seen at Brussels ?

Post by Conti764 »

I agree with you. Maybe we'll see a 'power carrier' like SQ returning to BRU (also for their connections to Oceania) and maybe TG and a Chinese carrier (HU? - Although not in *A) and further on SN on own equipment to Tokyo and/or Hong Kong. But that will probably it for Asia.

I see the biggest increase in BRU coming from the T-A market.

NCB

Post by NCB »

I diagree.
NH wants more destinations and BRU gives it the Benelux market and SN feeding to Europe. NH is paying car companies in Belgium to "feed" people from Benelux to CDG.

Don't expect a daily B773ER from the beginning but when NH gets some B787's they will use their spare B763ER's wisely to open more routes in Europe. And we will surely see at least 3x weekly service to BRU.

Timeframe?
I'd aim for 2010-2011, when HND opens to the world.

SQ is also a fair card to play, we will probably see them at BRU very soon.

itami

Post by itami »

NCB wrote:Timeframe? I'd aim for 2010-2011, when HND opens to the world.
So still very conditional and far from 'very soon'. Anyway let's keep fingers crossed. ;)

NCB

Post by NCB »

Well yes, it's nothing but speculation but the likeliness is very high once SN joins STAR.
NH needs to work with an airline that has feeding capabilities.

Time will tell ;-)