BRU - > ROME FCO; ROME-FCO -> BRU

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
EBOS87

BRU - > ROME FCO; ROME-FCO -> BRU

Post by EBOS87 »

On 29/12/2003, I made a special trip with SN Brussels airlines to Rome. The flight wasn't expensive because it was a best buy offer. The flight codes were SN3177 and SN3182.

I arrived by train at Brussels National around 7 o'clock, check-in was very fast and I asked window seats. Then I went to the self-service and while I was eating, I saw the wonderful OO-SFN and OO-SFO being prepared for another flight to Africa.

GOING:

I had to walk a bit to reach my gate A54. I was very happy to see that the flight would be operated by the A319 (OO-SSK). Boarding was on-time. While going on board, you could take some newspapers and the connect-magazine. I took connect and the only dutch newspaper 'Het Laatste nieuws' :roll: I had a nice window seat: 16F with a good view. The leather seats were very comfortable and the leg space was huge :) . The loadfactor in the economy class was 80%. Pushback was a bit too late, but in the meantime the captain gave us some information about our flight. Take off was around 9:49 (planned: 9:35). We climbed slowly to a height of 39000 feet.
The crew gave us a good orange juice when we were at cruise level. Afterwards a sandwich (gouda) and a drink. You could also get tea or coffee. The crew was very professional and friendly. I was really surprised about the great service and comfort of SNBA. The plane began already half an hour before landing with its descent to Rome FCO. Before landing we had a lot of turbelence because the weather was very bad in Rome. We parked at gate B01 at 11:40, so the plane was exactly on-time.

The airport of Rome FCO is good, but not very modern (except the monorail). I had to stay there till 18:30.

RETURN:

I was quite disappointed to see an avro RJ100 (OO-DWH) ariving at gate B01 because an A319 was planned. OO-DWH arrived half an hour too late, but boarding was very fast. This time I had a bad seat: 7A. It should be a window seat, but there was just a 'half-window' and the overhead bin was too small for my bag. Altough my leather seat was very comfortable and clean. The load factor in economy was 100% :D :D :D . The flight left Rome at 19:17 (40 minutes too late due a lack of staff at the airport of Rome). Again the crew was very kind and we got the same good economy class service: orange juice, sandwich, drinks, tea/coffee, cake and chocolates. We arrived 20 minutes too late in Brussels.

SN Brussels Airlines is really a good company and I hope they will survive. Their staff, service and aircrafts are super!!!! :o I am going to fly them certainly again. Just one tip: give better newspapers like 'De standaard', 'de Tijd' or 'De Morgen'.
Pictures will come later, but the pictures of the meals are bad ... :roll:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this very nice report and again postive feedback on SNBA.
I was quite disappointed to see an avro RJ100 (OO-DWH) ariving at gate B01 because an A319 was planned.
Don't you like the Avro ;)

Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

Again somebody confirm me why I should fly LCC's.
In europe I always have a on time departure and always an early arrival, that's what I prefer instead of a free sandwich and a glas of orange juice.

ps. Leather seats is defenitly a plus for an airline, comfortable, always clean and decent!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

EBOS87

Avro

Post by EBOS87 »

I prefer the A319, but the RJ100 is also a good and silent plane with comfortable leather seats.

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Very nice trip report!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Nice report EBOS87 :!:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

A318, on-time departures are not difficult when you leave from a typical Ryanair - patattenveld somewhere in the middle of nowhere ;)

SN Brussels has a punctuality of more than 90%, can't be much better!

Great trip report. Although the sandwich is a bit 'inferior' to what AZ served me one and a half year ago (a full cold plate inclusive ice cream).

Was there a drink service too about 45 minuts before landing? On a 2h flight, this would be welcome... (no, I'm not being critical towards SN, but those small things make the difference with the concurrence!)

Regards
Frederic
Last edited by Sabena_690 on 30 Dec 2003, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Excellent report, EBOS87. You were lucky to have a newspaper in economy: usually they are reserved for C class, unless you gently ask the f/a ;-). Usually there is also a choice of newspapers: I always had the one I wanted in the Belgian press.
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Great report :lol:

BeN :idea:

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:A318, on-time departures are not difficult when you leave from a typical Ryanair - patattenveld somewhere in the middle of nowhere ;)

SN Brussels has a punctuality of more than 90%, can't be much better!

Great trip report. Although the sandwich is a bit 'inferior' to what AZ served me one and a half year ago (a full cold plate inclusive ice cream).

Was there a drink service to about 45 minuts before landing?

Regards
Frederic
For your information, Ciampino is closer to the city center (30 minutes) then FCO (45 minutes). :mrgreen:

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Of course, there are exceptions everywhere ;)

Frederic

Comet

Post by Comet »

Good report. I am always interested to hear about SNBA as I have my first flights with them in March. Of course, like Sabena, I expect their service is the best you can get, and the in flight sandwiches sound nice.

I get four flights with SN this year, as well as two in March I also have two in September. The first trip is to buy some Sloeber and the second trip is my ten day holiday!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:The first trip is to buy some Sloeber!
If we hear you well, you would change our good old Sobelair into Sloeberair ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A318 wrote:For your information, Ciampino is closer to the city center (30 minutes) then FCO (45 minutes).
A distance is not expressed in minutes, but in km. CIA is at 15 km and FCO at 36 km (source OAG).
André
ex Sabena #26567

JetB

Post by JetB »

A318 It seems to me that you would be happy to travel in a overhead bin if it was for free, and it still would be such a great and comfortable experience.....

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

LOL André and BobClaes! :mrgreen:

Frederic

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:The first trip is to buy some Sloeber!
If we hear you well, you would change our good old Sobelair into Sloeberair ;-)
Yes - with a nice photo of a glass of Sloeber on the tail fin!! :lol:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

BobClaes wrote:A318 It seems to me that you would be happy to travel in a overhead bin if it was for free, and it still would be such a great and comfortable experience.....
LOL :D

Your "debate" reminds me of an excellent commercial a saw at the London BFia IMax Cinema in 2001 :wink:

It was for a discount ticket agency and the film featured people trying to travel at the lowest cost... a pax was indeed travelling in the overhead bin, another labelled as a suitcase and a third was helping the ground staff to load the luggage.

Does anyone remember the name of the company?

BeN :idea:

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:LOL André and BobClaes! :mrgreen:

Frederic
Now you see the difference between realistic people and the ones that can only complain or make jokes from realistic people.
That's aviation, competition...........and that for administrators of a aviation forum!

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

JetB

Post by JetB »

Yes, I am realistic and like to joke, but flying for 1.45 to London is not....... but that is what I am paying... You have nothing bad to say about Ryanair your not even objective so how realistic is that. I suggest put the pom poms down and stop being a cheer leader and be a real person with real suggestions... oya and by the way...HAPPY NEW YEAR