Article: Action group Air Libre to the court

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

snowbird

Article: Action group Air Libre to the court

Post by snowbird »

Herewith an article in Dutch that Air Libre (action group) demands that the government must pay penalties due to the fact there was too much noise produced the last few days.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=20305

BRUSSEL - De Belgische milieugroepering Air Libre, die strijdt tegen de geluidsoverlast van de Brusselse luchthaven Zaventem, overweegt beslag te laten leggen op enkele eigendommen van de Belgische staat. Rond de luchthaven zijn afgelopen week diverse overschrijdingen van de geluidsnorm rond de luchthaven gemeten, waardoor de Belgische staat volgens een gerechtelijk bevel een dwangsom moet betalen.

Air Libre heeft minister Landuyt van Verkeer gevraagd de dwangsommen te betalen, maar hij heeft daar nog niet op gereageerd. De milieugroepering overweegt nu beslag te laten leggen op staatsgoederen zolang er niet wordt betaald.

SN30952

Bruegel?

Post by SN30952 »

Air Libre wants to impound Bruegel's "De val van Icarus" goto inventary number 4030.
or click here
And why not the "Dulle Griet"?

Have they been inspired by the Brussels European and Global Economic Laboratory (BRUEGEL)?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

What would they do with the money if the government would pay the penalties :?: Going on holiday :?:
Best regards,

Airbuske

carlcat

Post by carlcat »

Lucky Air Libre didn't register my last fart , otherwise they could confiscate whole Belgium . And we dont talk about the smell .

level-d-flyboy

Post by level-d-flyboy »

Hasn't someone thought about starting a protest group against Air Libre? :D

Most of them are people that came living there because the terrain was cheap to buy and thought that the sound woudn't be so bad. But suddenly they think: " We live here cheap but the reason why its so cheap is not fun for us, lets start a protes group :roll:

They should better get rid of the " spreidingsplan" so that only one group of people have trouble of the noise instead of the entire region around brussel.
And somebody should tell those people that of they wnat to buy cheap terrain they should live wit the noise :evil:

Sorry for the agression but I cant stand those people :evil:

peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

airbuske wrote:What would they do with the money if the government would pay the penalties :?: Going on holiday :?:
maybe move away from the airport :lol: stupid people, always the same, night noise yea right, maybe you should start to look around if you buy/built a house somewhere :roll: couldn't say it better as the one above me

carlcat

Post by carlcat »

I'm interested to learn the dificulties and dangers pilots encounter when they cannot take off onto the most convenient direction for them . Sofar as I guess Air Libre does obstruct in some cases the correct execution of the jobs of the pilots .

To me safety first and including Pilots can take off on the best direction to their altitude .

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

I'm interested to learn the dificulties and dangers pilots encounter when they cannot take off onto the most convenient direction for them .
https://www.aviation24.be/article14221.html
spotting-at-stn-lhr-und-lcy-t21540,high ... unway.html

A prime example of what can happen if you don't land in the "best" wind direction.

Greets,

Pieter

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

level-d-flyboy wrote:Most of them are people that came living there because the terrain was cheap to buy and thought that the sound woudn't be so bad.
Not so! Most of these people bought expensive houses in a green neighbourhood before 1999, when Onze Bert (Anciaux) wanted to move the air traffic away from his own house in Neder-over-Heembeek through his infamous dispersion plan. I have been myself looking for a house in St-Stevens-Woluwe at that time, and I can assure you it was not cheap!

These people have all rights to complain, IMHO. It is the whole dispersion plan which is stupid.
André
ex Sabena #26567

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Indeed: Air Libre just wants that the law is respected. The cause of today's problems is not only Anciaux' dispertion plan, but also the absence of any political skills from minister Landuyt. If the demissioning federal minister of Transport would have done his job properly, we wouldn't hear from Air Libre nowadays. But then, off course, there aren't many people working at BRU and living in/near Bruges I assume. So Landuyt is not losing that many voters.

However, let's not forget: all political parties, part of the majority in the Brussels Capital Region, have agreed on the noise restrictions, so it is finally their joined responsability that BRU and employment at BRU are damaged.

Perhaps some airline fans living in the Brussels Capital Region can try to set up a similar protest against the noise from cargo trains or by trucks from a Brussels based newspaper. Because the noise restrictions are not against planes only. Fun guarantueed!

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

LX-LGX wrote:Perhaps some airline fans living in the Brussels Capital Region can try to set up a similar protest against the noise from cargo trains or by trucks from a Brussels based newspaper. Because the noise restrictions are not against planes only. Fun guarantueed!
There are so many laws Brussels does not care much about. Let them start checking on the bi-lingual status of their civil servants. Big Fun guarantueed!
A simple tax on water supply conducts over other than their own territory would put the scales even. Or a tax on their so-called harbour traffic nuissance, to/from their Brussels 'sea'port.
Just take them on water, as they the others in the air.

Take away the federal subsidy from their fire brigade, and allocate that money to Zaventem fire brigade.

Go by the logic they are using: Zaventem Airport is no longer Brussels Airport, so use only the language of where that airport is located, for official matters.

A land-locked territory should always think more than twice.

By showing these examles of retaliations, I'm trying to demonstrate how ridiculous the requirements are. If you're heavy or slow, and not understood the above, I'm joking.
Note: Do not become personal, by citing names, not even names of politicians. Restrain of that till after the elections, the belgian voters will decide who's coming back after the vote.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

A bailiff from Air Libre will visit the cabinet of the honourable federal Minister of Transport Renaat Landuyt on Thursday, where he will hand over the legal demand of 50.000 euro's.

Air Libre finally is going after the man who has choosen for the method of burned earth. "Doing nothing is better then doing something wrong" indeed should not be a minister's strategy.

No, I don't like it that public money will go into the pocket of some happy few, who want to close BRU - unless they have to use the airport for their own holiday.

SN30952

The ombudsman knew it all, longtime ago....

Post by SN30952 »

sn26567 wrote:(These) people have (all) rights to complain, IMHO. ...
LX-LGX wrote:"Doing nothing is better then doing something wrong" indeed should not be a minister's strategy."

Air passengers are using their rights to complain...
Who isn't?
In "Raising awareness about the right to complain - the next steps for the European Ombudsman"
Five main topics tend to give rise to inquiries involving the EU administration:

but not only that administration:
Item five was then: classical maladministration
Maladministration is causing injustice.
The definition of maladministration is very wide and can include:

* delay
* incorrect action or failure to take any action
* failure to follow procedures or the law
* failure to provide information
* inadequate record-keeping
* failure to investigate
* failure to reply
* misleading or inaccurate statements
* inadequate liaison
* inadequate consultation
* broken promises

In this case, and IMHO, one does not select an item, one takes them all.
And remember, mad cow disease was chronic, until the administration had taken action.