b.light and b.flex

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
eurofighter

b.light and b.flex

Post by eurofighter »

Hi everyone,

I could not yet find a topic on the experience of b light and b flex (yes there are topics about the concept, not the actual experience). In the next few weeks I will share my experience with you, as I have flown to/from CPH outbound in b light (but I slept all the way) and return in b flex. This week I will fly to Oslo which is a slightly longer route and outbound I will go b flex and return b light. The week afterwards outbound and inbound to THF in b flex.

Will keep you up to date.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Well nothing much to say really B-light is no frill same seats as u used to have and everything B-flex the same but with a meal!

camel

Post by camel »

For me the big flex advantage is the 'fast lane' at Bru Airport and the fact that my flex ticket is fully refoundable and that there is always the possibility to change from flight in the same day. Also more luggage can be taken in board. ( taking into account that this is only a economy ticket)
The catering aspect is just something extra but for me not that important.

Greetz

sn26567

Re: b light and b flex

Post by sn26567 »

eurofighter wrote:I could not yet find a topic on the experience of b light and b flex
For b.flex I don't know, but I reported two b.light flights here
André
ex Sabena #26567

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

That fast lane you are talking about, is it really faster
- all the time
- or just during rush hour?

And how does it look like?

EBBR_Based

Post by EBBR_Based »

blackhawk wrote:That fast lane you are talking about, is it really faster
It certainly is, as I could withness already several times. At rush hour, you are usually through in less than 5 minutes, while the other queues easily take up to 15-30 minutes.
camel wrote:For me the big flex advantage is the 'fast lane' at Bru Airport and the fact that my flex ticket is fully refoundable and that there is always the possibility to change from flight in the same day. Also more luggage can be taken in board. ( taking into account that this is only a economy ticket)
Exactly, thanks to the 12kg hand luggage allowance, I never have to check-in hold luggage actually! Also important for me is that they fill-up the back of the plane with b.light first, and if the flight isn't full, all remaining seats go to b.flex (with as much empty seats next to you as possible). Thanks to priority boarding, there is never a queue to enter the plane, and as you are seated in the front, you are the first to leave the plane as well.

And of course the number of miles allows you to collect a Privilege Gold card very fast, giving you lounge access at all Brussels Airlines' destinations!

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

I have experience with light as well as flex (I had to go to Barcelona three times - BRU-BCN in SN flex, BCN-BRU in IB; BRU-BCN-BRU in flex; BRU-BCN in light and BCN-BRU in flex). Both products are OK.

I book flex when somthing might change or I don't have much time in the airport (late arrival in BRU)

Indeed for flex, the meal is not the big difference, it is the rest: take an earlier flight if there is still place, separate que, more luggage, ... I have also the impression that I had a lot more space in flex, then in light (but this could be because of the type of plane I was in). Especialy last time I was on a B737 in light.

I did not use the fast lane so far since it works only at rush hours for the time being. It works with a bar-code on your ticket, at the entrance of the fast lane you can scan it and go in the sperate line. Should be very convenient.

I do not really understand why they don't call flex just business, because that's what it is (more or less). Also people in the plane speak about flex in that way - "people in the front, that's business". Only price is much lower.

In BCN they do not really respect the sperate line for check-in. And the line can be very long! That's the only negative point I have so far.

I am leaving this afternoon for Copenhagen in flex. Tomorrow I'll take a Sterling flight to Aalborg ... :) Next month I will go to BCN again (also flex) and in July I go to Porto in flex ...

Regards,
Danny

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

DannyVDB wrote: I have also the impression that I had a lot more space in flex, then in light (but this could be because of the type of plane I was in). Especialy last time I was on a B737 in light.
Indeed, for the 737's that is true: the pitch in the back is far less than in the front. The last rows make an FR 737 seem spacious :)
Always try to get in the first rows of b.light if you can, there is more room there (has not changed since the VEX days, don't now why they did it...)

Schep

Post by Schep »

I flew last week B light between VLC and BRU on A319...

Not so bad but Brussels Airlines is working as a low cost with... old planes...

I flew BRU-VLC with Vueling (cheapest price than SN). The A320 was brand new ! Leather seat (as SN but more comfortable) with more space than SN. The menu for this flight was the same as SN (sandwiches to buy on board - prices are the same) but VY offered the possibility to watch to a film or a serie on board. May be a good idea for SN?

I will probably continue flying VY ! I don't know why you are thinking about? But SN HAS TO BUY NEW PLANES ! The cabins are OLD ! Look at the seats on the A319 and the B737... Look at the interior of the AVRO !

Thanks for your comments

Schep

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

Great to read the various comments here.

My conclusion until now after having flown in b flex from Copenhagen to Brussels three weeks ago and yesterday from Brussels to Oslo:

In the airport: it's better than the old business class - for a lower price you have access to the very quick check-in, fast lane security checks, and for a small price access to the Business lounge (incl if you are privilege platinum or gold - which I have)

On board: food that is slightly nicer than the economy class food before, but you sit in the front of the plane which indeed still gives it a business class feeling, being among "business" travellers.

After the flight: 1250 miles in your Privilege account in stead of 250. Very important to keep status.

b light: fine concept for the budget conscious traveller, but if you do not possess a gold card you need to take into account longer time for check-in at Brussels airport than before with SN economy.

This Thursday I'll be flying in Business, to Helsinki. Next week I will report to you what the difference is between the new b flex and the European business class

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

Last weekend I flew to/from Helsinki in Business.

There are two main differences between b flex and business:

business:

1) you still have lounge access included

2) the food onboard is much nicer and more extensive, on china, with real metal cutlery, and you get served drinks throughout the flight in real glass.

I am quite happy with the b flex which is more accessable for more passengers and makes travel for the frequent travellers more pleasant, especially at the airport. Only if you can start your journey in the Protocol at Brussels Airport then your airport experience is even nicer. Full quietness and comfort.