Airlines and SARS (a.k.a. atypic pneumonia)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Airlines and SARS (a.k.a. atypic pneumonia)

Post by sn26567 »

The union for U.S. airline flight attendants on Thursday demanded immediate precautions be taken to protect flight attendants from the deadly SARS pneumonia virus, including distribution of latex gloves and masks.

The Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) said it sent a letter asking the Federal Aviation Administration to issue an emergency order requiring airlines to provide the gloves and masks to the flight attendants, or at least allow them to wear their own.

Is our Bart going to ask the same at SN BA?

A flight attendant on a Singapore Airlines flight between New York and Frankfurt on March 14 was infected with Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.

I was personally flying from FRA to BRU on LH last Tuesday night, not far from a group of Chinese. On arrival at BRU at the baggage carousel, I saw on their baggage lables that they had transited through SIN, where a sixth person has just died from SARS.

And I don't feel very well myself... :?

André

luchtzak

Re: Airlines and SARS (a.k.a. atypic pneumonia)

Post by luchtzak »

andreorban wrote: Is our Bart going to ask the same at SN BA?
We at SNBA have been informed very professional and we know what to do in case of... :wink:

andreorban wrote:
And I don't feel very well myself... :?

André
Better go to the doctor to have a big search and start wearing a mask! ;-)

greetings,

luchtzak
:rock: