Avro-airplanes

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
ILS25L

Avro-airplanes

Post by ILS25L »

Goodmorning,
Half Octobr I had the pleasure to be on 2 SNBA-flights, both with Avro. I have 2 questions about what I saw and experienced.
What I saw : On the fuselage of the Avro you clearly can see 2 black dots but I do not know their function or what is kept behind.
See : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/419106/L/

What I experienced : On take off after a few minutes it looks like the engines are going to maximum power and the engines make that much noise that you get the impression that something is going wrong although I know it is not. Than at a certain moment it stops and you do not hear the engines anymore. Sound a little bit silly the way I explain this but I do hope people know what I mean and that it can be explained.
Regards, Karl

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

The black dots are air vents.
The sound should be more quiet than other airplanes because an Avro is called a Wisper jet and every engine makes a lot of noise when its set in T/O.
Greetzzzz

Comet

Post by Comet »

The Avro types make much less noise on take off than other jets, that is another reason that they are so welcome at London City (that airport is in a largely residential area in London).

It is a bit disappointing when you like the pre take off engine roar of other types (nothing beats the roaring fours of the 747-400 in my opinion).
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

What I experienced : On take off after a few minutes it looks like the engines are going to maximum power and the engines make that much noise that you get the impression that something is going wrong although I know it is not. Than at a certain moment it stops and you do not hear the engines anymore.
Well, I don't know what you heared but the engines aren't that loud. All I know is that the flaps are loud inside an Avro. That's maybe what you heared :?

Greetz
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Karl,

I think you heard the flaps going up, just like Avro explained in his message. I think the Avro is the only plane that makes such a noise when the flaps are going up or down.

greetings,

Bart
:rock: