How to become a pilot...

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

In Belgium not a single school has a written agreement with an airline
I just was just talking about Belgium. I believe EPST has connections with Easyjet too, but that's not a Belgian school.

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Wel Capt,

Here we go,
I also informed with lots of FTO's to start with an ATPL course.
The FTO's that i informed with are:
BAFA
White Wings EUrope (bothe in Antwerp)
SFA most expensive one and same quality (but better fleet)
OAC

The most interesting one is BAFA price and quality are both reasonably good.And with white wings its about the same thing except you have to da an examination to be approved for the course. And the fleet isn't that impressive.
But with both FTO's you can get the lessons in evening school so that you can work while learning.
OAC doesn't have that oppertunity but has an impressive fleet yet the price is 7500€ more than BAFA and WWE(white wings).
SFA they don't know anything after paying them a visit because it isn't even sure that the will start next year and were thinking abaut bringing the fleet back to belgium (rumours?)

Now the paying part.

KBC brucargo has a special loan ,
you have to pay your theoretical course by your self BUT you cn loan the money for the practical lessons
With Dexia there is also a option for People up to 25 years old. Its a huge crediet acount and by the time you have your contract with an airliner you can chance the acount into a normal loan. So that also not that bad.

This is about it.
I hope i've been of some help.
And if you have some extra questions just mail me ore add me on msn.

Greetz Fiero

Stinger@pandora.be

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

SFA they don't know anything after paying them a visit because it isn't even sure that the will start next year and were thinking abaut bringing the fleet back to belgium (rumours?)
I guess rumours. SFA said in 2001 and 2002 that they would start a new course the next year. Those 2 years, they haven't started a single course.

WWE (White Wings) has both day and evening school, but last year the day school didn't start and this year neither of them started because of lack of students.

I guess you have to choose between BAFA and OAC and when possible other schools outside of Flanders (Hub air, NLS, KLS, EPST)

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Another possibility :
The Beglian Army,
I had my try :
Suceeded.
And didn't get in thanks to anadministrational problem.
So if you have time , a car (or loving parents with one) I would have a try with the army too.
Disadvantage : 13 years of work as a lean mean killing machine.
But the best education that money can buy

SierraFoxtrotMike

Post by SierraFoxtrotMike »

Are you sure ?? and what about Lufthansa flying school ??

I think but i'm not sure, it's like SFA in the time...You'll be on a waiting list until thay need pilots...but in this list you could be number 18 or number 1893 :? so it's not realy a promise...but you have bigger chances to have a job certainly :wink:

Regards[/quote]