How long to move 8 rows

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
smeg

How long to move 8 rows

Post by smeg »

Wonder if anyone has had same hassle.

Left Tenerife North 30/10/05 on Iberia A321 EC-ILO, IB 967 to MAD. Arrived at MAD, to catch our connecting flight to LHR, and after a long taxi parked at a remote stand in what appeared to be cargo area. Jumped on a bus to the terminal where we were offloaded at the connections area.

We then got on another bus to another part of the terminal complex. Unfortunetly we were put off on the wrong part. We then had along walk to our gate, where we were put on another bus to the a/c operating IB 3164 to LHR. Finally got to the a/c and lo and behold it was EC-ILO.

We arrived in MAD in row 20 went to LHR in row 28, not too bad 3 bus rides, 1 hour to move 8 rows back ... this be a record.

Also on the way out to Tenerife our a/c taking us on BA 460 to MAD had a technical fault cauing us to miss our connecting flight to MAD.

we were put on the next flight to Tenerife the following morning.

C'est la vie

Avro

Post by Avro »

Hi smeg and welcome to this site.

Thanks for sharing your special experience with IB

Chris

regi

Post by regi »

so my previous nagging about my 3.5 hour delay at Prestwick with Ryanair is quite over done if i read your bad experiences with IB.
I read quite some similar bad reports on airlinequality about the cooperation between IB and BA on the Madrid route.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

just gotta love IB...

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Guess you should take in your stride :roll:
Aum Sweet Aum.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

This story has mañana-mentality written allover it! Sometimes it just isn't your day

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I don't know.
I fly often with Iberia and I had never problems , even no delays.
But indeed I read sometimes bad report from passengers on IB flights.

I like flying with Iberia maybe like A319 said
you just gotta love IB...
Best regards,

Airbuske

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

regi wrote:so my previous nagging about my 3.5 hour delay at Prestwick with Ryanair is quite over done if i read your bad experiences with IB.
Why exactly is this a "bad IB experience"?

The one and only procedure for transfer passengers is 1) leave the aircraft, 2) enter the airport, 3) connect to the right terminal if necessary, 4) go to your gate and 5) board the aircraft.

By the way, do you think that a passenger without any interest in aircraft would have noticed that he/she boarded the same aircraft on his/her connecting flight?

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

earthman

Post by earthman »

The Soviets did something like this a long time ago, they had the same few bombers fly over the spectators of a military parade again and again, leading them to believe they had a lot more bombers than they really had. Maybe Iberia is trying the same thing... ;-)

smeg

Post by smeg »

I would say passengers without interest in aviation noticed.Reckon the Aerlinas B.747 next to the aircraft was a give away.It does seem a simple proceedure alighting and boarding an aircraft, so i wonder why IB make it so complicated.Could save a few Euros if they were more efficient but i imagine their attitude is 'why should we be'? The sort of treatment is not going to make people rush back to them.

concordino

Post by concordino »

2 observations

1. aircraft was transferring from a domestic to an international service (UK still not a Schengen country)

2. Iberia has strong unionisation - maybe cleaning/uplift crew has an agreement for an empty aircraft before they will work (certainly used to be the case at Manchester, UK in the 70's)

Concordino
ps did your luggage stay on the aircraft during the turnaround?