ABZ - Amman on AF

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chunk

ABZ - Amman on AF

Post by chunk »

Fri 21st 0620 ABZ - CDG

Boarding was on time as was take off on the ERJ145 - but flight time would be the full two hours this time owing to winds. The captain announced quite good weather except it may get bumpy for the last half hour.

To be honest there isn;t much to say abou this flight...you get a prepackaged Pain au chocolat which is disgusting and a coffee or juice. I had coffee and read Q magazine and dozed....until descent. It was pretty bumpy coming in to CDG but landed on schedule and boarded the hideous bus from teh ERJ parking area.

We then transferred to terminal 2E from 2F. 2E still hasn;t got back to life since the tragic collapse and it shows. Another bus....then flights of stairs, through tight corridors and what looks like fire escapes and then more security. If there were any shops or cafes in there they were closed or I didnt find them! Went to the lounge however and watched CNN for a bit - it was pretty quiet and the selection of food was, well, total crap. Plenty drinks however so read more and drink a few cokes. AMS crown lounge puts this and the others at CDG to shame for selection.

After 3 hours we board our A320 to Amman - again through a bus! I have 9d and my colleague is in 9E and the lady captain came out and spoke through the microphone to all the passengers explaining the route. She was great - always coming on to tell us when we flew over interesting sites like the alps or Beirut for example. Food was served and it was acceptable and a movie was shown. The fantastic four. The shite four would have been more appropriate. Gave up after 20 minutes.

4 hours later we land in Amman at the really decrepit Queen Alia Airport...needs an upgrade badly. However, immigration was very fast and there was only an Iraqi airways crew to be seen in the lines.

Good service overall from AF as usual. On another note - Amman is pretty cool but Jordan is pretty stunning - I highly recommend visiting. I ma here on business but had time to go tot he dead sea and it is nuts. I plan to come back on vacation to visit Petra and other sites - the people are so friendly.....just like Beirut!

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice reportn I enjoyed reading it

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Excellent report, chunk. If I were Queen Alia, I would not allow a crappy airport to carry my name.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chunk

Post by chunk »

Since I have come back I can say that the departure area was ok at Queen Alia. I mean check in was quick, the lounge (it was Royal Jordanian's) was no worse than an AF lounge and the duty free shop was quite good. Still needs upgraded though.....