TV169 SXF-BRU 18/09/05 - Virgin Express - TRIP REPORT

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
FlightSimCrew

TV169 SXF-BRU 18/09/05 - Virgin Express - TRIP REPORT

Post by FlightSimCrew »

Finally again a red flight into Berlin. This route also served by SNBA has been strategically chosen to prevent LCC competition from GermanWings or AirBerlin on the BRU market.

Our flight was slightly over 50% full, VEX OO-LTM B737-300 equipment landed with 25minutes delay due to security checks at Brussels Airprot and airport congestion at departures due to single rinway operations. We were sitting at gate 61 when we saw the aircraft coming on for landing and finally parking only 50 meters from the building right in front of us. We could follow all airport ôps in real time (baggage, deboarding, fuel load, catering and cleaning). Just 25 minutes later the 78 pax were on board and we were go for take off... I had seat nr 5F, a seat with extra legroom space although not needed as the flight only took 1 hour. We departed in night conditions with the BErlin city at our right hand side and climbed quite high for this short flight (to 36.000ft). We came in over STR and LGG to make our final approach on 25L at Brussels. Very nice landing and also my congratz to the entire crew for making it a very pleasant flight and for apologizing to the pax for the delay...
No baggage to claim so I had a quick exit from BRU.
On sunday 25SEP I take SN2263 BRUCPH flight and return on SN2264 on Tuesday 27SEP... anybody perhaps who is on the same flight ?

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Wow 36000 feet! That's very hight the climbing must have been very steep!

Won't be on the flight unfortunately but pretty sure I will be one one to Berlin in 2 months time!

Considering coming back by train am I mad or what? :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

First VEX report to SXF. Nice to read it.

Vinnie-Winnie, are you mad? ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

sn26567 wrote:Vinnie-Winnie, are you mad? ;-)
Probably although don't u find the sleak looks of the ICE amazing? And anyway done worse in August been from Florence to Brussels by train by day!

Well I'll see! it will depend on the prices! Obviously I know that vex will cost me max 100 euros returnif I book around this time for november! What about the ICE+ Thalys don't know yet!

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

2A + 2H will be more expensive ;)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report FlightSimCrew

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Vinnie-Winnie- you would be in the U.K.!!!!
Our railways are horrible, i.e. noisy diesel trains from the 60s which are always delayed and/or falling apart as you wobble along at 30 km/h!!!!! only used by student and commuters-everyone else drives, even the post goes by road now!!!!

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

:offtopic: vc-10 so I replied by private post :)