BRU-AYT-BRU with MNG --> pictures added!!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
TC-MNE

BRU-AYT-BRU with MNG --> pictures added!!

Post by TC-MNE »

Hi all, maybe a bit (too) late, but here is my flight report of my flight to Antalya

flight report BRU-AYT-BRU

Sunday 24/07/2005: BRU-AYT MNB 304 06.00; aircraft: Airbus A300 B4-203 TC-MNZ

I knew we would fly with the A300 (tc-mnz), so I checked on the internet the evening before and the plane was coming from izmir, and was expected at 01.30, and it landed at 01.20... so I was quite sure there would be no delay, if there were no new technical problems...
our flight was at 6 o'clock AM, so we had to leave early in the morning, i have been 'internetting' until 02.00 AM, so I didn't sleep anymore...
our travel agency had advised us to leave a bit earlier, because it could be very busy at the end of July, and moreover, they were working at the airport... so, therefore we left @ 2.30 (we have to drive an hour to the airport), there was almost no traffic, so we arrived at 3.30 at the airport, we parked our car at the 'security long term parking'... there we had to wait more than 20 minutes!!! (the guy at the desk was sleeping !!!!!! :roll: )...so we arrived at the airport building around 4.00 AM... check in was in row 12, in the old terminal... when we arrived at the check-in, some people were waiting yet... check-in started not on time: 4.15 AM!!!
nevertheless, we were the second to check-in, the guy at the desk was polite, we asked for seats next to the emergency exit... and he gave us! we had a golf bag with us, and we didn't had to pay extra for that... and we didn't booked our holiday with VIP-selection!!!, usually, you have to pay extra for a golf bag...
boarding was at gate B37, 05.25 AM
after check-in, we went to the TUI-Jetair desk, where we asked a discount for the security long term parking... eventually, we had to pay €10 per day... quite cheap, for a monitored parking! We got also a newspaper at the desk... the lady at the desk was very polite... we couldn't pass along check-in row 1, because of all the people at the Touroperator desks...
we had still some time left to drink something @ the panorama restaurant.... €2.70 for 25 cl orange juice!!!!!
I saw the pushback of an A300 of fly air, and the OO-VAS of TUI...

05.00, time to go to B37..., I was right, our plane: the TC-MNZ... again that old A300... (last year I flew on TC-MNE)
boarding went quite slow... we had to wait, 'cause we were sitting on row 8... we entered the plane around 05.55... quite late...I was quite surprised... the cabin looked very clean... the crew looked very angry... I asked the purser polite to take a picture in the cockpit... the answer was 'NO!!!'... all of a sudden it could not go enough fast... we had to take away our handbags 'IMMEDEATELEY' and sit down... we were snapped at... is that the way MNG handles his clients???
we were sitting at 8 D, E and F, in the middle of the plane...so i couldn't take any picture... sad...
pushback started @ 06.00, security instructions started... the crew was probably obligated (of Jetair) to speak French and Dutch... I couldn't understand a word of it...
while someone was speaking... the sound system made a very funny noise... can't explain it... err :oops: ... the noise we sometimes make when we go to the toilet...?? yes, you understand... :D
consequence: the whole plane was laughing (what we call 'de slappe lach' in Dutch)... very professional of MNG... not?
Take-off was around 06.15... in my opinion... it took quite some time until the plane took the air...
service was quite bad... not very well organised...neverteless, we got our meal on time... don't have a picture... but it was a common charter meal... bread, yoghourt, scrambled eggs with hot tomatoes, and jam and butter

around 10.00 AM local time, we started descending... it went very smooth... landing was OK (at 10.30 AM local time) ... getting off the plane not at all... we had to wait more than 10 minutes for a stairs... no goodbye, no smile... nothing!!!
I was really not satisfied concerning the crew!!!!

it was very busy on the airport... when were driving to the airport building, I saw...

- 1 hapag lloyd A310
- 1 hapag lloyd 738
- 3 tupolev
- 2 condor 757
- 1 fly air A300
- 1 pegasus 738
- 1 sunexpress 734

it took quite some time to get our luggage... and we had to wait some time on the bus...
we arrived at our hotel in Belek (for those who are interested: Gloria Golf Resort) around 01.00 PM, for a nice, relaxing holiday...

my rating for this flight: 6.5/10

Tuesday 02/08/2005: AYT-BRU; MNB 303 22.45 LT ; aircraft: Airbus A300 B4-203 TC-MNZ

we had an evening flight, the bus would pick us up at tha hotel arount 7.30 PM, so we had to pay €50, to keep our room until 6.00 PM, normally, check-out is at 12 o'clock noon
the bus of our touroperator, Jetair, arrived at 7.30 exactly, first, we had to pass some other hotels to pick up other people, so we arrived around 8.30 at Antalya airport...

Our bus arrived as first at the airport... what was immediateley notabling me, was that they had constructed a whole new Terminal in Antalya.... the old terminal is still in use, but for 'national flights', the new one is for 'international flights'... the terminal is almost a copy of the old one... it is only more modern... (for example flat screens...)
everything went very smooth, even the passport control!!!
my dad wanted to drink 'a last one' before he left Turkey... until he saw the prices...: €20 for a gin tonic, and €6 for 33 cl Coke...
boarding was not so professional, they didn't make an announcement, someone just shouted 'BOARDING'... :lol:
there were two 'gates': one for VIP selecton (for the first part of the plane, the 'VIP-cabin') and one for Jetair and Sunjets, for the other part of the plane... something they don't know in Brussels yet...
thanks to this, boarding went very smoothly, and the plane left on time!

I saw immediately they had been installing 'inflight entertainment' since our departure flight... while entering the plane, and waiting for pushback, we saw the 'jetair flight show'... furthermore nothing: no nosecamera, no film... so this all is not more than a promotion stunt of Jetair....
the crew was very pleasant and polite this time... they seemed to be very well organised... (we had one male steward, all others were female)
also the meal was better!
only on remark: 3rd time I fly with MNG, 3rd time the same meal.... :!: :?:
The plane left around 22.45, on time!!!

we landed at 01.30 AM exactly in Brussels, and we got off the plane at gate B37 again...
after a good flight of 3 hours and 40 minutes, the engines could be stopped, and the plane could be prepared for a next flight to Turkey...

rating for this flight: 8.5/10

any questions, or comments?

ps: some pictures are from last year, but are similar to what I saw this year, only this year I wasn't able to make pictures from the plane, cause, i hadn't got a window-seat

greetings,
Last edited by TC-MNE on 27 Aug 2005, 20:56, edited 11 times in total.

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

nice report

michiel

Post by michiel »

three years ago I was in the letoonia next to the gloria golf resort but that time,it was whit the TC-MNE very nice flight!!!

Humberside

Re: BRU-AYT-BRU with MNG

Post by Humberside »

TC-MNE wrote:Hi all, maybe a bit (too) late,
Better late than never

Nice report

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for excellent report. Hope to read you next year (on another destination with another airline?).
André
ex Sabena #26567

TC-MNE

Post by TC-MNE »

sn26567 wrote:Hope to read you next year
I hope that too...
(on another destination with another airline?).
maybe... maybe not... who knows... :D
but I can say that Turkey is the best holiday destination I've ever been going to...