Mallorca-Brussels with Thomas Cook

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
MD-11

Mallorca-Brussels with Thomas Cook

Post by MD-11 »

Just returned today from PMI and being it already 10PM I'll start my trip report with the flight back home.
I'll do the flight from BRU to PMI tomorrow. I still have to upload those pics. :oops:
Vale, Vamos! :wink:
After a 2 hour bus ride from the hotel to the airport ( we had to pass another 2 hotels ) in a warm bus ( I think airco was inop :wink: ) we arrived at PMI.
Check in was at desks 42-43 and 44.
We were one of the last pax to check-in but luckely we got to sit in my favourite place.
The last row. We got seats 30A-B-D and F. We were even more lucky because nobody else sat on our row.
All other seats were filled.
We had to go to gate 16R but there we had to take a bus to a remote stand, which I don't mind at all. :)
Allthough there were 2 airstairs and we sat in row 30 we had to get in via the front stairs.
OO-TCM would fly us home as FQ5473.
A Condor/Thomas Cook B757-300 next to us.
Pushback and engine start was at 15:18 ( 8 minutes behind schedule ). In the background you see an Air Europe B737 using it's reversers on the RWY24R.
At exactly 15:24 we took-off from RWY24R with a TOW of 65.8 tons ( of which 7.8 tons fuel ) and a Vr of 143kts. We made a rather steep climb immediately after rotation :D
The GALAT 1A SID that we made got us into a climbing right turn over the sea.
When we reached our cruise altitude of 36000 feet food service began.
It was a sandwich with cheese ( rather dry ) and very tastful chocolate pudding.
Drinks were served and after the food service the FA's came back 2 times with tea and coffee.
Cruising at Mach 0.78 using 2300 kgs per hour of fuel we had an uneventful flight with nice weather.
Sometimes we had some very light turbulence.
I also saw four planes overhead or below.
Outside air temp was minus 56°C and the distance PMI-BRU would be 827NM.
Around 17 'o clock we began our descent into BRU.
We flew over BRU and made an ARVOL 2A arrival.
After a flight of 1 hour and 55 minutes we flew over 25R at BRU we were landed with a speed of 138kts and a weight of 60.7 tons. So we used 5.1 tons of fuel.
We parked at gate A58 next to an Olympic B737-42J, reg. SX-BMC.
After the long walk to the arrivals hall we had our luggage after only 2 minutes or so and we went to the meeting point where our driver was already waiting.
Now I'm going to keep my wife company and aftet a good shower I'll go to my bed. Estoy cansado! ( = I'm tired ) :wink:
See you tomorrow for my report from BRU to PMI.
Hope you enjoyed this one.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

realplaneshaveprops

Post by realplaneshaveprops »

Welcome home MD-11!

koen

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I saw the OO-TCM in PMI when taking-off and saw it again after i landed in BRU, thx to my transfer through BCN you beat me to BRU ;)

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Nice report and pics

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

nice report/pics

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice (very technical and illustrated) report, Bart. Welcome back home!
André
ex Sabena #26567

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Thanks for sharing this report with us, the illustrations are really appreciated. :wink:

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Wecome back MD-11, enjoyed your report/pics :thumbsup: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

PDV

Post by PDV »

MD11, thanks a lot for the 2 drawings you made for us! I offered them to one of the cabin attendants of that flight.

Greetz from your FO,
PDV

Sebas

Post by Sebas »

Hi MD-11,

Very nice report and pics of a flight to one of my favorite destinations :D !

Glad to see you had such a nice experience.

One question, how do you know the Vr, the SID and STAR used and so on? Were you allowed in the cockpit?

Greets,
Sebas

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Sebas wrote: One question, how do you know the Vr, the SID and STAR used
:) That question was already asked in my other report and the answer can be found here :wink:
https://www.aviation24.be/postt12973.html
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."