are there many delays at Ostend-airport ???

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
holidayguy

are there many delays at Ostend-airport ???

Post by holidayguy »

Hello guys,

I'm flying with Tui airlines Belgium on 3rd September to Gran Canaria,
and I have noticed that during the past month on the site of ostend-airport that there were a few delays with TUB-airplanes to Alicante, tenerife, gran canaria.

Does anyone knows how that is possible, because I thaught when I fly
via Ostend I will have little problems with delays etc...
Has anyone an experience with flying from ostend-airport?

Greetz

Andries

Post by Andries »

When there is a delay, it 's usually not caused by the operating airport, but by the company. The question you should ask yourself is :

"Are there frequent delay's when flying with Futura ?"

The day the TUB flights @ EBOS had such a bog delay, it was because the Futura aircraft arrived at EBOS around 0800 instead of 0320.

Normally, there aren't many delays and the flight usually leaves within 30 minutes of the schedulmed time of departure.

Hope this can help !

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

holidayguy

Post by holidayguy »

thanks Andries,

I have read in an other aviation-forum namely the forum in Dutch (topic: spaans vliegtuig voor jetair) that some passengers/fans/... were concerned about the reliability of the futura-aircrafts.

Will I fly with a futura aircraft or a TUB-aircraft?
and I think that TUB flys in ostend only with older aircrafts, and not with the new OO-VAC "Rising Sun" and OO-VAS "Welcome", is that true, or don't you know that?

greetz

Andries

Post by Andries »

Yes, it is true that Futura flies with older aircraft than OO-VAS and OO-VAC, but that is quite logical as OO-VAS is 3 years and OO-VAC only 2 years old.

TUI doesn't operate it's flights from Ostend, they have Futura flying it for them. So indeed, you don't get to see OO-VAS and VAC here. Those aircraft are used for flights out of Brussels, like all other TUB aircraft. Futura operates Boeing B737-400, a very popular and safe aircraft that is also used by TUB, 3 to be specific (2 built in 1989 and 1 built in 1994).

You are most likely to be on EC-IOU, an Boeing B737-400 built in 1990. So for an aircraft that is not so old (15). Even SN Brussels Airlines flies aircraft built in 1990. When you get to go on an aircraft that's 25 years old or older, then you can say you're on an old aircraft !

Nowaday's you read aircraft of certain companies are not safe and you can read it anywhere ! But don't be fooled by most of these statements as they almost all come from people who don't know sh*t about Aviation Technologie / Maintenance.

If I were you I wouldn't worry. I would certainly get onto that plane without any hessitations !

If you do have any hessitations, I am allways willing to take your place :wink: :lol:

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

holidayguy

Post by holidayguy »

thanks Andries ,
I didn't know that TUI doesn't operate it's flights from Ostend, but only from Brussel.
Now in know why I never see the bleu TUB planes in Ostend.

Last year I flew with TUB from Brussels to Hurghada and it was a very nice flight with the 737-800 OO-VAC. It's indeed a young , clean and beautifull airplane. and the service is also good. On our way back (HRG-Brussels) it was a 737-400 and an older type.
I hope I will have a nice flyht with no delays in Sept;
and no I don't have any hessitations. I trust Jetair and the planes they use. :):)
I cerntainly will post my experience with Futura.

greetz

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

During holiday-periods many flights are slot-restricted. ATC gives priority to scheduled flights, then to charter flights. Airways in the Meditterean and above France, Germany are busy hence the delays that might pile up.

Sterre

Post by Sterre »

Andries wrote:
"Are there frequent delay's when flying with Futura ?"
As a stewardess flying only on these Futura a/c , I can tell you in all honesty that, since May 2005 I only had a major delay once. With major delay I mean a delay > 1hr.
Lately there have been some major delays because the a/c had to be checked out , landing gear wheels had to be replaced, EEL had to be fixed etc. Because these a/c fly 24 hrs/7 days, they just can't get around delays in that case.

When there is a delay, it 's usually not caused by the operating airport, but by the company.
I am sorry , but it is rarely our fault! Most delays we get through missing pax (shopping at ease in taxfree zone!), very slow boarding and thus missed slots, longer flight times caused by bad weather or by the instructions to fly on lower altitude (because of crowded airspace with all those holiday a/c these months...), slow and inefficient catering, slow cleaning, slow fueling...
All things 'our company' has nothing to do with!

[/quote]

regi

Post by regi »

shopping at the tax freezone at Ostend and getting lost?
Hm, at the age of 38 I am happy to learn every day.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

@ Sterre,

Slow catering, slow cleaning, slow fueling?? Is the crew then the only group who works at high speed?? I don't think so.

You also know that some company's have very short rotations. In that period pax have to embark, cleaning has to come - and they work very hard and quick - catering, fueling and pax have to board. Sometimes in 40 min!! That's not the fault of all those ground ops but of the company itselfs.

Sterre

Post by Sterre »

We have a rotation of 50 minutes, often even 1 hr.
How come then that this works for several destinations, while others are a complete disaster (i.e. Catania, Tunis...) ?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I know that BRU is turning very well. Very quick ground handling.
I'm surprised about OST, less charters and not at the same time.