BRU-WAW-BRU on SN (3-7 Aug 2005)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

BRU-WAW-BRU on SN (3-7 Aug 2005)

Post by sn26567 »

For Terenia and myself, this was our usual yearly trip to Warsaw, purchased with SN Privilege miles. It cost 20,000 miles per person, but I got a 1,000 discount for booking on Internet. The airport taxes are additional (53 euros). We arrived early at the airport, two hours in advance. We had a small problem at check-in: we had two suitcases, plus a trolley containing among other things a huge three-litre bottle of Leffe Brune (a gift for some relatives over there). Of course, as hand baggage, that trolley was too heavy (14 kg) and the check-in lady did not accept it. So we had to remove the bottle and check the trolley as well.

We than proceeded to passport control and the restaurant at the first floor of terminal B air-side. Terenia had a small lunch and I had only a Leffe Blonde, as I was expecting the lunch on board of SN. Waiting for the plane, while spotting:

From the restaurant, I could easily see a BA A321 G-EUXG

and two SN regional jets, the BAe 146-200 OO-DJH and the Avro RJ100 OO-DWH (our plane, at gate B6).

Did you notice the Sabena-blue circle in front of the extreme-right engine cowling? A recent repair?

SN 2555 on 3 Aug 2005. BRU-WAW. Avro RJ100 registered OO-DWH
Seat 13A, next to Terenia who had 13C (2-3 seating).
Load factor 90%.
Scheduled/actual departure time: 15:00/15:05
Scheduled/actual arrival time: 17:10/17:15
Captain Maier (Meyer?). Cabin crew: two stewardesses

Boarding started 25 minutes before departure and proceeded smoothly. our bottle of Leffe was safely stowed in the overhead bin. However, Terenia got a problem with the cabin crew. After a severe operation in the back, she needed a cushion. For alleged safety reasons, none of the two stewardesses accepted to give her one before take-off in the absence of a doctor's prescription. The rest of the flight was without further incidents.

The meal was served after half an hour. It consisted of two Brussels Bistro boxes, one with a hot (and delicious) pizza, the other with melon, a mini Milky Way bar, Dutch Prise d'Eau water and milk for the coffee. With that I had a small bottle of French wine Côtes du Roussillon 2003 and a cup of coffee.

Safe landing in Warsaw, after a trip mostly in sunny skies and the famous Neuhaus chocolates. We were then bussed to the terminal.

SN 2556 on 7 Aug 2005. WAW-BRU. BAe 146-200 registered OO-MJE
Seat 10A, next to Terenia who had 10C (2-3 seating).
Load factor 95%.
Scheduled/actual departure time: 17:50/17:50
Scheduled/actual arrival time: 20:05/19:55
Captain Bertiaux. Cabin crew: two stewardesses

The Frederic Chopin airport in Warsaw is being greatly expanded, and therefore few jetways are available. We were bussed to the plane, which was almost fully booked (except the 8 seats of business class which remained empty).

OO-MJE landing at BRU

After an on-time departure, the meal was quickly served. A hot and excellent chicken provençale (with greek pasta) was accompanied by cold penne with vegetables, crackers, a mini Mars bar, and milk for the coffee. With that I had again a small bottle of French wine Côtes du Roussillon 2003 (it is the same wine since more than one year: a little variety would be OK!) and a cup of coffee.

Before landing, the usual Neuhaus chocolates, which got a new colourful wrapping.

Arrival at the gate 10 minutes ahead of schedule. Part of that advantage was lost when the door to the terminal was locked and nobody opened it. The stewardess came from the plane and did not manage to find the correct switch. She went back and called a guy from FlightCare who finally delivered us. Unacceptable incident!
Last edited by sn26567 on 12 Aug 2005, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Only Leffe Blond? What about your big Brune companion next to you on the table? :lol:

(And is Leffe the best you can do :lol: )

Interesting report though, and nice pics!

And we flew on OO-DWH last year - flight SN2047 BRU-BHX 31st March. I had seat 13A and VC10 had seat 13C.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Thanks for a very nice report Andre. (Who's the hunk with the bottle then?)
Nice pics too!! :wink:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

sn53E

Post by sn53E »

From the restaurant, I could easily see a BA A320 G-EUXG
It's an A321 :wink: not an A320

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks for the excellent report, André!

Another pair of excellent SN-flights.
Sn26567 wrote:We than proceeded to passport control and the restaurant at the first floor of terminal B air-side.
I think I know the restaurant you are talking about (you have to go up one level once you've passed passport control), but I didn't know you get views like this. I thought that only views from the other side of the B-Pier were available (from a window on the right side of the platform).

About row 13 (interesting that SN has a row '13' by the way ;)): how were the window views from this row on the AR1 and 142? I can be wrong, but I thought that the windows in row 13 on the AR1 aren't really well positioned when you want to look outside).

Glad that you enjoyed your flights, and thanks for posting!

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

OO-SBZ

Re: BRU-WAW-BRU on SN (3-7 Aug 2005)

Post by OO-SBZ »

Great report and pics too!
sn26567 wrote:
SN 2556 on 7 Aug 2005. WAW-BRU. BAe 146-200 registered OO-MJE
Seat 10A, next to Terenia who had 13C (2-3 seating).

10A next to 13C 8O
Do you mean 10A next to 10C?
Or is the seating configuration of OO-MJE different from the other BAe 146s SNBA operate?

Slightly :offtopic: but note-worthy
OO-MJE does not really fit in DAT's registration scheme for the 146/AR8 fleet (OO-DJ*) because it was operated by defunct carrier Air Meuse, a Walloon subsidiary of Delta Air Transport (in the early 90s?)
OO-MJE and Embraer Brasilia OO-MTD (note the "M" for Meuse) got later a full Sabena/DAT livery.

Regards

BeN :idea:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice reports André.

I see that the flights were quite full except for C class :(.

The meals look great and the BIIIIG bottle of Leffe as well :mrgreen: Can you tell me where you bought it ?

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks to all for your comments.
Comet wrote:And is Leffe the best you can do?
I would have taken an Orval if it had been served atthat restaurant!
sn53E wrote:It's an A321, not an A320
Corrected.
Sabena_690 wrote:About row 13 (interesting that SN has a row '13' by the way): how were the window views from this row on the AR1 and 142? I can be wrong, but I thought that the windows in row 13 on the AR1 aren't really well positioned when you want to look outside).
Row 13 in the AR1 is excellent: far enough from the engines to have a view. And I don't mind being on row 13 (with LH I would have been on row 14!). Row 10 in the 142 has also a good view, but is closer to the engines.
OO-SBZ wrote:10A next to 13C?
Do you mean 10A next to 10C?
Indeed: corrected!
Avro wrote:The meals look great and the BIIIIG bottle of Leffe as well . Can you tell me where you bought it ?
€23.02 at Delhaize (the bigger the bottle, the more expensive the beer!)
Last edited by sn26567 on 13 Aug 2005, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:And is Leffe the best you can do?
I would have taken an Orval if it had been served atthat restaurant!
Yes of course you would Andre. And would you have posted a photo of you drinking Orval just to prove that you have very strange tastes in "beer"? I thought that such a high quality beer as Orval would be available everywhere. I thought only beers which are unpopular are harder to find?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for your answer André

Chris