Why there is still swiss plane with Crossair paint?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Ovostar

Why there is still swiss plane with Crossair paint?

Post by Ovostar »

I was a LCY (London City Airport) and i saw so swiss planes still flying with the Crossair paint.
Some them are like that: for example
But sometimes you see crossairs with the older one like that:

Why ? I know it's very expensive to paint a plane, but 3 years after, come on....

Why not this paint :lol: :lol:
(these are not my pictures, but pictures randomly took with google image search)

Avro

Post by Avro »

The ones with the very old paint are the old Saab planes only !! I don't think that ERJ's have the very old colours.

Anyway painting costs a lot of money and the Saab's will leave the fleet anyway, so why paint them !!

Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

With the very old colours I ment this scheme : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/270817/L/

Chris
Last edited by Avro on 28 Jul 2005, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Yes, this is the one meant...
There is a lot of trouble with the saab pilots and swiss now.

I miss the "Concordino" era!

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Is it legal to have a plane with the wrong name on it ? They were not aloud to put the name Swissair, so the first days, there were swiss stickers covering the "air" of swissair... So why are they aloud to fly planes with the name crossair ? Because they are still LX ?

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

the Swissair sotry was only because they where afraid their aircraft could be grounded in other countries because of the hughe SR debt, but Crossair never went bancrupt and I'm not sure if the Company behaind swiss int. airlines isn't still named crossair .... and as long as you have a sticker somewhere visible operated by XYZ which covers the real company name which operates the flight it's legal the painting is only - advertising