Check this fella out.....angry or what?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chunk

Check this fella out.....angry or what?

Post by chunk »

Anyone ever gone on a vendetta against an airline.......

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/2186282/

This guy seems to have had one bad flight and gone on the rampage - 6 letters. No wonder KLM are blanking him.....if you check any recent KLM story on that forum this dude comes out with the same stuff! It's actually bordering on e-stalking. Now there's a new thing.

I would reply in person to suggest he is talking out of the wrong orrifice but i ain;t joining that site - however wound up it gets you.

I can;t stand BA and got treated shoddily several times but gave up at letter number 2.....why would you carry on?? I think if this guy - who is very vague about what the complaint was - actually waited for a response (it took 2 weeks for KLM to get back to me), he may have received the attention he obviously craves....I got 15000 airmiles for my trouble. I suspect when the third letter arrived they just said feck it!!

ANyone else gone nuts several times at an airline? Except comet and ANZ!!

sn26567

Re: Check this fella out.....angry or what?

Post by sn26567 »

chunk wrote:Anyone else gone nuts several times at an airline? Except comet and ANZ!!
Watch out for retaliation :D

I am also nuts at Avros with 6 seats abreast.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I don't see a problem with six abreast Avros and BAe 146s. The ones I went on belonging to Aer Lingus had seats equally as comfortable as the five abreast Avros of SNBA, they were identical leather ones as well.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:I don't see a problem with six abreast Avros and BAe 146s.
But you are not 1m83 and 83 kg, am I wrong? And especially your shoulders are not as wide as mine. BAe built the Avro RJ85 for 85 passenegers, not 102! Airlines should not tamper with constructors' specifications.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chunk

Post by chunk »

I have to agree - I never noticed the 146 being uncomfortable with 6 abreast....always liked flying on those things!

And I'm not exactly built for speed either these days!

Thanks for not retaliating!

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:I don't see a problem with six abreast Avros and BAe 146s.
But you are not 1m83 and 83 kg, am I wrong? And especially your shoulders are not as wide as mine. BAe built the Avro RJ85 for 85 passenegers, not 102! Airlines should not tamper with constructors' specifications.
If your height is your reason for not liking six abreast, then that is an unusual reason. I would have thought that someone tall would be more concerned with the amount of legroom, not how many seats were in the row.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:If your height is your reason for not liking six abreast, then that is an unusual reason. I would have thought that someone tall would be more concerned with the amount of legroom, not how many seats were in the row.
We are getting completely :offtopic: here, but let me explain: I usually keep a bag with my essential stuff (papers, camera, monet, ...) under the seat in from of me, and I thus put my feet next to that bag. In a 6-abreast Avro, this is not possible anymore.

And I repeat that the main reason is shoulder room...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

chunk wrote:I have to agree - I never noticed the 146 being uncomfortable with 6 abreast....always liked flying on those things!

And I'm not exactly built for speed either these days!

Thanks for not retaliating!
OK Chunk :mrgreen:

Andre - I usually have a fair bit of baggage in the cabin with me, especially after a beer trip (and there is no way those beers are going in the overhead bin because they are too valuable) and also when we go on holiday because I have the video bag with me (no way that is going in the hold and I like to make inflight videos). the best way to handle under seat baggage is to grip it with your feet, especially when you are in a diving Fokker because then if you don't it slides forward down the aircraft.

If ever you are in the SNBA A319 then row 10 is the one to get, its the exit row and the seats are like leather armchairs - fantastic!

Back to the topic, as Chunk mentioned we have only ever kicked off at ANZ, but we once had a hairy moment with Icelandair at check in. I have not reported this in Airline Experiences yet, but when we were flying from Glasgow to Keflavik back in 1993, we got to the check in desk, presented our "status OK" tickets only to be told that we were not on the passenger list! This did not please us much, but the problem did get sorted and we got on the flight. After that, we always phoned to reconfirm our reservations, and that is how we had our first run in with Air New Zealand when they had cancelled us off all our flights for a multi-stop trip :evil:
Louise

B744skipper

Re: Check this fella out.....angry or what?

Post by B744skipper »

chunk wrote:Anyone ever gone on a vendetta against an airline.......

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/2186282/
Oh Boy, luckely he did not fly on NWA's DC-9's, guess that would have meant 6 letters full of complains how old, noisy and dirty the aircraft would have been.

When will NWA replace their DC-9's? :mrgreen:

chunk

Post by chunk »

It sfunny 'cos he goes on about how good NWA are....

I mean - I have been on both often enough and NWA are not even half as good as KLM. KLM are not the best but are certainly above average....

The propensity (especially business travellers) to complain is way too high. I have actually started making it a point not to wear a suit or shirt and tie when on company business (unless its a day trip to London or something) as I do not want to be associated with the hoardes of complaining a-holes that seem to be on every flight i take nowadays. Almost all of them wear business type clothing...coincidence - I think not. Put these guys on a plane and they seem incapabable of wiping their own backsides....

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

What i have heard of is that Alitalia is also one of the most hated airlines, so much that there is a website to that effect.

Personally, if you ask me, i would not go beyond a letter :roll:
Aum Sweet Aum.

regi

Post by regi »

quick drop inn:
yes, I am one of the haters of Alitalia. I am entitled to after I spent 3 days in a hospital with food poisoning. And 2 suitcases were broken open at Rome, without compensation at all.
I recommend the personnel of Alitalia to go on strike indefinitively.
The other subject about the 6 in a row in the Avro's. yep, I dislike it as well. Economics is no reason. Sabena had 6 abreast and went bankrupt as well. Some companies fly the same planes 5 in a row, and do still exist.

Comet

Post by Comet »

The Sabena Avro we went on was 5 abreast, with leather seats like the SNBA ones.
Louise

regi

Post by regi »

I must have been sick or what, but i do remember my flight to berlin in September 2004 : 6 abreast and very cramped.

C-117

Post by C-117 »

(Please don't consider this off topic!) But, on an earlier day in another discussion: I made mention of how much I sure do miss climbing the steps to board the magnificent Constellation when I was a kid, smiling, friendly and courteous "stewardesses", meal service, plastic pilot's wings, and of course the hum of four enormous Pratt & Whitney recips to lull me to sleep. We used to call them "airlines", but now it's the "airline INDUSTRY"...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

regi wrote:I must have been sick or what, but i do remember my flight to berlin in September 2004 : 6 abreast and very cramped.
Then it was certainly Lufthansa. :(
André
ex Sabena #26567