Stupid Questions and Comments

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
SN30952

Won't notice?

Post by SN30952 »

Did you really think passengers' comments can beat the airlines' comments?
Here is one:
United seeks cuts passengers won't notice
Is it this what airlines say when moving toward the exit sign in bankruptcy?
United is trying to avoid cuts in areas that make a difference to its passengers — such as pillows, blankets and Economy Plus, a sseating section with extra legroom.

Won't notice? Passengers are citizens, and not stupid...

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

Here is an interesting episode. A woman checks in in FLL going to Day at a kiosk. When completed she, without looking, graps all the papers that are in the kiosk. A man going to ROA left his ticket in the kiosk.
The woman gets to CLT and goes to her conecting gate to DAY. The gate agent tells here that she is at the wronh gate and needs to go to E13A. The woman checks in a leaves on the plane at E13A. She was quite suprised whem she got to ROA. How mant people where in the wrong here?

earthman

Post by earthman »

I can see two people at fault here: the woman and the gate agent.

The woman should have checked what plane she is getting on! Never blindly trust someone giving you directions, even if they should know what they are talking about! I once was in a situation kind of like that, when I was about 14 (that was in another century :-)). I going from Amsterdam to Hoofddorp by train, and had to change trains at Schiphol. The conductor told me to get on the train on the other side of the platform at Schiphol. The first train which stopped there was the international train to Brussels, which doesn't stop in Hoofddorp, only in Leiden. Of course I only realized this after the train didn't stop in Hoofddorp and I had to take a train back from Leiden. Of course I can blame the conductor for telling me to get on that train, but I should have checked on the display whether it stopped where I needed to be.

Gate agents should check whether the person matches the ticket. The gate agent would then have noticed that the ticket did not belong to the woman, and would not have sent her away. You said the ticket belonged to some man, well, this information is usually on the ticket, so even without checking ID the agent could have noticed that there's a MRS not a MR standing there.

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

Here's an anoying comment:
Today it was 88*F in CLT. I've been out in the heat for 4 hours and everyone getting off the planes tell me, "It's hot out here". As if I don't know that!

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Hehe, here in Belgium it's usually the opposite.

People coming back in winter from their holiday in Egypt (temperatures of 25+°C),... and dressed in t-shirts and shorts will often complain about how cold it is in BRU. (below 10°C)

Well duh :roll:

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

ryanvsnow wrote:..... She was quite suprised whem she got to ROA. How mant people where in the wrong here?
And what about security checks at US airports?
Now you see how easy you can get the wrong person on a domestic flight. All the SEP11 were DOMESTIC flights.....

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

SN30952 wrote:And what about security checks at US airports?
Now you see how easy you can get the wrong person on a domestic flight. All the SEP11 were DOMESTIC flights.....
You are correct sir. This doesn't speak highly of TSA. I makes me wonder: What do they look at when they check your I.D.?

Jean

Post by Jean »

ryanvsnow wrote:
You are correct sir. This doesn't speak highly of TSA. I makes me wonder: What do they look at when they check your I.D.?
It's like taking a bus, over there in the States...

Coming out of Europe, you are practically undressed stripped, full search ;)

And when you enter the Domestic terminal it's all free , liberty and love :) I mean, nice to walk in, not so nice, security wise...

lowflyby

Post by lowflyby »

I had this charter today and it was late inbound because of the thunderstorms in MIA. We were taking the passengers from the hanger to the North Terminal. The plane was no where to be seen...(727-200) and one of the passengers asked me (after I just told him it was delayed out of MIA and will be here in 15 min) is the plane here!!! What part of delayed did he not understand??????????

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

Another favorite: "What do you mean, Our plane has maintanance?" What part of "Your plane has maintanance" did you not understand?

TMT98

Post by TMT98 »

Once during check-in a lady asked next to me to the check-in madam: 'does this airplane has windows? because I saw some planes which didn't had any windows on it...'

guess she doesn't know what the word 'Cargo' means.. :roll: :?

regi

Post by regi »

yes, i do believe you pulled her black bag of the plane because she wa sblack as well.

hmmmm

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

Another one: "Do you have any idea who I am?"
or "I'm a very important person."

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

One time a guy had a bag that was too large for the overhead and had to be placed into the cargo bin. His resoponce to us was: "Becareful with that. It has important government documents in it." If they were so important why did he tell us? Why was it not handcuffed to his arm?

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

744rules wrote:Years ago, when I was a checkin agent, I asked the pax in front of me :" smoking or non-smoking".

The woman replied : " do we have to decide this here ?".

After my "Yes", she said : " OK, we'll have 2 cartons of Marlboro"

An classic one, when pax are brought to the a/c by bus : But I paid for an airplane ticket

People in the queue, when they asked : Is this the plane to Magala ? When my colleague said it was the flight to Malaga-Spain, the woman turned to her husband and said : I told you our Lires would be unusefull :wink:
(this was in the pre-euro era)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

twotter24

Post by twotter24 »

ryanvsnow wrote:
I know...apparently being a blond haired, blue eyed, 20 year old girl is the new face of terrorism. Every flight i am a passenger on, I am always the one being strip searched by the 55 year old lesbian TSA person.

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

Yesterday, 17June, a man showed up late to his flight to PWM (Portland, ME). He got to the gate as it was pushing back. The gate agent told him that he was too late. Determined to make his flight he ran to the next door down which was boarding, pushed through the people, ran outside and to the plane as the pushback tug was being disconnected. My friend Jamie Ramierez was the Driver and Unit Supervisor. Jamie tackled the man and held him down till the police showed up. When he saw the cops he hit Jamie and ran. He only got another 50 yards till he was taken down again. When asked why he did it he said: "I had to make that flight. You people always leave me behind and this time I wasn't going to put up with it." I don't believe he will be flying any time soon.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

You people always leave me behind and this time I wasn't going to put up with it.

This is the best i've heard so far being in this industry :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

ryanvsnow wrote:Yesterday, 17June, a man showed up late to his flight to PWM (Portland, ME). He got to the gate as it was pushing back. The gate agent told him that he was too late. Determined to make his flight he ran to the next door down which was boarding, pushed through the people, ran outside and to the plane as the pushback tug was being disconnected. My friend Jamie Ramierez was the Driver and Unit Supervisor. Jamie tackled the man and held him down till the police showed up. When he saw the cops he hit Jamie and ran. He only got another 50 yards till he was taken down again. When asked why he did it he said: "I had to make that flight. You people always leave me behind and this time I wasn't going to put up with it." I don't believe he will be flying any time soon.
This is the most stupid person that I have ever read about.
:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

bigjulie wrote:This is the most stupid person that I have ever read about.
:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:
Glad I could full-fill that for you.