Stupid Questions and Comments

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
earthman

Post by earthman »

I do not agree; while they might have had bags to check in, I have doubts about whether they had brains to begin with.

KLM is trying something 'new' this summer; they close the door of the aircraft 10 minutes before departure time. Anyone arriving at the gate after the door is closed is out of luck. They will try this on a few routes, to see how passengers react to it (I assume they mean the ones already on the plane, who now won't have to wait for those who can't be bothered to be at the gate at the designated time).

lowflyby

Post by lowflyby »

They already do that in the US!! People need to learn to be on time. Most airlines have that policy and people have to stick by it...they don't like it but you have to put limits on how long you are to wait!

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

I love the people that show up as the plane is pushung back and demand that we stop the A/C to put them on. "What do you mean I'm too late, it's right there."

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

My favorite All-Time Stupid Question:
"I just checked in. Is my bag gonna make it?" Do you realize how much valuable information you just left out. I just nod and say "Yes".

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

-Fuerteventura via Lanzarote (screen above my head at check in)

Question (about 10 to 15 times). We're going to Lanzarote sir, are we making a stop in Fuerteventura?

-Is this the right queue for the flight to Benidorm? (no madam, this one's for Alicante, sorry :lol: )

Sorry sir, you're too late. The flight to Frankfurt leaves in three minutes. Reply: What do you mean, I'm too late, I can still make it, I can run :lol:

How many bags would you like to check in, please?
Reply: Yes :? Sounds incredibly stupid but it happens alot (same when you ask "window or aisle seat, sir?" some people just answer yes :? )

Good morning sir, madam.
Reply: Can we have window seats, in front of the plane? :cry:

You cannot take that with you as handluggage sir, it weighs 24 kg (really happened). Handluggage is strictly limited to 6kg.
Reply: Yes, but there's four of us travelling so it's okay, right?

No sir it's not okay, sigh...

I'm sure I can think of more. Sometimes those passengers are so funny :wink:

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Its true though. It brightens up everyday when someone ( because there is ALWAYS one! ) comes up with a stupid comment/question.

Keep them coming!

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

BOB-
Your comments reminded me of my latest flight out of STT to CLT. In STT US Airways has 2 Ticket Counters:
1)1481-CLT
2)299 - PHL
The signs over the ticket counters that correspond with the correct flight are about 4ft' tall and 5ft' wide. Very hard to miss.
Because the flight to CLT leaves first (about an hour) the PHL people want to get in line for CLT because its quicker.
"What do you mean I'm in the wrong line! Can't you check me in just this once?!"

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

This Afternoon while inside the concourse checking the ETA of PSA flight US2246 JAX-CLT a woman in her mid thirties came up and asked if I could upgrade he to first class. While explaining to her that I didn't do that and redirected her to the Special Service Counter where it could only be done, she stormed off screaming "Customer Service here sucks! It's no wonder your bankrupt!"

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

stupid stupid people.....

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

heathrow wrote:stupid stupid people.....
Well I heard a saying once: A person is smart, people are stupid.
Most of this is ignorance - They just don't know better

vivek0072

Post by vivek0072 »

Just before landing at LAX on a flight from SIN the lady next to me(sitting at the window) wakes up and looks outside and says...

'Are we at LAX ?(looks outside )....it looks like LAX..(the captain announces that we will land at LAX in a few minutes)..Thank god its LAX ."

I could not believe, she was on the plane for so many hours and was not sure as to where it was headed to. 8O

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

I hear stories about flight crews waking up in hotels and not remember what city they are in.

Today we had a woman traveling back from vacation (holiday) headed home to Mobile, AL (MOB). She came to CLT on Lufthansa inbound from MUC with a 4 hour lay-over. She asked me if I had seen her dog. I said yes its on the plane. She then asked if I would let her dog out and let it walk around since it's probably sad about being in the cage for so long. (Sure let me just walk it up and down the runway for you)

C-117

Post by C-117 »

Reading the above posts I can only surmise that one - and perhaps only one - advantage when flying as a pax in former-Soviet countries is that NOBODY asks dumb questions. Get your ticket, say good-bye to your luggage at check-in, get on board and be grateful when you land at a destination that you are lucky enough arrive and be reunited with your luggage. Besides, even if you were to ask a dumb question, you know that the answer would be more idiotic than what you asked!

ryanvsnow

Post by ryanvsnow »

About 1700 today I was outside of Zone D baggage claim, smoking a cigarette, when I was approched by a couple asking when B terminal was. I pointed left and said that it was 3 doors down, approx 200 yards. The woman then asked "Would it be faster to walk around the airport?"

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Years ago, when I was a checkin agent, I asked the pax in front of me :" smoking or non-smoking".

The woman replied : " do we have to decide this here ?".

After my "Yes", she said : " OK, we'll have 2 cartons of Marlboro"

An classic one, when pax are brought to the a/c by bus : But I paid for an airplane ticket

People in the queue, when they asked : Is this the plane to Magala ? When my colleague said it was the flight to Malaga-Spain, the woman turned to her husband and said : I told you our Lires would be unusefull :wink:
(this was in the pre-euro era)
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

I remember an incident that once during the very early stages of my aviation life, a woman once was going to Kathmandu by air.

I asked her if she was flying to 'Nepal' to which she said, she was going to Kathmandu a foreign country and not Nepal.

Imagine :wink: ppl do not know where they are even going.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

I can't remember where I heard this one, I thought on tv, but it's going about a lady, she was traveling to Surinam. The gate was closing and she was running to the gate. When she came there the gate agent said "You're just ontime, the bus is already waiting for you". The exhausted reaction of that women (so nice...): "The bus?!?!... I thought I was going by plane to Surinam...?!?!".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

earthman

Post by earthman »

Maybe it was an airbus?

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Flying_Dutchman wrote:I can't remember where I heard this one, I thought on tv, but it's going about a lady, she was traveling to Surinam. The gate was closing and she was running to the gate. When she came there the gate agent said "You're just ontime, the bus is already waiting for you". The exhausted reaction of that women (so nice...): "The bus?!?!... I thought I was going by plane to Surinam...?!?!".

Show on tv was called "Het leven zoals het is: luchthaven" (Life the way it is: airport - literal translation, sorry :lol: ).

This lady was going to Surinam with Citybird. She had a lot of trouble finding the gate as well :) . Think I still have it on tape somewhere...

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

Bob_Marcotte wrote:
Flying_Dutchman wrote:I can't remember where I heard this one, I thought on tv, but it's going about a lady, she was traveling to Surinam. The gate was closing and she was running to the gate. When she came there the gate agent said "You're just ontime, the bus is already waiting for you". The exhausted reaction of that women (so nice...): "The bus?!?!... I thought I was going by plane to Surinam...?!?!".

Show on tv was called "Het leven zoals het is: luchthaven" (Life the way it is: airport - literal translation, sorry :lol: ).

This lady was going to Surinam with Citybird. She had a lot of trouble finding the gate as well :) . Think I still have it on tape somewhere...
Ow that's nice, it's was a time ago... but it's possible. I always watched "Het leven zoals het is - Luchthaven" too.

;)