Music

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Leo

Music

Post by Leo »

Hi guy's,

to contribute to this chit-chat forum :) , I'd like to know what music you prefer.

I'm in for lounge, easy listening and downbeat.
Must be the age :) :wink:

Greetings,
Leo

Comet

Post by Comet »

I had thought of asking this question myself Leo, you got there before me!!

I like alot of music, but never jazz, heavy classics, country and western, Irish music, rap, reggae or that dreadful dance/club stuff you get deafening you from cars at this time of year.

I like pop music (no favourite groups or anything, if I like a song I buy the CD, no matter who sings it). I like some Madonna stuff, I used it to back the last couple of videos I made on holiday - "Like A Prayer" is a superb backing for VLM footage believe it or not. "American Pie" goes well with Brugge and the footage I took inside a Sabena 737 back in 2001. The ultimate video backing song for me has to be "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel, I used it to back all the Sabena footage I've got on video (and more recently SNBA footage) and now whenever I hear that song, it brings back the memories of Sabena (you guys will think I am really stupid for saying all that!!)
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Leo

Post by Leo »

Hi Comet,

Madonna is not bad. Her best album is "Ray of light" in my opinion.
There are a few songs that gives me "goosepimpels", like "Unfinished sympathy" from Massive Attack and others...

:oops: , I have some country music cd's, but that's more to collect than to listen too.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

My favourites are classic, especially the romantics, and opera. But I don't dislike classic rock (I'm listening to Jimi Hendrix on Netscape Radio while writing this), easy listening, jazz and blues.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I like rap and things like that, but there are so many songs I like in the Prima Donna (on Radio Donna offcourse).

Madonna is good,I like hollywood (her song)

So I like so many kind of music, sometimes (when I go crazy) I like music of the 60ties!

Regards,

Rutger

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well, I actually like all kinds of musics, as long as there isn't too much techno. :wink:
Comet wrote: I like some Madonna stuff, I used it to back the last couple of videos I made on holiday - "Like A Prayer" is a superb backing for VLM footage believe it or not. "American Pie" goes well with Brugge and the footage I took inside a Sabena 737 back in 2001. The ultimate video backing song for me has to be "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel, I used it to back all the Sabena footage I've got on video (and more recently SNBA footage) and now whenever I hear that song, it brings back the memories of Sabena (you guys will think I am really stupid for saying all that!!)
You should show us your videos sometime. Do you have them on your computer :?:

Ciao
Chris :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

There are several to reply to at once here!!
Andre - my Mum insists that I tell you she too likes to listen to Jimi Hendrix (personally I hate his stuff, but that's me!!)
BIVA - Yes, "Hollywood" is a good song, it did quite well in the UK charts not so long ago.
Chris - I would love to show more people my videos, but I don't have a digital camcorder, only an analogue 8mm one that needs to be connected to a VHS video for editing (I wouldn't have the first idea how to transfer to a computer, but if I did, I promise I would show them to any of you who wanted to see them). My VLM take off footage from last year is particularly good, that's the beauty of spotting at London City.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet,

I don't know how you can put those VHS films on your computer but if I find the answer I'll tell you, because I definately want to see those LCY movies. They must be spectacular :lol:

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BIVA wrote:So I like so many kind of music, sometimes (when I go crazy) I like music of the 60ties!
Rutger, I too didn't know you were only 13. But you should not be crazy to listen to music of the 60ties; they also belong to my favourites (but maybe I'm crazy :wink: ).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Well, A few weeks ago, a friend of my parents got married, and there was a song named 'Paradise by the dashbord light' or something, and that was soo good !

No, but I drunk 2 beers, and all that heat in that place, then I get crazy!

There was also a nice girl there, but this going to :offtopic: (sorry, It was my dream to use this emoticon! :lol: )

Regards,
Rutger

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well if you really want to tell us everything about this girl then you can start a new topic about it. :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

That's were the luchtzak pub goes about, Rutger, tell us everthing about the girl ;)

/Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Bart can give a big party from luchtzak :wink: Then you can see it with your own eyes :lol:
Last edited by Zorba on 15 Dec 2010, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Wow Rutger the crazy lady-spotter!! 3 kisses !! Can't wait to see a picture of your lady ;-)

Ciao,

Bart
:rock:

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Oh bart! I knew that I forgot something!! lol :lol:
Last edited by Zorba on 15 Dec 2010, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Comet

Post by Comet »

So BIVA - you can talk about your holiday but I can't talk about mine, well well well!!!
My holiday which involves travel on a Belgian airline, spotting at three airports (including two in Belgium) and the possibility of photographing a meal of an airline not currently in the database (VLM) is off limits on here!!!!
But you're a guy and I'm a girl. Says it all really, doesn't it???
Louise

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Comet, I'm realy sorry, but just tell us 2 pages of your flight, i'm shure we like it!

But because my English isn't very good, you have explain to me what you wrote ... I don't get it :roll:

Regards,

Rutger

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

For not going :offtopic: , I like Q-Music (remember the VEX aircraft) :wink:

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Indeed Robin, we should stick here to the basic issue: music.
So, for those who are interested 8O , I give an overview of my "music-periods" in my life.
I' was born in '63 so you have an idea of my age in those days.

In the early '70s I was a huge fan of ABBA. My bedroomwalls were covered with posters of the swedish megagroup (in those days). I remember having some butterflys in my belly everytime Agnetha (the blond one ofcourse) appeared on the tv screen.

At the end of the '70s I became, under influence of friends, a hardrock fan.
I became a champ in airguitar :wink: on the (very loud) tones of The Scorpions, Rainbow, UFO, AC/DC and other ear damaging hardrock groups.

Begin '80s I changed intrest to New Wave. Now that was a fine period of my life! Wearing white sportsshoes, green or blue trousers and red or other coloured t-shirts and dancing the night away! Wow! I don't even dare to think about this clothes again! :oops: But the music was fantastic!

Late '80s and in the '90s I loved all kinds of music. If there was a nice beat in it, it was OK for me. Never loved techno tough.

And now I'm in to this lounge thing. Not the Indie and Buddha bar stuff, just the good original lounge music.

My music collections goes from classic to dutch "kleinkunst" and ofcourse all the others mentioned above, and I have just one filmmusic cd: The Mission. Fantastis music!

So, dear readers, this was a little peace of my history.
Maybe some of you who are the same age as me (40 this year) will also remember these days.

Greetings,
Leo

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

I like most kinds of music but my favorite kind is country. My favorite singer is Toby Keith.
Onward and Upward...