Have you ever seen an An-22 from an angle like that . I says WOW 8O

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/392005/L/

What do you think of the shape of the aircraft

Greetz
Chris
:wink:

744rules

Post by 744rules »

It looks like they want to fight the laws of aerodynamics, but I am fully confident the designers knew what they were up to.

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

I say WOW to, what a big monstermachine, that you cant find only in Russia and Ostend!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yeah, the shape of the fuselage is really interesting from an aerodynamic point of view.

I, like it, it's so special :lol:

Ciao
Chris
:wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:interesting from an aerodynamic point of view.
If by that you mean that it is surprising that such a monster can fly, I agree.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Andries

Re: Great AN-22 pic

Post by Andries »

Avro wrote:Have you ever seen an An-22 from an angle like that . I says WOW 8O
Yes I have ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've taken some nightshot's of it when it was on Ostend in January. I walked around it to see it from every angle !

These are some of my pics :

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
My Avatar

These aren't all my pictures, I've got the inside and the cockpit too, but I didn't put those pics online ...

Greetz,

:twisted: EBOS :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Nice pics. Do you work there ?? Looks you have tarmac acces .

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

Looks like we met EBOS... 8)

Aren't you the guy that asked us if was 'something special' was comming on that night ? We were outside the gate with 4 people when 'the beast' landed that night. I remember it was freeeeeezing cold then.

Greetz
TOM

tom@aerobel.be
www.aerobel.be

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

That must be the Antonov that brought the Airbus 330-engine to Africa to replace a broken SN Brussels Airlines engine.... Right?

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:If by that you mean that it is surprising that such a monster can fly, I agree
Yeah, that's what I meant :wink:.
luchtzak wrote:That must be the Antonov that brought the Airbus 330-engine to Africa to replace a broken SN Brussels Airlines engine.... Right?
I think you're right Bart.

By the way, very nice pics EBOS

Ciao
Chris
8)

Andries

Post by Andries »

aerobel wrote:Aren't you the guy that asked us if was 'something special' was comming on that night ? We were outside the gate with 4 people when 'the beast' landed that night. I remember it was freeeeeezing cold then.
I was one of those 2 guys that was picked up by that yellow car when the Antonov had just made contact with the tower. We drove to the taxiway and waited for the beast there. Then we guided it to it's stand. A very impressing view when an AN-22 is chasing you ... :lol:
Was freezing indeed, -8°C :lol: But I was't the guy that asked you if something special was comming, because I knew it would come 2 day's before it was here.
744rules wrote:Nice pics. Do you work there ?? Looks you have tarmac acces .
No, I don't work there (yet), I'm just a simple spotter with some connections :wink: I've been spotting for 7 years at EBOS and I've been on the tarmac 4 times, the AN-22 was the 3'rd time, so you can't actually say I've got tarmac acces ... :(
Luchtzak wrote:That must be the Antonov that brought the Airbus 330-engine to Africa to replace a broken SN Brussels Airlines engine.... Right?
It was indeed that aircraft that brought the new engine to africa. That flight was here on the 3rd of january. The returnflight arrived in the early morning of january 9th and that's when the pics were taken. The Antonov then brought back the broken engine.

Greetz,

:twisted: EBOS :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

EBOS wrote: But I was't the guy that asked you if something special was comming, because I knew it would come 2 day's before it was here.
hmm we could clearly understand de sarcasm when one of you two asked us :wink: . Serious now... It was you, I remember two who got on the ramp. I can assure you, we were jealous :twisted:

But is was a great night... just the noise (read music) that it makes.

TOM

tom@aerobel.be
www.aerobel.be