Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Established02

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by Established02 »

Why is there a parking issue now, when we're not even in a holiday period?

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Apparently the Dutch are.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

From Brussels Airport: In the series "small things, big difference": the flights on the screens in the baggage reclaim hall are now arranged in alphabetical order.

André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Post by Stij »

sn26567 wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 16:25 From Brussels Airport: In the series "small things, big difference": the flights on the screens in the baggage reclaim hall are now arranged in alphabetical order.

In the US it's also for arrivals and departures... it's true that it's more logic!

Stij

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Established02 wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 15:12 Why is there a parking issue now, when we're not even in a holiday period?
The busiest periods for the front parkings are usually not the main holiday periods, but those periods where it is a combination of a lot of local business traffic and higher yield leisure people that travel outside the main season and short trip leisure traffic, so that's why BAC/Interparking usually has the biggest problems in May/June and September. Actual holiday traffic is more often using the cheaper parking lots a bit further away, either at the airport (such as BRUcargo) or outside the airport. The holiday period is also when troubles arise for the drop off, as a much bigger portion of that traffic is dropped off (family/friends/relatives or dedicated airport transport companies and even taxi) rather than driving themselves.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Aside from Pier A West, I hope they're also thinking about a new departures area... Today it's the most sad thing I've ever seen at an airport: walking trough a tent towards the departure hall from the drop off area is really not a long term solution... to say the least. Also the horrible bus station needs an update urgently (and not only some fresh paint like they've done recently). I hope BAC realizes this, and not focussing all their attention on new piers...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 16:25 From Brussels Airport: In the series "small things, big difference": the flights on the screens in the baggage reclaim hall are now arranged in alphabetical order.

I saw that last Monday, very handy!

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Boavida wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 17:41 Aside from Pier A West, I hope they're also thinking about a new departures area... Today it's the most sad thing I've ever seen at an airport: walking trough a tent towards the departure hall from the drop off area is really not a long term solution... to say the least. Also the horrible bus station needs an update urgently (and not only some fresh paint like they've done recently). I hope BAC realizes this, and not focussing all their attention on new piers...
Don't worry, everything will be renewed but it takes time, really a lot of time.

When you are an outsider you don't know how complicated everything is to apply, to arrange, to make the budget available via the shareholders, permissions, and what is taking the longest part is the bureaucracy.
Don't forget that it is not easy to start the complete makeover as you speak about more than 1000 busses who are passing daily. You have to find a back up for this. Besides, it is not making sence and spending money for a temporary solution while you have 2040 where everything is included according to a very tight schedule.

Once again, for an outsider everything is simple but do you really believe that BRU is not aware of this?? BRU is the FIRST one who think about this.

But once again, everything will be done on time.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 18:28
Boavida wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 17:41 Aside from Pier A West, I hope they're also thinking about a new departures area... Today it's the most sad thing I've ever seen at an airport: walking trough a tent towards the departure hall from the drop off area is really not a long term solution... to say the least. Also the horrible bus station needs an update urgently (and not only some fresh paint like they've done recently). I hope BAC realizes this, and not focussing all their attention on new piers...
Don't worry, everything will be renewed but it takes time, really a lot of time.

When you are an outsider you don't know how complicated everything is to apply, to arrange, to make the budget available via the shareholders, permissions, and what is taking the longest part is the bureaucracy.
Don't forget that it is not easy to start the complete makeover as you speak about more than 1000 busses who are passing daily. You have to find a back up for this. Besides, it is not making sence and spending money for a temporary solution while you have 2040 where everything is included according to a very tight schedule.

Once again, for an outsider everything is simple but do you really believe that BRU is not aware of this?? BRU is the FIRST one who think about this.

But once again, everything will be done on time.
'Ahum', I see a lot of double spendings when driving over tarmac at BRU. True, sometimes there is a longixch period (2 years) between two events, but still.

Freken

Post by Freken »

Brussels Airport has started construction of the two new airside fire stations. They will replace the current fire stations that have a lower capacity and dating infrastructure.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brussel ... -stations/

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Some of the seat USB chargers and outlets in terminal A are not working.

Frederic_K

Post by Frederic_K »

luchtzak wrote: 19 May 2017, 17:21 Some of the seat USB chargers and outlets in terminal A are not working.
As per my recent experience, some of the seat USB chargers and outlets in terminal A are working. Majority isn't .

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Very impressive. New fire stations. Well done Brussels Airport

Credit: Brussels Airport

Last edited by sn26567 on 20 May 2017, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Renovation of the iconic landmark Sky Hall in progress (Picture Olivier Foucart)

André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

sn26567 wrote: 20 May 2017, 18:23 Renovation of the iconic landmark Sky Hall in progress (Picture Olivier Foucart)

Nice :)
Hasta la victoria siempre.

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

sn26567 wrote: 20 May 2017, 18:23 Renovation of the iconic landmark Sky Hall in progress (Picture Olivier Foucart)

Any further info on its purpose?

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

I'm afraid it won't have passenger purposes :( it woud be so nice to check in there with vieuw on the airplanes...

Frederic_K

Post by Frederic_K »

Atlantis wrote: 19 May 2017, 20:52 Very impressive. New fire stations. Well done Brussels Airport

Credit: Brussels Airport

https://youtu.be/gXDFMgq36mI
Nice building! Only issue which comes to mind is the giant running distance to reach certain vehicles (panning shot at 00:29)

Sai

Post by Sai »

According to this article (Dutch): Brussels airport is going for 'luxury' and going to invest in wellness, a gym and gastronomy.

After passing the security checks passengers would be able to enjoy, for example, a massage awaiting their flight.
Brussels Airport also wants to offer a luxurious update for its eateries. At the moment there would be talks with a "big name" in the gastronomic world to open a luxury restaurant.
Airports in the neighboring countries have also become more and more luxurious. Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt put on gym and wellness facilities and Brussels Airport can not be left behind, according to the article.

Anyone more info?

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

BRUpilot wrote: 20 May 2017, 19:30

Any further info on its purpose?
Does someone have a photo of the renovated iconic skyhall (exterior and interior) please ? Moreover, who CAN provide pics regarding works in progress ?