Brussels Airlines OO-SFM to Ougadougou holding above Belgium

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Homo Aeroportus

Re: Brussels Airlines OO-SFM to Ougadougou holding above Belgium

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

RTM wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 14:10 ..... As for the A332, it is an option you could have installed. Though not mandatory. But its extra fuel capacity can make it more attractive to dump rather than to burn off fuel. Having said that though, none of the SN A332 are fitted with the system.
Thanks RTM for a clear explanation.
This is a shot I took a couple of years ago on board SFU and indeed it doesn't appear to be operational.
OO-SFU.JPG
H.A.

RTM

Post by RTM »

Duke wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 20:10
RTM wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 14:10 The fuel dumping capabilities of an A330...
For the A333 it is no option. Just simply not installed.
Do you mean no option for the A333 of Brussels Airlines, or for every A333 ?

Best regards,

Duke
Not an option for any A333. It is an A332 only system.

abidjantraveller

Post by abidjantraveller »

Hi, perhaps one of you can help me? I was a passenger on this flight and am trying to find details of the rescheduled flight for my insurance claim. I need to know the actual departure time (I think it was around 7:30pm though scheduled for 6pm) and landing time in Abidjan. (The original flight was supposed to be Brussels-Ouagadougou-Abidjan, but the rescheduled flight went Brussels-Abidjan-Ouagadougou.) I'm only finding details for the original flight. Sorry for such a dumb question.

As for everyone wondering how the passengers reacted, I can confirm the passenger experience was not great. We weren't allowed to get out of our seats for over an hour after departure, and then we were given snacks but not an actual meal, and only water. We kept being told we'd be descending in approximately 30 minutes but obviously that never happened. We did get meal vouchers on arrival, although it took me over an hour to get my vouchers and new boarding pass. That said, I think most of us were just grateful to land safely. Cheers!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Luchtzak, abidjantraveller. Hopefully someone will get the answer to your question very soon.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

abidjantraveller wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 12:13 Hi, perhaps one of you can help me? I was a passenger on this flight and am trying to find details of the rescheduled flight for my insurance claim. I need to know the actual departure time (I think it was around 7:30pm though scheduled for 6pm) and landing time in Abidjan. (The original flight was supposed to be Brussels-Ouagadougou-Abidjan, but the rescheduled flight went Brussels-Abidjan-Ouagadougou.) I'm only finding details for the original flight. Sorry for such a dumb question.

As for everyone wondering how the passengers reacted, I can confirm the passenger experience was not great. We weren't allowed to get out of our seats for over an hour after departure, and then we were given snacks but not an actual meal, and only water. We kept being told we'd be descending in approximately 30 minutes but obviously that never happened. We did get meal vouchers on arrival, although it took me over an hour to get my vouchers and new boarding pass. That said, I think most of us were just grateful to land safely. Cheers!
It is quite difficult to extract the data from a confusing table on Flightradar24.com/data, but here is what I gather were the actual times (plane was OO-SFU):

BRU (second) departure: 7:43 pm local time
ABJ arrival: midnight local time (GMT)

ABJ departure: 1:47 am lt
Ouaga arrival: 2:55 am lt (GMT)

Ouaga departure: 4:03 am lt
BRU arrival: 11:20 am lt

These times are actual take-off and landing, not gate to gate.

abidjantraveller

Post by abidjantraveller »

Thank you so much!