Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bralo20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Bralo20 »

Airbus A330 wrote:I don't think SFX already needs a repaint (but I can be wrong of course).

I guess it's for the cabin renewal to SN standards. ;)
Wasn't that done by LH Technics in Malta before?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Bralo20 wrote:
Airbus A330 wrote:I don't think SFX already needs a repaint (but I can be wrong of course).

I guess it's for the cabin renewal to SN standards. ;)
Wasn't that done by LH Technics in Malta before?
SFX was not fitted with a new interior uppon entry into service earlier this year, so that's indeed planned in Abu Dhabi now.

SN awarded Etihad Airways Engineering with (for SN) a large heavy maintenance contract for the A330 fleet, including 6 A330 C-checks. So it will not be last A330 that we see leaving for Abu Dhabi this winter.

convair

Post by convair »

stragke wrote:
The sfx to Abu Dhabi
PNG
According to FR24, it went to Hahn. New interior?

avroflyer_1

Post by avroflyer_1 »

OOSFX will be in Hahn for aprox. 1 month for its cabin retrofit ;)

OOSFY is indeed in AUH for its C-check
OOSNA is also in the proces of getting its c-check but it is in TLL

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

avroflyer_1 wrote:OOSFX will be in Hahn for aprox. 1 month for its cabin retrofit ;)
Globalisation...
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

avroflyer_1 wrote:OOSFX will be in Hahn for aprox. 1 month for its cabin retrofit ;)

And OO-DWK in Exeter.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

As we already know,the short/medium haul fleet of Brussels Airlines will be within 1 year a A319/A320 fleet with some regional wet lease which will be gradually added.

It's cheaper for an airlines to have 5 wetleased aircraft from a type than having it in it's own fleet, but when the wetleased fleet will rise to 15 aircraft, wouldn't it be cheaper then to have those aircraft on it's own?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

The 10th Airbus A330-200 will fly to BOM . Any news about the 11th one ? Or do we have to wait what will happen with LH ? Thx.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Flightglobal reported this a few days ago: "CityJet to base Superjets at Southend and Brussels". The article (I don't know if you can access it without subscription) mentions that CityJet is hiring Superjet pilots and cabin crew for London Southend and pilots for Brussels. The Southend crew (also for RJ85) is almost certainly because of the (provisional) deal they signed with Stobart Air to operate up to 18 routes for them out of Southend as from April 2017. But what about BRU...do we see a SN wet-lease contract (part of the final RJ100 replacements in 2017) coming here or does CityJet has other plans with BRU?

http://dashboard.flightglobal.com/app/# ... =federated

Currently operating 3 of them, CityJet is currently expecting another 12 of these 98-seaters (and they still have options that they are considering to convert) and never made a secret of it that they see an important market in wet-lease operations (a big mainline customer is SAS with 8 CRJ900's, but they want more of such agreements).

Or is it coincidence that CityJet is looking for Brussels-based Superjet pilots just now? In that case, still interesting to figure out what is coming... :mrgreen:

Duke

Post by Duke »

OO-SFY seems to be back in Brussels as from today...
When will OO-SFX be ready?

Regards,

Duke

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Duke wrote:

When will OO-SFX be ready?

Regards,

Duke
very soon ;)

Magiktrix

Post by Magiktrix »

OO-SFN is actually enroute to N/A with callsign BEL 9903. Its a ferry.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Magiktrix wrote:OO-SFN is actually enroute to N/A with callsign BEL 9903. Its a ferry.
OO-SFN is flying the opposite route as OO-SFY yesterday. So, I presume a ferry to Abu Dhabi for its C-check?
So this means the end of the active careers of the oldest A-330's is not yet in sight (keeping them in service till 2018?)?

Regards,

Duke

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Duke wrote:
Magiktrix wrote:OO-SFN is actually enroute to N/A with callsign BEL 9903. Its a ferry.
OO-SFN is flying the opposite route as OO-SFY yesterday. So, I presume a ferry to Abu Dhabi for its C-check?
So this means the end of the active careers of the oldest A-330's is not yet in sight (keeping them in service till 2018?)?

Regards,

Duke
Regardless when they retire they still needs to be current on maintenance, it's not only required by regulations it's most likely a contractual obligation issued by the lessee of the plane. ;)
Last edited by Bralo20 on 22 Nov 2016, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

RTM

Post by RTM »

Bralo20 wrote:Regarding when they retire they still needs to be current on maintenance, it's not only required by regulations it's most likely a contractual obligation issued by the lessee of the plane. ;)
The first part of this statement is deffinately true. Maintenance will have to be up to date until and including the last flight. No way around that.
The second statement is not so sure... It all depends on the contract. As these machines approach end of life anyway, the lessor and the airline probably agreed on a "as is" redelivery. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that spending a lot of money on a C-check prior to redelivery, only for it to be ferried to the desert and be taken apart, is a waste of time and money. So, that will not happen.
If it is getting a C-check now, that means it will remain in service for some time to come. Or a least, that will be the intention.

convair

Post by convair »

convair wrote:Meanwhile OO-SFY is now approaching Abu Dhabi. Presumably their paintshop is waiting for it?
That was on October 27.

Now, yesterday:
Duke wrote:
avroflyer_1 wrote: OOSFY is indeed in AUH for its C-check
Duke
C-check or paint job? 3 weeks seems short for a C-check; some of them took about 2 months last year.

I remember another A330 ( V or W?) went to Abu Dhabi for a paint job a few months ago.

Airbus2016

Post by Airbus2016 »

Something else,
Does anybody know why the flights to NY are irregular? Its already the second time this week there isn't a flight on flightradar?

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I believe Y will leave first as she has the most hours (and flies longer routes), probably around mid '19. I also believe the lease contracts of M/N/O will be extended into (to the end of) '19. Probably more on this when the replacement aircraft and schedule is known.

Of course, C-checks need to be done to keep the ac airworthy. End of lease conditions vary greatly. Usually they state a minimum time free from heavy checks (like next C-check, LDG gear OH, 6Y, 12Y, AD, mandatory SB, etc) or it can just be "ready for 10 flights".

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Airbus2016 wrote:Something else,
Does anybody know why the flights to NY are irregular? Its already the second time this week there isn't a flight on flightradar?
Not according to Flightaware: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BEL501

But indeed, there weren't flights on the 16th and yesterday, the 22nd.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

DeltaWiskey wrote:I believe Y will leave first as she has the most hours (and flies longer routes), probably around mid '19. I also believe the lease contracts of M/N/O will be extended into (to the end of) '19. Probably more on this when the replacement aircraft and schedule is known.
I always thought it was the amount of cycles that was important, not so much the time spent in the air?