Is Ryanair cheating their customers?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Is Ryanair cheating their customers?

Post by sn26567 »

From FlightRadar24:

FR3253 is a flight from Dusseldorf Weeze to London Stansted. It was scheduled to departure from Weeze at 06:50. It was the first flight of the day for the aircraft as there are no arrivals to Weeze before 06:50.

Today this flight departured at 16:31, which is an delay of about 9h and 40 minutes. The aircraft flying this flight is EI-ENL that has been standing on ground in Weeze for the whole day (since yesterday 22:35).

Now Ryanair on their web page claims that the delay is due to "Earlier weather diversion". The question is how can the first flight of the day be delayed because of "Earlier weather diversion" when the aircraft has been standing on ground since yesterday? Or is Ryanair just making up weather excuses to avoid paying EU261/04 compensation?

What do you think, are airlines telling us the truth about delays?
10478568_734022679970491_6670416592416582467_n.png
10509508_734023113303781_7921718596870633258_n.png
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Re: Is Ryanair cheating their customers?

Post by Stij »

A typo on the website?

Cheers,

Stij

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It's not because there is an airplane on the ground that a crew cannot be out of hours due to an earlier weather diversion. :roll: The reason also doesn't matter, compensation needs to be provided anyway.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Again ... Another insult :evil:
Sorry sean but couldn't you be a bit more friendly ?
I think it was a serious question which could have been popped out any other person when you see this data.
In GVA I had three times an hour delay with EZY and the reason given for this was three times the same over three other years! = bad weather in Belfast...
yeah right...
I do think pax are cheated by FR and with EZY and with AF/A5...
Any other reason is good if its fitted better then a technical,human errors,.. Weather fits always I guess..
But guess you can't confirm this Sean ? But its so obvious...

But yes... we might not tell these things about FR, but FR is just another company for me... Just as KL,AZ,AA..

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

SN1203

Post by SN1203 »

How long before anybody will bann sean1982?

Sn26567 posted a question in a neutral way, and indeed there could (and probably will) be an operational reason like crew rest behind the delay.

I'm fed up however with our Mr Oversensitive here who's again being provocative without any reason. Take a chill-pill, dude. You're not in the centre of the world. Get rid of your emotions, check your facts and maybe you'll ever be able to build up some credibility.

You probably just triggered bashing fight number 999. And obviously you'll feel personally attacked now. This forum is getting way too predictical.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Airplanes do not fly themselves, like I said , crew can go out of hours due to weather diversions (or strikes, ATC slots, etc...) no crew means ... Aircraft stays on the ground. That is not cheating passengers, its the reality of airline life

Is it me being oversensitive SN103, or this the 10th milion "let's bash RyanAir thread"? there is nothing "neutral" abou it. I'm sick of reading a constant stream of b*llsh*t about operational issues that every airline in the world deals with, but because FR stepped on some sensitive toes in Belgium are being put under a magnifying glass over and over again.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sean1982 wrote: I'm sick of reading a constant stream of b*llshit about operational issues that every airline in the world deals with, but because FR stepped on some sensitive toes in Belgium are being put under a magnifying glass over and over again.
The one with the sensitive toes is you, dude...

There's literally not a single topic about ryanair in which you don't feel the need to turn the discussion into a personal insult fest! Simply posting a factual reply to the pertinent question WITHOUT the seemingly unavoidable personal insults is just as informative and gets you -and your employer- much more respect, you know?

Seems like respect and restraint are just not part of the style of the house, are they? :mrgreen:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

tolipanebas wrote:
The one with the sensitive toes is you, dude...

There's literally not a single topic about ryanair in which you don't feel the need to turn the discussion into a personal insult fest! Simply posting a factual reply to the pertinent question WITHOUT the seemingly unavoidable personal insults is just as informative and gets you -and your employer- much more respect, you know?
Factual? The last time you were factual was in 1997
tolipanebas wrote:Seems like respect and restraint are just not part of the style of the house, are they? :mrgreen:
Respect? :D is that what you show here? Respect has to come from both sides, DUDE

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

When I created this topic (based on factual information only), I expected it would raise controversy. I have not been deceived... :evil:
André
ex Sabena #26567