Possible strike at Belgocontrol on 25 June

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Possible strike at Belgocontrol on 25 Jun

Post by sean1982 »

Nice drama: begging for a ticket, and all the time I thought people just buy tickets normally.
When you retire you can always start writing for familie or thuis :D
All of our flights out of BRU involved flying over france, so we were badly hit by yesterdays french strike.
Btw, since when is an airline who offers an airbridge and a bag "full service"?
Maybe you should take an apprenticeship at emirates or something to update your definition :D
Last edited by sean1982 on 25 Jun 2014, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

airazurxtror

Re: Possible strike at Belgocontrol on 25 June

Post by airazurxtror »

tolipanebas wrote: That is mainly for full service airlines like Brussels Airlines which decided to sit it out and fly out later, even overnight where this is possible, by relying in their contingency plans in case they end up in another wave of the strike upon arrival back in BRU.
Seeing the huge sums the high-cost airlines like Brussels Airlines wring from their customers, it's the very least that one would expect (and demand).
Last edited by airazurxtror on 25 Jun 2014, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

STOPPPPPPPPPPPP

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

SN cancelled flights as well.

But I agree, they can more easily come up with contingency plans and rebook passengers on LH or other airlines.

Now, Tolip, it's not like it is FR at fault here. ATCO was going on strike after all.
And what about when SN's pilots went on strike? Short memory?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I think you need to have another look on your company website panebas. Your "full service" employer has, like yesterday, cancelled another 10 flights today. 7 of them do not even involve flying over France? Great contingency planning there! :mrgreen:

SN2104 London Heathrow – Brussels
SN2728 Geneva – Brussels
SN3152 Milan Linate - Brussels
SN2706 Basel - Brussels
SN2592 Berlin - Brussels
SN2308 Stockholm - Brussels
SN2590 Berlin - Brussels
SN3730 Madrid - Brussels
SN3625 Brussels - Nice
SN3694 Lyon - Brussels

Btw, FR operates all flights today ;)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Oh god the Kindergarten has opened already... I thought they would only start in September again...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

You can thank the resident company pilot for that

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

sean1982 wrote:I think you need to have another look on your company website panebas. Your "full service" employer has, like yesterday, cancelled another 10 flights today. 7 of them do not even involve flying over France? Great contingency planning there! :mrgreen:

SN2728 Geneva – Brussels
SN2706 Basel - Brussels
SN2592 Berlin - Brussels
SN2590 Berlin - Brussels
SN3730 Madrid - Brussels
SN3625 Brussels - Nice
SN3694 Lyon - Brussels

Btw, FR operates all flights today ;)
Quite hard to operate flights when they are stuck at their destinations. Btw, what did you gave to the passengers of the cancelled FR flights? A €3 voucher? :mrgreen:
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

b-west

Post by b-west »

Honestly... can a moderator come in and get the children to behave? Sean, Tolipanebas and others, try to have a discussion in stead of a mud slinging competition. Those "sarcastic" remarks you boys keep throwing around really aren't all that witty or funny. Quite the contrary I would say.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sorry, I am abroad and unable to moderate with my phone.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk
André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sean1982 wrote:I think you need to have another look on your company website panebas. Your "full service" employer has, like yesterday, cancelled another 10 flights today. 7 of them do not even involve flying over France? Great contingency planning there! :mrgreen:

SN2728 Geneva – Brussels
SN2706 Basel - Brussels
SN2592 Berlin - Brussels
SN2590 Berlin - Brussels
SN3730 Madrid - Brussels
SN3625 Brussels - Nice
SN3694 Lyon - Brussels
If you would take a second to look at the routing of those flights, you'd notice these are RETURN flights from a nightstop service which couldn't leave yesterday evening once the strike had ended because those airports have a nightcurfew and do not accept night arrivals.... :roll:

FWIW, your much improved airline didn't even operate from BRU at all yesterday evening, not even on airports which do accept night arrivals without any problem: we know because we carried quite a few of your let down passengers to LIS, FCO, BCN.

But please elaborate what the customer friendly solution was your airline offered to all of its passengers on those affected flights which brutally got cancelled because of a mere 2 hour work interuption of ATC?
I suppose they all got to their planned destination by now, didn't they, so they could start their well deserved summer holiday after a year long of hard working, right? :mrgreen:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Whether or not they accept night arrivals is beside the point. But you coming here saying that SN operated all of their flights while in the meantime claiming that only FR cancelled their flights are just plain lies and another example of your arrogance.
The problem was NOT belgocontrol, but the french. Some of or flights received 7 HR slots.
We only cancelled flights because all of our flights out of BRU operate over france and our planes where stuck in outstations. Furthermore we wanted the airplanes to be back for the morning so we could operate a full schedule today, unlike yourself.

And btw, we dont need a strike to steal your passengers, they come by themselves, without being charged an arm and a leg.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sean1982 wrote:Whether or not they accept night arrivals is beside the point. But you coming here saying that SN operated all of their flights while in the meantime claiming that only FR cancelled their flights are just plain lies and another example of your arrogance.
Read again what I posted:
tolipanebas wrote:Brussels Airlines decided to sit it out and fly out later, even overnight where this is possible
Nowhere did I claim SN managed to operate ALL of its flights, but your airline cancelled ALL of their outbounds yesterday, regardless whether the destination airports allow for delayed night flights or not...

Besides, why don't you make use of the occasion to show to people the much improved services ryanair offers to its passengers? Please tell us how the affected Belgian holiday makers planned on flying on those cancelled ryanair flights yesterday evening are doing in Rome, Lisbon, Barcelona, Venice right now etc?
Or are they all back in Ronse, Lokeren, Brugge and Veurne if they didn't manage to find an alternative themselves to save their holdiday plans? :o
Last edited by tolipanebas on 26 Jun 2014, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

cnc

Post by cnc »

Flanker2 wrote:If you make a mistake out there, it's jail time, a lot of dead people on your mind, etc... So if you carry that kind of liabilities as part of your job, you should at least be rewarded as decently as possible instead of being paid the same salary that you can get working at Deloitte, where the greatest risk is financial loss.
5000 euro is still more than 4000, it means one less thing to worry about.
In the great scheme of things, if you ask me 4000 euro's is peanuts in today's currency.
You still have to work many many years on that salary to pay your house off and you need to keep some aside just in case you get fired... because if you do, it's not like being an ATCO is very useful on a resume...
so ATCO's are the only people facing jail time in aviation when making a mistake with deadly outcome?
or do you believe the others also make 5000 euro a month? and btw ATCO's would be perfect transport/logistics dispatchers so yes it is very useful on your CV
anyway the strike is pissing me off but i do understand the belgocontrol people.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

tolipanebas wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Whether or not they accept night arrivals is beside the point. But you coming here saying that SN operated all of their flights while in the meantime claiming that only FR cancelled their flights are just plain lies and another example of your arrogance.
Read again what I posted:
tolipanebas wrote:Brussels Airlines decided to sit it out and fly out later, even overnight where this is possible
Nowhere did I claim SN managed to operate ALL of its flights, but your airline cancelled ALL of their outbounds yesterday, regardless whether the destination airports allow for delayed night flights or not...

Besides, why don't you make use of the occasion to show to people the much improved services ryanair offers to its passengers? Please tell us how the affected Belgian holiday makers planned on flying on those cancelled ryanair flights yesterday evening are doing in Rome, Lisbon, Barcelona, Venice right now etc?
Or are they all back in Ronse, Lokeren, Brugge and Veurne if they didn't manage to find an alternative themselves to save their holdiday plans? :o
We offered them the same as what you offered your passengers on your cancelled flights, at a much cheaper price.

b-west

Post by b-west »

Or maybe you guys could just continue arguing over PM and come out with a joint declaration afterwards? Should give the rest a few months of rest here.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sean1982 wrote: We offered them the same as what you offered your passengers on your cancelled flights, at a much cheaper price.
Just so we know: what is the name of the hotel ryanair puts its passengers up at in BRU after they decided to simply cancel all their evening flights yesterday and thus forced all of their outbound passengers to overnight? 8-)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passengers are free to book any hotel they like and that will be fully re-imbursed :)

b720

Post by b720 »

What was (is) the strike about? Anyone knows the exact demands?
I think that the timing of this strike is deliberate and vicious, as disrupts the holidays of mostly
families with little children just at the beginning of the academic summer holidays. Families traveling already stressful enough, and very costly. Add to it flight cancellations and delays of hours and hours. One must be a sadist to even contemplate striking during this week in particular.

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

sean1982 wrote:Passengers are free to book any hotel they like and that will be fully re-imbursed :)
Let's hope they didn't put them in a Camping like the captains and cabin crew, hmm :?

http://newsmonkey.be/article/13733
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.