New day record for Brussels Airlines during Easter Holidays

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

woutertheboy

New day record for Brussels Airlines during Easter Holidays

Post by woutertheboy »

Brussels Airlines will today have brought more than 24,000 passengers to their destination. That's a one -day record for the airline .

" In total, more than 24,000 passengers have booked a ticket to a European , African or American destination of Brussels Airlines ," it reads . " Top Destinations these Easter holidays are intercontinental destinations New York , Senegal , Gambia and Kenya and European destinations Malaga , Nice , Barcelona , Seville , Venice , Rome , Lisbon , Faro , Catania , Palermo , Milan and Marseille . "

The daily record is due to a combination of people who go on vacation and home repeat expatriates , such as European officials , who usually leave on Friday , says Geert Sciot , spokesman for Brussels Airlines . He points out that the figure of more than 24,000 includes both the departing and the arriving passengers in Brussels . The departures are obviously better filled at this time.

The previous record day for Brussels Airlines was on April 27, 2012 , when 23,300 passengers were transported .

The Company records since early this year in their own words " just about every week a passenger increase of about 10 percent ."

Some things are going well at SN ;)
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: New day record for Brussels Airlines during Easter Holid

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

I am very happy about these figures! Brussels airlines truly deserve it! It seems that the Ryanair fuzz does not hurt them that much!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Speaking of Ryanair : during the last twelve months, Ryanair has carried 81.700.000 passengers.
That is to say a daily average of 224.000 passengers ...
That sets the "record" of Brussels Airlines in true perspective, doesn't ?
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

cnc

Post by cnc »

airazurxtror wrote:Speaking of Ryanair : during the last twelve months, Ryanair has carried 81.700.000 passengers.
lets compare the amount of miles flown per pax between UA or EK and FR... puts your ryanair back in perspective too huh?
you need mental help.

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

airazurxtror wrote:Speaking of Ryanair : during the last twelve months, Ryanair has carried 81.700.000 passengers.
Your child just ran the local 'veldloop' and got 1st place, you're proud of his achievement. Then this guy comes along and makes a pointless remark: "...but Usain Bolt runs it 10 times faster", just to put things in perspective he says.

You don't have to play the obvious, Ryanair is >10 times bigger, what else do you expect?

brusselsairlinesfan

Com'on guys! Pls avoid a new stupid SN vs FR thread.

SN1203

Post by SN1203 »

United carries almost 400.000 pax a day, who cares...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

woutertheboy wrote:Brussels Airlines will today have brought more than 24,000 passengers to their destination. That's a one-day record for the airline.
Just to make sure : this "today" refers to last Friday (4th April).

brusselsairlinesfan

Of course you cannot compare SN together with FR or UA traffic figures! Lets put things into perspectives...

b720

Post by b720 »

Seems that the most important info. Of the head posting is that SN has been recording
A ten % increase in pax carried almost every week this year. That detail got lost in the
Childish rant above..

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Oh oh. Looks someone made of fool of himself. AGAIN!!!

Stij

Post by Stij »

The personal remarks made in this discussion and in certain other discussions made me wonder what the average of age of some of you guys must me.

And as I don't want to be on a forum with toddlers, I decide to quit.

Have fun throwing mud at each other, but try to grow up a little.

I do apologize to the Luchtzak Team and other members and thank them for more than 9 years of (mostly) good discussions and information.

Adios,

Stij

brusselsairlinesfan

b720 wrote:Seems that the most important info. Of the head posting is that SN has been recording
A ten % increase in pax carried almost every week this year. That detail got lost in the
Childish rant above..
It is indeed the most important information here! May we stay focused on the main point : pax traffic figures/day record for brussels airlines?

sn47031

Post by sn47031 »

Nice pax figures BUT was is the EBIT (earnings before interest and tax?)
Sabena used to fly 100% LF from and to NRT with cheap Japanese TO Y-fares (tour operating) but was never profitable. Same situataion to JNB. So in brief pax and LF figures doesn't mean anything.
I am very interesting in the financial results of the 1st quarter of B-Air this year. In my opion B-Air is still too much overstaffed to be profitable. Christoph Müller saw the problem in the past at Sabena but was bypassed by unions, politicians, pilots, etc. I have my doubts but I when I see the results of B-AIR over the 10 years, I see another Sabena, Sobelair, Citybird or whatever disaster.

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

Stij wrote: And as I don't want to be on a forum with toddlers, I decide to quit.

I do apologize to the Luchtzak Team and other members and thank them for more than 9 years of (mostly) good discussions and information.
Real shame since your input was always added value to a discussion. plz reconsidder or sleep a night over it?

But to be honest, IMHO, the forum is going good lately, less tantrums and far less personal feuds in SNvsFR topics.. OK, the occasional line still pops up, but still.. What I mean is, a few months ago, EVERY DAY this board had some monologue/dialogue SNvsFR of pages and pages of indeed childish arguments, always from the same side btw ;) Just saying, it's not going that bad..

convair

Post by convair »

Stij,

I certainly understand your reaction to these childish posts, but don't let the toddlers push you out of this forum and leave them the field! Many of us here are still interested in positive and open discussions!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

To bring something new to this topic. I know it's a bit late in the season to talk about skiing holidays, but it's a trip report posted only yesterday. A nice overview on how Club Med and Brussels Airlines cooperate in arranging full package holiday concepts (a partnership which was recently expanded with another 2 (I believe) years with even more combinations which will be possible in these years). This is an example of the Fly & Ski holiday packages. Expensive, but you get a nice holiday which already starts at the airport with access to the Brussels Airlines (schengen) lounge and a flight in B.flex
http://www.polienne.com/2014/04/fly-ski ... lines.html

No doubt this Club Med partnership (of which the above holiday report is just one example) brings quite some amount of new passengers to SN (and people going on holiday with Club Med usually are not the typical low-budget travellers).

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Hum did you notice that Q400? 2 hours long trip? That must have been the end of the world for these girls who are not the typical low-budget travellers. Yet it doesn't seem to have bothered them.
Plus, I don't see the point of B.flex, you get a small amount of food and a drink.

Also, despite being an expensive package, Italians on an expensive holiday would be insulted to be served a pizza buffet for dinner or crepes as merenda.
Pizza is considered the working man's dish, not something you would eat in a classy hotel restaurant, and even so it's eaten hot from the oven, not presented on a buffet, baked god knows how many hours before. The only place that is acceptable is at your local Pizza Hut :lol:
Tomato mozzarella.... probably any Italian's last choice of antipasto... a poor choice.
The holiday Inn at BRU serves better breakfast than the one shown.

I think that this trip is way overpriced for what it offers and there is little class about it aside from the Club Med marketing that these girls were sold. If you book the hotel directly and fly there with Ryanair, you'd be spending the same holiday at less than half the price...more and more people are putting their own ski packages together.

I'd been pissed if I had forked out so much money for such low value.
Last edited by Flanker2 on 08 Apr 2014, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Squelsh wrote:
Stij wrote: And as I don't want to be on a forum with toddlers, I decide to quit.

Real shame since your input was always added value to a discussion. plz reconsidder or sleep a night over it?

But to be honest, IMHO, the forum is going good lately, less tantrums and far less personal feuds in SNvsFR topics.. OK, the occasional line still pops up, but still.. What I mean is, a few months ago, EVERY DAY this board had some monologue/dialogue SNvsFR of pages and pages of indeed childish arguments, always from the same side btw ;) Just saying, it's not going that bad..
After the talks I had with Stij via PM over the last couple of weeks, he was not nescessarely referring to the FR side.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Also, congraulations to SN for their new record.
The economy is helping them out and I'm sure that LH's strikes did help a hand too.
Another thing may be that their lower prices forced by the competition are attracting more passengers for them too. If SN can continue on their momentum, a break-even could be possible.

When is Vueling starting up their BRU base again?