Hainan Airlines hand luggage

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Devon Rex

Hainan Airlines hand luggage

Post by Devon Rex »

Hi all,

Anybody with experience on Hainan Airlines w..r.t. hand luggage? I'm travelling to PEK this Tuesday and I'm really surprised about their 'poor' hand luggage allowance.

I'm travelling business class and can take 2 pieces normally, but I'll only need 1 anyway. I'm used to take my Lowepro Computrekker along when travelling since it fits my camera and laptop, but it seems I'm not even allowed to take it... The limits seem to be 15 x 11 x 6 inches in business class, while my Lopewro is just a little bigger: 17.7 x 13.4 x 9.1 inches. Will they make an issue out of that when boarding? Never had any issues with my Lowepro on any other airlines (Brussels, Jetair, Thomas Cook, Air France, Air Mauritius...) and those were all economy on top.

Björn

HQ_BRU_Lover

Re: Hainan Airlines hand luggage

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Don't care too much about those 2 inches. They won't make fuzz about 2 inches on an expensive business class ticket...

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

just tell them what you tell your wife: "size doesn't matter!"

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Lysexpat wrote:just tell them what you tell your wife: "size doesn't matter!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Although 2'' could make the difference. :oops:

flymd11

Post by flymd11 »

Those 2 inches don't matter until you run into the wrong contracted checkin agent. Just be discreet about the hand luggage...