BRU winter 2012-2013: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bralo20

Re: BRU winter 2012-2013: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 »

sdbelgium wrote:According to a post on Flightlevel, they will be 3 class configured planes (leased from Jet Airways).
This is correct, the flight will be flown with the 3-class 773's, the flights are loaded and F-class is for sale on the route for TG934/935

I assume they have quite a big amount of premium traffic since they upgrade to a more premium configurated aircraft.

Config:

8x First (suites)
30x Business (Herringbone config)
274x Economy (32" pitch, 18,5" width)

Example:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com

Code: Select all

Seat Map Search:
Departing BRU on 17/02/13 for BKK
Flying TG flight 935 in First

A       D   G       K   
1       +       X   X       +       
2       +       X   X       +       
        A       D   G       K   

Seats
Premium Only             P                        
Available                +                        
Handicap-Accessible      H                        
Paid & Premium           #                        
Occupied                 -                        
Blocked                  X                        
Lavatory                 L                        
Paid                     $                        

Wing                     W                        
Upper Deck               U                        

wooji

Post by wooji »

TG news indicates that a brandnew aircraft will operate BKK-BRU.

http://www.prthaiairways.com/news/node/377.html

Mr. Chokchai Panyayong, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Business Development Department and Acting President, said that THAI has on order eight Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, for long haul flights across continents. This Boeing 777-300ER delivery is the first aircraft that is part of the Company’s corporate plan for aircraft acquisition and aircraft acquisition investment plan 2011-2017. These aircraft will replace the decommissioned aircraft, with the second Boeing 777-300ER aircraft being delivered in October 2012, and six more to be delivered in 2013.

With this first Boeing 777-300ER delivered, THAI will operate one daily flight between Bangkok and Narita (Tokyo); and will operate the Bangkok-Seoul-Los Angeles route and Bangkok-Brussels route when the second aircraft arrives.

fets

Post by fets »

So will it be the "First" Suites like or another product? I currently have a reservation on hold on BRU-BKK-SYD in November in F and would really like the suites! I would be really disappointed if it turns out there would be no F on this plane, and get downgraded to J.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

For the moment, the Suites are planned, contrary to earlier TG communication.

fets

Post by fets »

sdbelgium wrote:For the moment, the Suites are planned, contrary to earlier TG communication.
Thx! I asked confirmation from TG on twitter about the type of planes. Let's hope they actually sell some seats and they're not all used for award tickets like me. The thought of being the only one in an F cabin is appealing.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Polish media say SN will stop with their daily flight to WAW as from 28 October (currently mainly operated by RJ85), and it seems KRK will also stop. WAW-BRU will stay connected with 3 daily LOT flights during the weekdays, during the weekend it's 2 daily.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I think you'll aready find this reported on the very first page of this topic....

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

MR_Boeing wrote:Polish media say SN will stop with their daily flight to WAW as from 28 October (currently mainly operated by RJ85), and it seems KRK will also stop. WAW-BRU will stay connected with 3 daily LOT flights during the weekdays, during the weekend it's 2 daily.
Still it is very weird. I fly both waw and krk multiple times a month with both SN and LOT and this on every scheduled flight they offer.
Flight of LOT are always full (Embrear 175 or 195)
Flights of SN are not always full and this in case of krk but tickets are not so cheap.

In one way it is very weird also because Poland is a very fast growing country and one of the best in Europe at this moment.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Atlantis wrote: In one way it is very weird also because Poland is a very fast growing country and one of the best in Europe at this moment.
Not so very weird : there is now competition from CRL by Ryanair (to Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw Modlin) and Wizzair (to Warsaw Modlin), with attractively priced flights.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Inquirer wrote:I think you'll aready find this reported on the very first page of this topic....
Back then WAW was still loaded in GDS, but indeed WAW was mentioned as one of the routes that would end this winter.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

In general there is closure of several routes during (at least) the winter, or downsizing. I think it is good in order not to lose to much money (even if they do).

But they are surely not the only one. Look at LH for example:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/5564089/

Cheers,
Danny

jimyvr

Post by jimyvr »

DannyVDB wrote:In general there is closure of several routes during (at least) the winter, or downsizing. I think it is good in order not to lose to much money (even if they do).

But they are surely not the only one. Look at LH for example:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/5564089/

Cheers,
Danny
The post from a.net is copied from the report I did on 23AUG12 ;)
http://airlineroute.net/2012/08/23/lh-europe-w12/

The comparison is W11 vs W12. Although winter suspension/downsizing is a routine for each carriers, but this W12 reductions by LH seems to be somewhat "unusual". (Not included in the list is suspension of Berlin - Istanbul , which was reported on 28AUG12)

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

airazurxtror wrote:
Atlantis wrote: In one way it is very weird also because Poland is a very fast growing country and one of the best in Europe at this moment.
Not so very weird : there is now competition from CRL by Ryanair (to Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw Modlin) and Wizzair (to Warsaw Modlin), with attractively priced flights.
Are Ryanair & Wizzair doing well on these routes?

Isn't the Warsaw-Brussels route a bit overcrowded by too much competitors?

Anyway, sad to see SN surrender in Warsaw, one of the most dynamic cities in Eastern Europe...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

jimyvr wrote:The post from a.net is copied from the report I did on 23AUG12 ;)
Yes Jim, we know that you are the source for a lot of fresh information that many people reproduce without even quoting you. When we at Luchtzak use your information we always refer to your website. Thanks for the nice work!
André
ex Sabena #26567

jimyvr

Post by jimyvr »

sn26567 wrote:
jimyvr wrote:The post from a.net is copied from the report I did on 23AUG12 ;)
Yes Jim, we know that you are the source for a lot of fresh information that many people reproduce without even quoting you. When we at Luchtzak use your information we always refer to your website. Thanks for the nice work!
;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Here are the explanations from Brussels Airlines about the routes abandoned in winter season 2012-2013:

As stated in the Press Release we interrupt some destinations during the winter season as most of them are typical summer routes. Just like last year we do not operate in winter Naples, Catania, Firenze. We operated to Athens during some winter months last year (not in FEB/MAR for example) and this year we have decided to interrupt the route for the entire winter season due to low demand and the economic situation of the country. We continue to offer a good connection with Greece thanks to the excellent codeshare offer we have with our Star Alliance partner Aegean. Faro will not be operated this winter due to low demand and also due to the fact that the tour operators do not commit to fixed seat bookings this winter.

Warsaw (we operated only one single daily flight) has been cancelled as a result of our route & market review.

Pity for WAW (there used to be two daily SN flights in the past), but I guess that the competition of LCCs has taken its toll. And LOT continues to operate as a legacy carrier. I guess the situation is the same for KRK. About OPO, it should also be considered as a summer route, I guess.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

airBaltic Riga-Brussels flights will be operated 10 times weekly, 8 times the previous winter.

simulator

Post by simulator »

Qatar Airways is increasing the number of flights to Brussels..
From February 2013 they will operate on a daily basis instead of 5 flights a week at present.

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will see (early) morning flights
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday will keep the afternoon flights

Good news for Brussels ;-)

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

In the monthly newsletter of BRU we can read:
"Jet Airways announced the closure of their daily JFK flight as from September. The route to Newark will continue and may see a further seat capacity expansion in the near future."

Anyone heard something on this recently? I thought they already operate the B777 again on this route (?). Would this eventually mean more frequencies?

If the above mentioned would be true, then there is also a bigger chance that they will stay in BRU, no? The reason might also be related to the fact that AA stops their JFK flight, so they can accommodate more European pax ...

Cheers,
Danny

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Not more frequencies: 9W will simply retrofit its 77W from currently 9 per row in economy to 10 per row in an effort to lower their unit cost.