Best economy class to US

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
theeuropean

Best economy class to US

Post by theeuropean »

Dear members,

I am planing to fly to the US with my family at the end of the year. We are planing on flying economy class...out of United, Jet Airways, American and Delta which one has the better service in economy or are they more or less the same? It doesnt matter whether we fly into Newark or JFK.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Bralo20

Re: Best economy class to US

Post by Bralo20 »

United Airlines in Economy Plus has the best legroom and IMHO a decent service...
Jet Airways has the best economy in general...

So my choice would be UA to EWR (since I like the extra legroom) ;)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

How do you book Eco Plus on UA and how much does it cost ? Could not find it on their web site, but perhaps I didn't search properly.
In favor of quality air travel.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Air Key West wrote:How do you book Eco Plus on UA and how much does it cost ? Could not find it on their web site, but perhaps I didn't search properly.
It gives you only more legroom (first row eco). Not a c-class meal, like Air New Zealand.

You can buy it during online check-in, and is +/- 100$ one way.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

After having experienced 9W on the outbound to EWR, I was not necessarily equally impressed with CO on the inbound from EWR. The 9W A332 interior looks more attractive than the UA 764 and the 9W IFE is definitely more advanced.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Thank you, andorra-airport.

Friends who flew 9W to NYC told me they were delighted with Jet Airways's economy class service.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

I'd think the best service available on BRU-NYC is 9W hands up!

Stij

Post by Stij »

Agree! 9W rules!

fretn

Post by fretn »

Golden rule: if possible never fly an American carrier!
Pick Jet, it's really one of the best choices there is, can't really go wrong with them.
Also no free booze on Delta, United, AA & US.

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

9W is the one to take!

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

fretn wrote:Golden rule: if possible never fly an American carrier!
Pick Jet, it's really one of the best choices there is, can't really go wrong with them.
Also no free booze on Delta, United, AA & US.
I tend to disagree... For all my TATL flights I rely on United Airlines, I used to take British Airways but now I only use BA for intra-EU flights only. I've started flying with UA a couple of years ago and I'm always very happy flying with them, wetter it is in economy plus, business or first... Yes, I agree that the level of service on board isn't yet up to European or Asian standards but it's still more then sufficient to cross the pond.

United has always offered me more then decent service including friendly and helpfull staff, here in Brussels and abroad in the USA. The FA's on board may be a little older then average but yet they have loads of experience and tend to go as far as possible to help a customer. On all my flights I only had one bad experience and that was back in 2009 flying first class from Washington to Houston on board of an A319 in rather rough weather, the flight attendant serving first seemed to be a bid on edge, probably due the weather and the service wasn't up to standards. Not that the flight attendant was rude, not at all but yet, there was a big difference. However, as long if they are friendly (and most of the time if you, as a customer, are friendly too then even the biggest bitch will be polite and friendly) I couldn't care to much about the level of service.

So, for me, I'll always fly United when the price is right and the schedule is good. i'll take them before any carrier to the USA.

But then again, since I'm above 2 metres tall I like the extra legroom in economy plus, just in case when an upgrade doesn't clear... I don't want to be stuck in a sardine can for 8 hours or more if I can avoid it from the start. UA offers a decent product against a decent fare. Now, if one needs alcoholic beverages that's for each person individual to decide. For me I couldn't care less if a glass of wine if offered or not, or that I get a single malt for free... But that's for everyone different I guess ;)

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Thank you all for the replies :)

My parents will travel return on Jet Airways. I will fly with them on Jet Airways but I still need to book a return. Maybe I'll try United Economy Plus on the way back :)

earthman

Post by earthman »

Does Jet serve indian food on TATL?

Stij

Post by Stij »

earthman wrote:Does Jet serve indian food on TATL?
Oh yes and it's good!

ExSabena

Post by ExSabena »

Air Key West wrote:How do you book Eco Plus on UA and how much does it cost ? Could not find it on their web site, but perhaps I didn't search properly.
You can ask directly at check-in to the agent. It's 71 EUR for a BRU-EWR or BRU-ORD or BRU-IAD.

Enjoy it !

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Thanks for the info.