Sobelair replacements...

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
vflies

Post by vflies »

Btw, "cabinoverste" ...

... Purser, Number 1, Cabin Service Director (CSD), Chef de Cabine (CC), Maître de Cabine, A-Line, In-Flight Coordinator...

to name just a few...

VFlies

website-info

Post by website-info »

Ladies and Gents,

Just following this thread on Cabin attendents and languages spoken. Seems to me, that if you want to hear your öwn"language spoken by the cabin crew, you must fly with your own national airline. So Brits fly BA/BMI/Virgin, Germans fly LH, Swiss fly LX and Belgians fly SNBA. Great, but in the real world you can't always fly somewhere with your national airline, ie, SNBA don't fly very far long haul, suppose you want to go to Thailand, you have a couple of choices, either fly with someone and get announcements in English and that carriers National language or DON'T FLY. Me personally, when I book a flight I don't think about which language is spoken by the crew, I book with someone who flies where I want to go. There is no safety issue, most airlines that fly international will make an announcement in English and they usually have a taped message for demostrations in numerous other languages. I know for instance the LH and SAS systems have more than 25 languages, pre taped for all safety matters - inclunding we are going to crash,

Just my couple of Rands worth of hot air. Heading to South Africa on KLM tomorrow and I am not expecting them to speak Afrikaans !!!!

Rgds
Tony

Comet

Post by Comet »

Eurocontrol wrote:Ladies and Gents,

Just following this thread on Cabin attendents and languages spoken. Seems to me, that if you want to hear your öwn"language spoken by the cabin crew, you must fly with your own national airline. So Brits fly BA/BMI/Virgin.
Not this Brit :evil: I like to fly with the airline of the country I am visiting, life would be boring if I only ever flew with BA. I would have missed out on Icelandair, Iberia, Cyprus Airways, Finnair, Aer Lingus, Air France, the late great Sabena, VLM and SNBA. I like all those airlines (note I never mentioned Air New Zealand :twisted: ) and I am glad to have flown with them. (Incidentally, the only time a cabin attendant on one of my flights has had a problem with the English language was a New Zealander on Air New Zealand -I asked her for a cup of tea and she didn't know what I meant, but then again their cabin crews are thick!) I never think about the language thing when I fly.
Last edited by Comet on 29 Jan 2004, 19:44, edited 2 times in total.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well, why doesn't BA have then tapes where they can make the announcment in french and dutch for the flights to/from Belgium :? Would be more customer friendly I think..

Ciao
Chris
8)

vflies

Post by vflies »

Louise, you just crack me up!
Don't know if you realize how funny you are...
;-)

VFlies

Avro

Post by Avro »

I never think about the language thing when I fly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a very good one Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

vflies wrote:Louise, you just crack me up!
Don't know if you realize how funny you are...
;-)

VFlies
Maybe Vance :lol: I try and put a laugh in now and again, but most people don't understand my humour. Pity, really...
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

vflies

Post by vflies »

Don't worry, your humor is not wasted on me... ;-)

VFlies