BrusselsAirlines - the TURBOPROPS will come!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

andorra-airport

Re: BrusselsAirlines - the TURBOPROPS will come!

Post by andorra-airport »

airazurxtror wrote: Virgin Express had something Brussels lack and won't ever have : class, peps, glamour.
Best shown by the color schemes : striking for Virgin, dull and drab for Brussels.
And by the personality of Richard Branson against that of the Brussels CEO (who is it ?).
You are correct:

vs

;)

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

To make any difference 4 + 4 options would be a ridiculous order.
But it would make sense if perhaps the risk assessment by the lessors wouldn't allow SN to take more than that amount, until they retire more B737's and Avro's, or get a capital injection from LH.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

andorra-airport wrote:
airazurxtror wrote: Virgin Express had something Brussels lack and won't ever have : class, peps, glamour.
Best shown by the color schemes : striking for Virgin, dull and drab for Brussels.
And by the personality of Richard Branson against that of the Brussels CEO (who is it ?).

;)
another item of VEX glamour and class : their Boeings (please note the sarcastic tone...lol)

striking color schemes for Virgin???? Uhm...Am I missing something? where???

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_P ... ?id=008674
http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_P ... ?id=008396

I'm not saying that SN has the coolest colour scheme, but saying that Virgin has the coolest one, is maybe a bridge too far.

And SN doesn't need a CEO that sells and buys company like we change underwear. SN needs stability and long term investments.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Flanker wrote:To make any difference 4 + 4 options would be a ridiculous order.
Still daydreaming about 35 Q400s are you? :lol:

Wake up and smell the coffee, dude, it's just not going to happen quite and rightfully so. :roll:

regi

Post by regi »

But it would make sense if perhaps the risk assessment by the lessors wouldn't allow SN to take more than that amount, until they retire more B737's and Avro's, or get a capital injection from LH.
Well, you make clear where it goes about: the money.
And whatever dream, idea, obsession we (as aviation enthusiasts in general ) may have, it are the guys with money who decide about it. :|

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Euh .. Regi, not necessarly cfr. Sabena haha .. no money but still ordering Airbusses...
But hey your right in normal situations..

Hoping this time they have some..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

I'll give you guys a clear picture of the situation in a PM.
No need to spread panic.

134flyer

Post by 134flyer »

tolipanebas wrote:
Still daydreaming about 35 Q400s are you? :lol:
Nah, that number is still too low: I guess with SN's rising pax numbers & loadfactor, he will be changing SN's business plan once again; SN will now need 70 Q400s...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

OO-ITR wrote: striking color schemes for Virgin???? Uhm...Am I missing something? where???
Here :

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_P ... ?id=024811

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:
OO-ITR wrote: striking color schemes for Virgin???? Uhm...Am I missing something? where???
Here :

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_P ... ?id=024811
true now I see it...totally different colour scheme... :lol:

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Flanker wrote:I'll give you guys a clear picture of the situation in a PM.
No need to spread panic.
All very nice conjecture, but why bother everybody personally with your ranting now?
You can delete me from your mailing list in future, because I do not want to receive any spam from you: it's getting close to stalking and I will once again file a complaint with the moderators as you have already been warned in the past not to do this when you were posting under another login name, BTW. :evil:

In the mean time, in the real world, I am happy to say SN has presented its fleet plan for the next 2 and a half years and I can tell you that the number of addtional turboprops SN is planning to operate alongside that single wetleased Q400 currently operating on behalf of them, is set at 2 and these two Q400s will be wetleased, one starting in FEB next year, the other one in MAY...

Oh, a significant number of A319s and A320s are planned to join the fleet in 2012 and 2013 too, even more than they have added this year, I am afraid. :mrgreen:

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

How do you know that? We have had no information for the moment. Is it true about the turboprops, only 2 extra, and wetleased? Will they get rid of more Avro's, as more airbusses will come?

Regards,
Johan

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

regi wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Second hand Airbus from easyJet, then turboprops, and what next ? old 737 surplus to Ryanair ?
There is real glamour at SN !
This downgrading has resulted in the collapse of the local small business tourist industry. Many guides and guesthouses who relied on independant travellers lost the daily influx of clientele.
Be aware that MHS was even served by B737 of TG as well !
There is no real alternative for air travel because the roadtrip still takes about 6 hours from Chiang Mai along a narrow and winding mountain road.
ATR's are still used sometimes to bring large tour groups. ( who bring nothing to the independant tourist industry :? )
It is an example how downsizing results in an automatic system of shrinking the clientele as well.
Who minds about "glamour" ? What matters is profit. Of course to reach profit the quality of service vs fare is important but everybody knows QOS is only partially related to the age/type of the a/c. Anyways for a short flight (within the 1hr range), who minds the sophistication of the cabin ?
Regi, you can see the problem from the other side too : since the route was unprofitable (was it ?) it was downsized ... I personally have no clues as from which side to look at.
Concerning the opportunity to exploit a TP fleet, why not welcome this development as long as the flight does not exceed the one hour duration threshold? Who would mind some slight disconfort on short routes for which there are no wider a/c competing ?
I draw some destis within the 600 km range with practically no jet a/c competing.. Of course we don't need a wide fleet to cover just a subset of the candidate routes ...
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg4/scal ... res=medium

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn-remember wrote:
Who minds about "glamour" ? What matters is profit.
One just wonders why such CEO as Herb Kelleher, Michael O'Leary, Richard Branson, Stelios Haji-Ioannou (at his hayday) took (and for some of them still take) such pain to promote their outfit and make it known to the public.
Of course, every one of them would agree : what matters is profit.
How do you achieve profit ? By being drab and dull like Brussels ? Judging by its results, one can doubt it ...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:How do you achieve profit ? By being drab and dull like Brussels ? Judging by its results, one can doubt it ...
yes this year SN will post of big loss. Strangly it carries much more passangers. Why would more and more passengers choose for a dull and boring airline. It makes me wonder :lol:
SN's 2011 results doesn't have anything to do with being dull and boring. If you state this, you clearly have no knowledge of what happens in aviation

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

"What matters is profit" !
Those at the helm at Brussels have perhaps (perhaps) a profund knowledge of what happens in aviation, but they are to post a big loss this year.
Perhaps they should have less knowledge and more commercial sense ?
Thankfully, Korongo will bring large profit next year - if it ever takes off ...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote:"What matters is profit" !
Those at the helm at Brussels have perhaps (perhaps) a profund knowledge of what happens in aviation, but they are to post a big loss this year.
Perhaps they should have less knowledge and more commercial sense ?
Thankfully, Korongo will bring large profit next year - if it ever takes off ...
part of commercial sense is doing investments to turn a business profitable...like Korongo as you stated, or adding 6 A32F to the fleet, or updating the cabin layout of a long haul fleet.
Maybe you can try to find out why SN will post a loss this year and then try to react about being commercial

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Does anyone know which destinations will be served with the two additional wet-leased tps ? Morning feeder flights from AMS ? What else could we expect ?
In favor of quality air travel.

lindahabana

Post by lindahabana »

I guess Luxembourg or Dusseldorf.

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

Air Key West wrote:Does anyone know which destinations will be served with the two additional wet-leased tps ? Morning feeder flights from AMS ? What else could we expect ?
London City ? LH and LX seem to value it...