health issue heart condition

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
regi

health issue heart condition

Post by regi »

euh, strange question:
I was informed that I better would not fly anymore because of a uncertain heart condition.
As an aviation enthusiast , a loyal member of Luchtzak, and because of my work and private life this is a serious blow.
But I am sceptical about hospitals , medicins and doctors. The funny thing is that the cardiologist could not give an explanation why I should avoid flying.

I know there is a fundamental difference between a pressurized cabin or non-pressurized flight. The latter I can't stand, I only see the inside of a bag during such flights.
But I don't have problems with pressurized flights.

Can somebody pass some information please about the relation between flying and a small heart problem ? Thank you.

kookongsi

Re: health issue heart condition

Post by kookongsi »

I've asked several doctors if there's a correlation on flying and minor heart deseases. However we don't know exactly your problem none of them could see any problem with it as the condition in the cabin is comparable with a height of 2000m above sealevel (I don't know this for sure). All the problems that has happened before are mostly caused by stress (I don't believe this counts for you ;) )or thrombosis (too many hours sitting in the same position on long flights), dehydration (dry air in cabin).
Maybe you could ask your cadiologist for more info?

Greetz

regi

Re: health issue heart condition

Post by regi »

thanks for the reply.
The frustrating thing is that the cardiologist did not give a proper explanation why I should avoid flying. I am not in danger of an heart attack. My small nuisance is also not solvable with a pace maker. I am also not a stress rabbit who goes berserk about non availability of chicken instead of pork etcetera. :)
It is just 1 stupid nerve that sometimes gives bad vibes, causing a very uncomfortable feeling , I can assure you that !
I never had 1 problem on pressurised planes ( I thought that the condition on board was comparable with an altitude of 1500 meters. You mention 2000 meters, so those 500 extra meters won't make much difference I guess )
But I can not stand unpressurised flights. ( but that has nothing to do with my rebellious heart nerve but with a too sensative balance feeling )