BRU-MAN with SN, MAN-BRU with BA (13 Jan 04)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Avro

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote: I'm surprised the load factor was quite low.
That's probably because it's the low season. I don't want to know the loadfactors of the other flights :cry:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

That's right, Chris, but MAN is a business-orientated destination, so the low season doesn't have much to do with it I think.

Certainly since MAN is having good loads in general...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

A bad day perhaps. Or was the return flight perhaps at the bad timing for business trips (too early) :?:

ciao,
TriStar :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:I wondered about one thing: why didn't you check in for your MAN-BRU together with your BRU-MAN? It would surprise me when SN wouldn't allow this when the flight is operated by BA.
That's exactly the reason, Frederic. I could not check in for the return flight because it was operated by BA. It seems that SN's and BA's computers are not interconnected.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

That's very strange.

Codeshares should always be interconnected in the system as far as I know.

In 2002, I checked in at the SN counter with VEX tickets for a LHR-BRU sector.

Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Codeshares should always be interconnected in the system as far as I know.

In 2002, I checked in at the SN counter with VEX tickets for a LHR-BRU sector.
Indeed, that was possible, but they were in the same airport at e few metres distance. In my case, the SN computers were in BRU and BA's in MAN or LON.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

André: I checked in in LHR ;)

When you book BA tickets, you can check in the evening before your flight on their website! You can even select your seat when the flight is operated by BA.

This means that BA would allow to check in for an SN operated flight on their website. Of course you have to buy BA tickets to do so.

And when you really want to buy SN tickets, and want to be checked in for the return flight too, just go to an SN counter. Being checked in by a cute lady is still beter than by a self check in machine ;)

Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:André: I checked in in LHR ;)

When you book BA tickets, you can check in the evening before your flight on their website! You can even select your seat when the flight is operated by BA.

This means that BA would allow to check in for an SN operated flight on their website. Of course you have to buy BA tickets to do so.
But ALL flights to LHR are operated by BA (except one single flight departing from BRU on Sat evening and returning on Sun morning). No wonder they can give you baording passes both ways at once.
Sabena_690 wrote:And when you really want to buy SN tickets, and want to be checked in for the return flight too, just go to an SN counter. Being checked in by a cute lady is still beter than by a self check in machine ;)
Except that if the cute lady wants to weigh my hand baggage I'll have to leave it to her ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

But ALL flights to LHR are operated by BA (except one single flight departing from BRU on Sat evening and returning on Sun morning). No wonder they can give you baording passes both ways at once.
No! I'm talking about 2002. LHR, Terminal one, SN Brussels Airlines counter, where I checked in with VEX tickets (although the VEX counter was a few metres further).

I would contact SN about this, it is really annoying they don't let you check in for the return opb another carrier.

Frederic

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

André,
thanks a lot for this nice and very detailed trip rep :lol:
and I think because I'm only 1.50 m short I felt very comfortable some years ago in an flightline BAe-146 in a 6-6 config, but both times it was the late evening flight and therefore the plane wasn't full, to be correct I had both time all three seats for myself to make myself a little bit more comfortable :wink:

Jumbolino.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Sorry but I don't see the connection between how tall someone is, and whether an aircraft is 5 or 6 abreast seating. I would have thought the issue for someone tall would be the amount of legroom provided, not the number of seats in the row? I have been perfectly comfortable on both five and six abreast aircraft because I found that many had identical legroom, not matter how many seats were in the row.

Also - do BA do the check-in for SNBA fligth at all British airports? I know they do at Birmingham, but what about Manchester?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jumbolino,

You were lucky to have the three seats for yourself. On the BA Avro, even if the seats had been free, it would not have been possible, because it is impossible to put the armrests in an upright position. They are fixed in their horizontal position :evil:

Comet,

BA does the check-in for SN at MAN.
Last edited by sn26567 on 18 Jan 2004, 09:16, edited 2 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote::

Comet,

Ba does the check-in for SN at MAN.
Thanks. That piece of information has really made my day.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

They are fixed in their horizontal position
André please could you confirm that - real ?! what a pity :evil: :evil: :evil: !

and for Louise, if your weight fits to your height it's clear that a "Shorty" needs less room than a 2 m guy :wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jumbolino wrote:
They are fixed in their horizontal position
André please could you confirm that - real ?!
Jumbolino, I confirm:

On the BA Avro, there are 6 seats abreast in an 3-3 configuration, and it is impossible to put the armrests in an upright position. They are fixed in their horizontal position. :evil: :( :cry: :?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Re: BRU-MAN with SN, MAN-BRU with BA (13 Jan 04)

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:And then I saw this Canadair OY-RJA of Danish regional airline Cimber Air:
What was this plane doing in BRU? Could it be operating the Maersk/SN flights to Billund?
I got the answer by private mail from a correspondent in Denmark. He tells me that the plane is on a wet lease contract for Lufthansa on the BRU-TXL (Berlin Tegel) route.
André
ex Sabena #26567