Nippon Cargo Airlines invests in Cargo B

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Nippon Cargo Airlines invests in Cargo B

Post by Atlantis »

In Brief: Like I said earlier, Cargo B will receive a B747-400F of NCA at the end of this year. At the beginning of next year it will fly its first commercial flight for Cargo B.

But more important for the future of Cargo B is the injection of 7 million euro: NCA will pay 4 million euro.

http://www.lloyd.be/nieuws/id22870-Nipp ... anden.html

Established02

Re: Nippon Cargo Airlines invests in Cargo B

Post by Established02 »

Wow, surprising news that is!

Nothing on NCA's site as yet.

http://www.nca.aero/e/index.html

Why would NCA go for a Belgian adventure, while they're now operating out of AMS, FRA and MPX?

Can they not find a suitable interline partner to South-America at those major cargo airports?

> Cargo B heeft tevens een interline akkoord met NCA gesloten voor vrachtvervoer tussen
> Zuid-Amerika en Japan, terwijl NCA vracht vanuit Azië voor Latijns-Amerika kan meegeven
> op de vluchten van B Cargo.

Is NCA interested to use BB's intra-South American segments and/or Transatlantic segments?

If NCA would want to use space on BB's transatlantic flights, then I don't see how Asian freight that arrives at AMS or FRA would be trucked to BRU and then loaded on BB's flight to South-America!

Wild speculation: Is NCA perhaps considering to move their AMS ops down to BRU?

I understand that All Nippon Airways (Star Alliance) has a stake in NCA.

Wild speculation again: Is there perhaps something beautiful growing between BB, NCA, NH and SN?

NCB

Post by NCB »

Wild speculation again: Is there perhaps something beautiful growing between BB, NCA, NH and SN?
I guess we're too far from that.
It might be interesting for BB and SN to work together, but they surely will if they are not already.

On the pax side I see NH and SN working together through STAR and NH sending a daily 777 to BRU very soon. It's time to bring back some money-spending Japanese tourists to Belgium ;-)

A 4 million investment is not really big so until further news, it will probably be just that, a single investment. Anyways, good news and it's nice to see a strong Japanese partner backing Cargo B.

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

It's time to bring back some money-spending Japanese tourists to Belgium

especially now that Ghent is the third best historical city to visit...I heard this on the news this morning.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

UPDATE

Cargo B will receive two B747-400F of NCA. The first one will arrive at 12 december 2008, the second one at the beginning of 2009.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Atlantis wrote:UPDATE

Cargo B will receive two B747-400F of NCA. The first one will arrive at 12 december 2008, the second one at the beginning of 2009.
Thanks for this interesting news, Atlantis.

Any idea why NCA can take two of these aircraft out of their own fleet?
Are they getting other aircraft instead or have they been downsizing their operations recently?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

NCA has ordered some B744F. Two of them are already delivered this year. The other will follow next year. They are now flying only with B744F.

NCA can take some advantaged when Cargo B will fly cargo to/from Japan to/from South America instead of flying the goods themselfs. I think thats why Cargo B can have those two B744 of NCA.

itami

Post by itami »

Established02 wrote:I understand that All Nippon Airways (Star Alliance) has a stake in NCA.
Not correct ! Nippon Cargo Airlines was established on September 21, 1978 and was Japan's first all-cargo airline. Initially, NCA was a joint venture of shipping companies headed by Nippon Yūsen and All Nippon Airways. In August 2005, ANA sold its stake to Nippon Yūsen. The airline is owned by Global Logistics Investments (55.18%), Nippon Yūsen (13.8%), Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (13.19%), Nippon Express (3.13%) and 35 others (14.7%).

FlyingElvis

Post by FlyingElvis »

Anyone got news about the situation at cargob, i heard they are not paying their pilots in november & december due to an unpaid tax bill in luxembourg??? Financial troubles catching up with them? :(

Accry

Post by Accry »

FlyingElvis, what you heard is not correct... they are paying the whole taxes in once at the end of the year, because for the other 2008 month's, the crews received their brutto loan ... ! Now they make a kind of regularisation.

FlyingElvis

Post by FlyingElvis »

Hi Accry, thanks for the info. I was only asking if anyone had heard any more information, as my pilot friend at Cargob had said there were many angry pilots in the company who were told a few days back that they would not receive salaries because of tax issues, but as usual things get exagerated, financial difficulties were mentioned as a possible problem too? Hard to imagine if NCA are injecting cash?

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

FlyingElvis wrote:Hi Accry, thanks for the info. I was only asking if anyone had heard any more information, as my pilot friend at Cargob had said there were many angry pilots in the company who were told a few days back that they would not receive salaries because of tax issues, but as usual things get exagerated, financial difficulties were mentioned as a possible problem too? Hard to imagine if NCA are injecting cash?
There was indeed a cash input - and NCA now owns the D-shares from Cargo B. But more important is the setup between Cargo B and NCA regarding OO-CBC. Those who have known Rob Kuijpers when he was at SN Brussels Airlines don't worry: it was always nice to do business with him. The setup between Cargo B and NCA will be fair and solid.

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 174444.pdf