Shame on the airport of Zaventem...

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Erna

Shame on the airport of Zaventem...

Post by Erna »

On Monday, july 28 I left from Brussels to Tokyo. The first leg of my flight was with Austrian to Vienna. Boarding was at gate A45 at 10.10
Because boarding didn’t start on time I decided to go to the ladies “restroom” next to gate 45 at around 10.15.
All of the toilets were incredibly dirty (I won’t post any pictures, too disgusting) with toilet paper and other stuff all over the floor and there were no hygienic bins in the toilets.

If this is the first impression of our hygienic standards a tourist gets, they must think we’re a 3th world country, and that would be offensive in regards to the so-called 3th world!

This is a crying shame and I’ll send a letter of complaints to the airport (with pictures)....

Erna

Conti764

Re: Shame on the airport of Zaventem...

Post by Conti764 »

Erna wrote:On Monday, july 28 I left from Brussels to Tokyo. The first leg of my flight was with Austrian to Vienna. Boarding was at gate A45 at 10.10
Because boarding didn’t start on time I decided to go to the ladies “restroom” next to gate 45 at around 10.15.
All of the toilets were incredibly dirty (I won’t post any pictures, too disgusting) with toilet paper and other stuff all over the floor and there were no hygienic bins in the toilets.

If this is the first impression of our hygienic standards a tourist gets, they must think we’re a 3th world country, and that would be offensive in regards to the so-called 3th world!

This is a crying shame and I’ll send a letter of complaints to the airport (with pictures)....

Erna
Well, you're absolutely right. The airports toilets are far from what they used to be. I remember times you could 'eat from the ground', now they are very dirty.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

In the same chapter of "Brussels Aiport, Dirty Airport" I would like to invite you to visit the arrival area outside the Aiport, at the taxi level.

Just walk to the Parking, along the Sheraton to any Parking, and admire the rubbish: cigarettes, cans, cartons, paper, equipment, plastic bags,....
This place has not been cleaned for months probably, whereas a 2 - 3 times a day clean-up is necessary in any place where thousands of people come.

Shame on Brussels Aiport company and its management. At least for the lack of tideness and for the bad image they give to people arriving in Belgium.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

The toilet cubicles are more often than not laden with tobacco smoke too. It's a disgrace :oops:

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have seen public toilets in Paris which are far worse, and more so you pay for the dubious "privilege" of using them!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Comet wrote:I have seen public toilets in Paris which are far worse, and more so you pay for the dubious "privilege" of using them!
Have seen worse too.

Point is that BRU fails to keep its place clean and attractive.

Respect for the users who pay a bloody high tax for it.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

'Good' news from BRU Airport.

Finally the works on the Departure area (road, parking,..) in front of Terminal seem to have taken off.

Can still not believe it takes 9 - 10 months to upgrade an area only as big as about 2 football fields.

At many occasions, I saw absolutely nobody working : just an empty, dirty, un-attractive place. Just like a dumping ground for equipment, materials,...

Today at least 20 guys working, clearly under presssure.

I question if the job will be done properly:

- choice of tyles: where it is already accessible for pedestrians you can see dirty spots (oil, chewing gum; deteriorasion will follow soon;
- posing tyles outside in November is asking for trouble: guess what will happen if we have night frost in the coming days...

Wait and see, but my guess is that it will not be ready from Christmas (2008)

After that it will take months to clean up the place, install proper signage etc.

Not what I call a professional job.